The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Fortunately, there are some real decent folks here too.

By on April 16, 2010 9:10:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

MottiKhan

Join Date 04/2007
+152

I've been seeing a lot of negativity about the general attitudes of players in the Demigod arena and that has my guard up. 

But I had the pleasure of playing my first game against real people last night and the players were great.  The hosting team handed us our collective asses, but it was fun to make them work for it. 

I wish I could remember the names of the people I played with and against.  They seemed like a decent and mature group of folks who just wanted to have fun. 

I'm hoping to meet more folks like this as time goes on.  There'll inevitably be the occasional asshole here and there, but so far, it's been a 100% positive experience.

Locked Post 22 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 16, 2010 9:26:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It is a great game if the teams are balanced. This is the most important aspect towards having a great game. Can't stand people who only play stacked games to keep their win % high. Fair enough if it's ridiculously unbalanced but if it's there or there abouts, i'll play.

I only usually play with people who are better or the same as me as I like a challenge. Can't see the point of winning for winnings sake, it' nice to earn it. Cracks me up when you drop in to a game and there are like 3 on the other team with 60-70%+ and they won't balance it. I am 45%.

April 16, 2010 6:04:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The community here is surprisingly mature. Usually when you kill some guy you'll get assaulted by a long profanity-combo for the next two minutes. I don't think I've ever been yelled at while playing Demigod. 

April 16, 2010 10:48:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The community is quite good on the whole. I've found jerks to be fairly rare, and most people are quite nice. And welcome to online

April 17, 2010 11:53:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Logolan himself is an example of a good community player. I played a game with him recently.

But I still contend that what the jerks lack in quantity they make up for in 'quality'.

April 18, 2010 6:33:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wish I could remember the names of the people I played with and against.  They seemed like a decent and mature group of folks who just wanted to have fun.

I agree that the game is pretty good Community... If you wanna see who you played against look in the Pantheon at the top of the Demigod website. Just search your name and look at your game list

Here is the link to you there
http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/games/player/102885/

April 18, 2010 11:07:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think I'm pretty annoying when I'm stoned and playing. I get excited rather easy and I can see that getting irritating.

April 18, 2010 4:52:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think I'm pretty annoying when I'm stoned and playing. I get excited rather easy and I can see that getting irritating.

LOL It's probably pretty funny when I might be slightly drunk and I'm playing demigod   At least it's funny for me anyway ^^

April 18, 2010 7:13:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,

It's not as bad as you think

April 18, 2010 8:30:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't think I've opened the game yet without some prerequisite whiskey consumption. 

April 18, 2010 9:28:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Splitshadow,
The community here is surprisingly mature. Usually when you kill some guy you'll get assaulted by a long profanity-combo for the next two minutes. I don't think I've ever been yelled at while playing Demigod. 
I've had this, but it was by my own teammate.

April 18, 2010 9:29:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,
word of advice to all, when playing with someone who gts like that, let them die. They are better off dead anyways and you will be doing demigod a favor.

April 19, 2010 9:33:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lmao, excuse me?

April 21, 2010 1:30:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I generally don't post too much on the forums, simply because I don't play that often anymore.  However, I have to comment on this.

I often let people know that I will be playing the Demigod drinking game.  Usually, this is played with a bottle of hard liquor(my preference is dark rum, such as the Captain. Or Tequila. But Tequila is a fist-fight in a bottle) and a few bottles of decent beer(not that horse piss most people drink. ).  1 drink for every time a flag gets capped by my team, 1 shot for every time someone on my team dies.  I used to play it with deaths/flag caps from everyone, but that was a poor idea.

I've noticed that when I announce this fact, people on my team will sometimes die on purpose, following it up with "time for a shot, bitch." People I don't even know.  People who are supposed to be concerned with their win percentage.  Right?

That is how I personally know that Demigod is not only a game, it is a fantastic community that I am glad to be a part of.  Thank you for feeding my unrelenting alcoholism.

(post script: I am not an alcoholic.  I'm a drunk.  Alcoholics go to meetings.)

-Taco

April 21, 2010 5:15:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Welcome to the game bro!

Taco, i love the pedobear, i need to get a pedobear t shirt for my daughter lol.

April 21, 2010 5:26:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

(post script: I am not an alcoholic. I'm a drunk. Alcoholics go to meetings.)

-Taco

lolz

April 21, 2010 7:04:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If I ever come back to playing just ignore me in chat lol...my temper can get outta hand

April 21, 2010 11:11:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CaptainTaco,
I generally don't post too much on the forums, simply because I don't play that often anymore.  However, I have to comment on this.

I often let people know that I will be playing the Demigod drinking game.  Usually, this is played with a bottle of hard liquor(my preference is dark rum, such as the Captain. Or Tequila. But Tequila is a fist-fight in a bottle) and a few bottles of decent beer(not that horse piss most people drink. ).  1 drink for every time a flag gets capped by my team, 1 shot for every time someone on my team dies.  I used to play it with deaths/flag caps from everyone, but that was a poor idea.

I've noticed that when I announce this fact, people on my team will sometimes die on purpose, following it up with "time for a shot, bitch." People I don't even know.  People who are supposed to be concerned with their win percentage.  Right?

That is how I personally know that Demigod is not only a game, it is a fantastic community that I am glad to be a part of.  Thank you for feeding my unrelenting alcoholism.

-Taco

You sir are by far my new favorite demigod player.

April 22, 2010 12:02:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You sir are by far my new favorite demigod player.

I do what I can.  And you, sir, are welcome.

-Taco

April 22, 2010 12:27:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,
Lmao, excuse me?

*dethclock*

die diediediedie die diediediedie die!

April 23, 2010 10:37:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CaptainTaco,

-Taco

OMG, why have I never thought of this!?!?

May 6, 2010 2:28:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Shred I am down for this game.

The End.

May 8, 2010 2:44:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I more than likely will be playing The Game within The Game tomorrow night.  Look me up on Lagwars.  It's time to get good and tight.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time: