The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

I have some questionss

By on May 5, 2010 11:18:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Two actually:

Best favor for DA on levi?

and

Wrath reg even if I'm not soloing a lane?

Oh one more

How pissed should I be if my DA doesn't take any active abilities? I.E. no swap no spine and no warp?

+10 Karma | 10 Replies
May 5, 2010 11:19:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

swift anklet for DA

Wrath yes do it

May 5, 2010 11:27:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think it's Renewal. DA has terrible cooldowns and not having a Celerity flag hurts him. It gives him a little bit of an hp pool and mana pool too so that's a plus. Renewal really is one of the best favor items :-/ Wish Generals had a not-terrible version of it, though I can see Bite-abuse. 

Swift can certainly do a decent job at it but you have to be careful. You will have no combat advantage for the first 10 minutes of the game before people start porting around the map and overextending (which is easier to do on Levi than Cataract because the "safe zones" are less defined and it's a longgggg walk home). You're certainly dependent on a kill advantage. 

Wrath? Yeah it's good in Levi where it is virtually impossible to steal creeps  

May 6, 2010 1:46:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Best favor for DA on levi?

Well... best should also factor in your skill level with da.  If you don't feel like you are a boss with him, I'd say stick botf.  The guy with the lowest hp is generally target number 1.  I personally like swift ank on da... but I also agree with hedgie - the cd bonus would be pretty useful on da, but I don't personally use it...

I see 2 choices for reg on levi - HW or staff of renewal.  I generally prefer HW, but that's because I'm using it for extra damage for a kill or to poke through the fog of war to lock on that extra snipe for a kill.  I don't find I use it a hell of a lot to farm... if you do go staff, make sure you are spamming snipe/mines/whatever, otherwise you would probably have been better off using something else. 

May 6, 2010 12:03:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I dont want to be a weenie, but Maccilia man, didn't you learn when we played together on Levi?

Levi is not a map for DA.
4vs4 is bad for DA (even numer of DGs, and 3+ focus fire can take DA out of the fight before he can do anything but spine attack unless you want to die)
Once the tower goes down the safe zone buffer is real far away. You aren't safe capping flags as DA, and there is no real place to swap them to danger unless they are standing right outside of your frontal towers.
Mana regen on levi is nice, but not quite right for DA. High enough to make EoM not a good choice compared to the health mana ratio of other DGs, but low enough to make sure using SoR will deplete your mana too quickly to be able to burst multiple times when you need it unless you've geared your life too low.
Anklet? Real bad if they can hit you from beyond melee in a 3+ DG focus fire. Spit/Pen/SwarmBite are all things that will get you killed when you have 3K life unless you are being overly cautious.

Watching the replay of that game
QoT and DA not a good combo, we held the flag and lane until level 7 (hell I didnt need to go to base until level 7), but as soon as that tower went down we were in huge trouble 
(Although in our defense, the towers were set for n00b, so we couldn't quite take them down fast enough before TP inbound)

I would say it doesn't matter... pick what you are best at because your mana/life won't be quite right compared to the others, and once the tower goes down it is like sorta like playing DA on prison. Not safe and no danger zone to swap them into.

May 6, 2010 6:17:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

QoT and DA not a good combo, we held the flag and lane until level 7 (hell I didnt need to go to base until level 7), but as soon as that tower went down we were in huge trouble

yep, but I think that if we had held the tower things might have gone differently and no offense Orion but as DA I want sedna, oak, or ereb in my lane cause they have abilities that synergize better with da's imo

@Pacov

Yeah, though with anklet I tend to hang back and spam spine till I get something in the way of health

May 8, 2010 4:41:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

DA = Blood DON'T LISTEN TO MCSHANE HE WILL TRY TO CONVINCE YOU TO USE WRATH WITH DA

You can just get natures rekoning for creeps as your first item like me instead

You should get staff of renewal with reg and spam snipe on levi

you should be very angry if your DA doesn't have ATLEAST swap and spine.

May 8, 2010 5:06:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I use NR as my only "helm" as DA. Wrath actually works decent on a DA... depends how you play. But I've used it with decent amounts of success. I still think that EoM is better but Wrath can work decently if you're on the mana side for most of the game. 

May 8, 2010 9:43:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Cowbuttzex,
DA = Blood DON'T LISTEN TO MCSHANE HE WILL TRY TO CONVINCE YOU TO USE WRATH WITH DA

You can just get natures rekoning for creeps as your first item like me instead

You should get staff of renewal with reg and spam snipe on levi

you should be very angry if your DA doesn't have ATLEAST swap and spine.

Hahaha, I like renewal with DA on leviathan actually because you can get enough mana regen going to spam your skills.

May 8, 2010 11:29:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,

Levi is not a map for DA.
4vs4 is bad for DA (even numer of DGs, and 3+ focus fire can take DA out of the fight before he can do anything but spine attack unless you want to die)

I have to disagree here.  4v4 is where DA really shines.  4v4s are less tactical than 2v2s and 3v3s imho.  A lot of the time players might be running around in 4v4s not sure what they're doing.  It's much easier to get a lot of kills from such players in 4v4s.

Also, I agree the mana regen on leviathan is awesome so SoR is the best choice for that map.  

For 3v3s Heaven's Wrath and EoM aren't terrible either.  Only favor that is used a lot that I honestly think is comparatively speaking genuinely a really bad choice is swift anklet.

May 8, 2010 12:51:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

BotF is definitely the training wheels with DA, around lvl 5-7 it really has lost its edge when going against a DA with a different favor. Personally i play Anklet. On leviathan once that first tower goes down you have a long way to run without cover and nowhere to teleport to when trying to get out and help your teammates, being slow on this map is death. unlike prison, where there are no lanes and its too small of a map for speed to matter, levi is large and does have "lanes" so speed is a very desired trait. i don't use anklet however cause i expect to be running away i expect to be killing people. Anklet is really to maximize ganks. Speed allows you to cover more ground and turn more 1v1's into 2v1's in your favor, also when someone decides its time to run they will have you ridding their back all the way. the only other favor i would consider is HW because of how fast you can lvl up and we all know how strong DA gets late game with swap III/Warp IV.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.