The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Cool game: Sol Survivor

A Parakeet's Review

Although I've only played the demo of it, the game Sol Survivor seems very fun to me. Of course, I'm the type of guy who usually would get insulted for "camping" on a map playing defensively rather than run around like crazy making myself a target. This game is all about building base defenses while the enemy is advancing to kill everyone in your base. There's a little bit of weirdness, since the name of the enemy is the "acendency" and they seek to kill your colonists and literally steal their souls, but apart from the encyclopedia I didn't see any weirdness of that type in the gameplay, just an onslaught of wave after wave of enemies to kill with base defenses and orbital weaponry.

+15 Karma | 5 Replies
April 9, 2010 4:56:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Has anyone played it? The full version, I mean, is it better than the demo or pretty much the same?

April 9, 2010 5:03:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Is this an RTS or FPS?

April 9, 2010 5:21:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting IrationalFear,
Is this an RTS or FPS?

I think it would qualify as an RTS, though you don't have mobile troops to move. It certainly isn't an FPS though.

April 9, 2010 8:03:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

A video review of it,

April 9, 2010 9:33:25 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I purchased it after seeing a preview on ImpulseTV; it's a GREAT, and very fun game!  At 10$, it can't be beat.  I recently scheduled a multiplayer match, for Thursday and got 4 players (5, if you count a switch from one player who needed to leave to a new one) and it was very fun.

I strongly reccommend this game, though I should also mention that in some MP games, going to heavily defensive is just as big a mistake as any other RTS.  Specifically, in 'wars' you gain income by sending creeps at the enemy, and loose it to upkeep as you build towers.  If you overbuild your defenses, you cripple your economy, and that can be devastating.

Still, overall it's a great game!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.