The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Our Demigod task list

By on April 8, 2010 1:29:13 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums
Category Description

Animation Oak's shield effect is not visible on Oculus.
Animation Oculus sometimes gets stuck in looping damage animation when at low HP.
Animation Oculus's autoattack animations do not loop/transition smoothly.
Animation Oculus's Ball Lightnings attack animation sometimes sticks with permanent bolt from minion to target.
Animation Oculus's Chain Lightning effect sticks until his or target's death if target teleports during cast.
Animation Oculus's Lightning Blast visual effect appears on the ally who inflicts it, rather than the affected target.
Animation Queen of Thorns root attack animation sticks through bottom of map.
Audio Sedna's low quality Silence effect cause game sound to mute.
Map Minion pathing issues on Prison map.
Map Towers do not appear on Forces of Darkness side until War Rank 4.
Mechanics Ability commands do not properly override current command queue. (#8)
Mechanics Demon Assassin stops and stands after using Warp Strike (similar issues reported with Rook in eSupport).
Mechanics Rook won't Auto-attack after using an ability unless he moves first.
Mechanics Dropping HP/MP buff items reduces current HP/MP by buff amount, regardless of current amount.
Mechanics Erebus can commit suicide by own Poison Blood potion, earning kill bounty (exploit/unintended?).
Mechanics Erebus's Mist ability sometimes fails to deactivate upon exhausting all MP.
Mechanics Heart of Life/Wings of Seraphim effect stops when player receives healing (negative damage).
Mechanics Minion HP buff items only increase max, not initial HP on spawn.
Mechanics Oculus cannot auto-attack units directly under himself.
Mechanics Oculus sometimes becomes unresponsive after using Blast Off.
Mechanics Oculus's Ball Lightnings can spawn in non-traversable map areas.
Mechanics Oculus's Ball Lightnings do not benefit from minion HP buff items.
Mechanics Oculus's Brain Storm has no visual effect without Mental Agility, does not remove debuffs as per tooltip.
Mechanics Oculus's Electrocution does not stop regeneration as per tooltip.
Mechanics Player Queen of Thorns changes targets without user input while auto-attacking.
Mechanics Players can loot kill-drop potions from long range under certain circumstances. (#21)
Mechanics Sedna's Silence debuff never expires under certain circumstances.
Mechanics Shamblers stop short of max attack range when ordered to attack structures.
Mechanics Sludge Slinger fails without feedback if player is not both in range and facing target.
Mechanics Torchbearer's Fireball stops short of target and moves very slowly under certain circumstances.
Mechanics Unclean Beast Plague debuff prevents Post Mortem effect on kills.
Mechanics Using items or abilities while moving causes demigod to stop and begin auto-attacking nearby units.
Other Achievements which span multiple matches do not record progress correctly.
Other Desync or match end midway through replay (did not occur in actual match).
Other Game results include players who joined and left prior to game start.
Other In-game elapsed time does not match grace period for no stats reporting.
Other Oculus moves very slowly when selected with Ball Lightnings.
Other Ping times spike randomly for some users.
Other Ventrilo may cause crashing during load screen.
Other "Unable to create Direct3D", solved by manually changing resolution in the game.prefs (or just deleting it)
UI Demigod selection list in single tournament and achievements screens have no scrollbars.
UI Health bar scaling varies with zoom level.
UI Join/Part messages in lobby use host's localization rather than local user's.
UI Minion summoning buttons vanish/break under certain circumstances when selling Monk idols.
UI Replay interface does not update correctly on watched player death/changing watched player.
UI Rollover Data Error on tooltip of flags while being captured by enemy team in fog of war.
UI War Score display at citadel shows average of both sides, rather than owner's own score.
UI Weapon stats do not update when modal demigods change forms. (#22)
UI Mouse cursor sticking, may be related to DPI settings. (unconfirmed)

These are the items on our list that we???re working with GPG with to address.

+912 Karma | 126 Replies
April 14, 2010 4:57:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting sean r,

Quoting Uphax,
reply 74
hey eeeh did anyone mention that little lobby bug yet that crashes demigod every second or third time it takes too long to get the match started? you know... the one where after someone joins or leaves or... just without a reason the lobby suddenly hangs and you can only kill the demigod process?

I hear if you change the map every once in while during the wait for the spots fill up, will lower the chance of lobby crash

Myth or Fact? nobody knows!

April 14, 2010 5:28:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Cowbuttzex,
Myth or Fact? nobody knows!

Somehow I don't see this showing up on the next episode of Mythbusters. Not enough explosions.

April 14, 2010 6:27:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Splitshadow,

Quoting Cowbuttzex, reply 76Myth or Fact? nobody knows!
Somehow I don't see this showing up on the next episode of Mythbusters. Not enough explosions.

Its Busted!

April 15, 2010 4:48:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Could you add some of the modded maps in the next update might breathe some new life in to the game. A prize for the winners perhaps, you may even find your next employee.

April 15, 2010 7:04:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

and what about this annoying lobby crash bug that happens sometimes?

April 15, 2010 8:29:40 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

awuffleablehedgie
"Also stardock, are you aware of the bug that the narrator only makes the announcement "The forces of light/darkness control the map" When the team mention loses a flag (As opposed to when the capture one which would make more sense)?"

Nice try, but not a bug. Demigod defines map control at 80% of the flags. When you have map control, you gain warscore at twice the normal rate.

I can only assume you misread my post... Which has nothing to do with war score rate (and I certainly hope that is working fine). It's an audio bug. You don't get the announcement when you gain 80% of the flags. Heck as long as you don't lose any you don't get the announcement at all even when you have 100%. You only get the announcement when you have got up to that percentage and then lose a flag. For the announcer to say "The forces of light control the map!" only when the forces of darkness manage to take part of it off them is too ridiculous to be deliberate.

April 15, 2010 4:12:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Damn, these are great additions! Good to see the bugfix stuff being added.

(I second Cow. Increase DA and Reg's attack speed to 6.3. Not wanting to start a balance thread either. )

April 15, 2010 10:59:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Epiphenomenon,
Damn, these are great additions! Good to see the bugfix stuff being added.

(I second Cow. Increase DA and Reg's attack speed to 6.3. Not wanting to start a balance thread either. )

Yeah, I dont understand, why should these 2 demigods should be slower than others? If anything else, Erebus and UB should have movement speed 6.0, who are a LOT stronger than DA and Reg anyway.

Erebus has Bat swarm, so he can chase if needed, should not have 6.3 speed imo.

UB has Inner Beast skill, which not only increase his movement speed, but also at level 15 he can get Acclimation with maxed Inner Beast, and we all know what that means.

DA has a movement speed increase skill, but it doesnt improve anything else with that skill, plus he loses valuable points to spend on other skills, like Spine Attack and Warp Strike.

Regulus has no movement speed increase skills, nor a "warp-like" ability, and the only way to correct this is to purchase boots of speed, losing 1 item slot, thus making him even weaker.

April 16, 2010 8:18:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You've got to sort this invalid gamestate business out!

People leaving just before their citadel is destroyed so the win isn't recorded. Had a great game just then with mighty assa, nnnils, on  my team & chaotic hawk, , arab81 and d271292.

They had the early game won and nnnils wanted to ceoncede, persuaded him to stay and we pulled it back then just as the citadel goes down one of them left and kaput! Most frustrating thing ever. Might not of been a deliberate hack but people know the game may crash upon just leaving so they should concede or leave earlier.

Please sort this out!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/replays.php?game=51&show=details&id=120205#

Not sure i've uploaded the replay properly though.

April 16, 2010 1:55:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

just want to remind you to put the lobby crash bug on that list! or at least comment on that one pls if it is not fixable.

April 16, 2010 1:56:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh & who knew erebus could be shielded in mist form? Learn something new everyday...

April 19, 2010 12:21:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

One bug that I haven't seen in this thread is regarding LVL 1 Priest (Monk) idol minions.  Sometimes if I summon them near the citadel, one will get stuck inside the structure and hang out there until I sell them off and purchase the next level priest idol.  For me, it only seems to happen with the Monk idol, and it doesn't happen every game.  Sure is a disadvantage if I'm the only general and can only have one Monk until I can afford the next level.  Has anyone seen this happen with other idol minions, or higher level priest idols?  Maybe it's not a bug, just a randomly generated strike or Sabbatical ? 

Pathing issues have been mentioned before, including here, but it seems especially problematic on Cataract.  I seem to get stuck turning corners every single game.  I've noticed that this is especially common with Sedna.  Is this most players' experience?  And could it be because she has a longer footprint, if you will, or profile compared to the DGs that walk on two legs (so UB might have this issue more frequently as well)? Could it help to redesign Cataract by tapering the sharp edges/corners, or is that even practical?  I suppose it isn't that big of a deal when no heat is on, but I've been killed several times trying to escape because of getting stuck, or been otherwise disabled.  

April 19, 2010 12:49:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you teleport it gets your monk out of the citadel.

April 19, 2010 12:56:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It doesnt happen to monks only. It can happen to all idol minions.

April 19, 2010 1:15:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Logfloater,
One bug that I haven't seen in this thread is regarding LVL 1 Priest (Monk) idol minions.  Sometimes if I summon them near the citadel, one will get stuck inside the structure and hang out there until I sell them off and purchase the next level priest idol.  For me, it only seems to happen with the Monk idol, and it doesn't happen every game.  Sure is a disadvantage if I'm the only general and can only have one Monk until I can afford the next level.  Has anyone seen this happen with other idol minions, or higher level priest idols?  Maybe it's not a bug, just a randomly generated strike or Sabbatical ? 

Yes, I've seen it several times, almost solely with monks.  Quite annoying and very costly in the early game.  Even if teleporting can fix this, not everyone has a teleport scroll to spare in the opening moments of the game.  Would seem that this could be fixed fairly easily my making the citadel's footprint more impassible.

April 21, 2010 11:06:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A few other things I've noticed that may not be bugs but should be considered on the adjust/change list:

• Sedna's Heal and Oak's Shield can apparently be used on idols and creeps.  Now fortunately I am usually able to separate the worthy recipients for these spells, but every so often (such as with lag jerk or poor targeting on my part) in a heated battle with lots of minions an creeps, they get it instead of me or my team mate.  Doesn't it seem foolish that creeps/grunts can even be targeted with these spells?
  • Something else that happens to me frequently as Oak or Sedna is if I'm fighting melee with a teammate, we are often nearly superimposed and it is tricky to say the least to get the right target.  Could there be a key combo or spacial adjustment here to better differentiate two allied DGs? 
  • On a related note, sometimes it is difficult for me to make out some of the smaller DGs on the main screen or even the mini map in a pitched battle with lots of creeps, such as itsy bitsy Regulus or even Demon Assassin.  Could there a way to make all DGs stand out more from the creep waves, such as perhaps a colored ring around their feet or hot pink tights on Reg? Can't count the times where I was fighting 1v1 against some opposing DG, and Regulus sneaks in with the creep wave nearly concealed, and I didn't even realize it.  Maybe that's the point since after all he is one of the shiftiest bastards in the game.
  • Oak's Shield LVL 3 - love or hate here, sure, but being unable to interrupt a portal lock while he's shiny silver is almost game breaking. If he's on the ball, once an opposing portal is locked then it's probably going to be his for the rest of the game and there's little to nothing anyone can do about it (Sedna's Silence is too specific and short to be an adequate counter here IMO).  I don't mind him getting away scot-free on a teleport or extending his battle worthiness on the field, but a cap lock should always be interruptable. 
  • And speaking of flag locks, it is darned hard to tell that some DGs are doing this (Queen, i.e.).  With a TP, you get a nice swirling ring animation around their feet that leaves no doubt as to what is going on.  Wouldn't it be nice if there was a similarly obvious animation for a cap lock? 

I've always been of the opinion that adjustments such as these are much more valuable than any balance overhaul in the game.  Any thoughts on these issues?  I might not have all these things right, either, so corrections are also welcome...

April 22, 2010 4:42:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Logfloater

You problems are not problems at all. lol

By holding ctrl (control) key while using abilities it will target only demigods. Shielding or god forbid healing creeps or minions is only usefull when you attack enemy tower and its fire is locked on that creep. By keeping that creep alive you can hit enemy tower without taking any damage.

By pressing tilde (`)(below Esc button, above tab button) key you can scroll thru varius health bar display modes (small bars on top of demigods). Modes include:

-Showing health bar over creeps buildings and demigods

-Showing health bar only on top of demigods only

-Showing health bar only on top of buildings only

The bar also appears on top of enemy  demigod so its easy to target them.

April 26, 2010 10:38:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Any word on the likely hood of any of these changes being fixed any time soon? Wondering how much of our effort over at UberFix should concentrate on fixing bugs on this list. It also seems that UberFix has fixed a few of these issues already, is there some way we can share them with GPG to move things any faster?

April 26, 2010 10:54:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wouldn't mind just an update that added the Uberfix. People wouldn't even notice the game used the Uberfix as they would just join and that'd help a lot.

April 26, 2010 11:03:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,
I wouldn't mind just an update that added the Uberfix. People wouldn't even notice the game used the Uberfix as they would just join and that'd help a lot.

The UberFix would need to be checked over first of course to make sure we haven't broken anything in our (mostly their I suppose, I'm the new guy ) amatuer (not getting paid, so hardly professional ) hacking. This shouldn't take too long though I'd assume to go through the diff of the UberFix to their files and check over any implications that are caused by the changes made.

Heck if they could just open up one developer whom we could email about things to speed up our own fixes that would be amazing, even if we only got a response once a week or something just some help understanding some things like what FollowThrough time does for example. It's hard for us to diagnose problems because we are never sure what is intentional and what is just a bug.

April 26, 2010 11:08:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, the mod isn't changing anything more then any other mod. It's not like its changing the actual game (I wish they would do so, but if they left it as a mod, it's pretty much just...a mod included on install/update.)

People would still have the choice to use it or not. Not Stardock's or GPG's fault if something goes haywire in a game with the mod.

I'll tell you though, if they did, I'm NOT looking forward to the ANGRY forum posts from people seeing 'UPDATE AVAILABLE' and assuming Demigod was getting patched and finding out it was just a mod added, lol.

April 26, 2010 11:12:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh I misunderstood what you wanted them to do. Including a fan made mod doesn't really seem like something they'd do, I do think it'd be smart for them to at least merge in the changes made thus far in UberFix because they've done some amazing work and it doesn't really require any effort on GPG's part to merge them in, in comparison to the hours and hours spent by fans to fix the game. I think it's the least they can do for the fans this dedicated is to merge in their changes if you are incapable or unwilling to fix them yourselves.

April 26, 2010 1:25:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you cant just go and merge in a mods without checking if it breaks anything. so even a slight codechange means a certain amount of testing.

oh and btw. the game crashes all the time in the lobby. please add that to the TOP of your list.

April 26, 2010 1:42:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Having a mod in the mods folder wouldn't break anything. Hell, they all start disabled.

April 26, 2010 7:46:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,
Having a mod in the mods folder wouldn't break anything. Hell, they all start disabled.

It's not really that simple, if they are going to officially support a fan mod, which is what they'd be doing, they'd have to ensure that the mod didn't ruin the game experience before releasing it to the public.

Kind of ironic though since they have their own bugs ruining the game experience

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000282   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.