The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Our Demigod task list

By on April 8, 2010 1:29:13 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478
Category Description

Animation Oak's shield effect is not visible on Oculus.
Animation Oculus sometimes gets stuck in looping damage animation when at low HP.
Animation Oculus's autoattack animations do not loop/transition smoothly.
Animation Oculus's Ball Lightnings attack animation sometimes sticks with permanent bolt from minion to target.
Animation Oculus's Chain Lightning effect sticks until his or target's death if target teleports during cast.
Animation Oculus's Lightning Blast visual effect appears on the ally who inflicts it, rather than the affected target.
Animation Queen of Thorns root attack animation sticks through bottom of map.
Audio Sedna's low quality Silence effect cause game sound to mute.
Map Minion pathing issues on Prison map.
Map Towers do not appear on Forces of Darkness side until War Rank 4.
Mechanics Ability commands do not properly override current command queue. (#8)
Mechanics Demon Assassin stops and stands after using Warp Strike (similar issues reported with Rook in eSupport).
Mechanics Rook won't Auto-attack after using an ability unless he moves first.
Mechanics Dropping HP/MP buff items reduces current HP/MP by buff amount, regardless of current amount.
Mechanics Erebus can commit suicide by own Poison Blood potion, earning kill bounty (exploit/unintended?).
Mechanics Erebus's Mist ability sometimes fails to deactivate upon exhausting all MP.
Mechanics Heart of Life/Wings of Seraphim effect stops when player receives healing (negative damage).
Mechanics Minion HP buff items only increase max, not initial HP on spawn.
Mechanics Oculus cannot auto-attack units directly under himself.
Mechanics Oculus sometimes becomes unresponsive after using Blast Off.
Mechanics Oculus's Ball Lightnings can spawn in non-traversable map areas.
Mechanics Oculus's Ball Lightnings do not benefit from minion HP buff items.
Mechanics Oculus's Brain Storm has no visual effect without Mental Agility, does not remove debuffs as per tooltip.
Mechanics Oculus's Electrocution does not stop regeneration as per tooltip.
Mechanics Player Queen of Thorns changes targets without user input while auto-attacking.
Mechanics Players can loot kill-drop potions from long range under certain circumstances. (#21)
Mechanics Sedna's Silence debuff never expires under certain circumstances.
Mechanics Shamblers stop short of max attack range when ordered to attack structures.
Mechanics Sludge Slinger fails without feedback if player is not both in range and facing target.
Mechanics Torchbearer's Fireball stops short of target and moves very slowly under certain circumstances.
Mechanics Unclean Beast Plague debuff prevents Post Mortem effect on kills.
Mechanics Using items or abilities while moving causes demigod to stop and begin auto-attacking nearby units.
Other Achievements which span multiple matches do not record progress correctly.
Other Desync or match end midway through replay (did not occur in actual match).
Other Game results include players who joined and left prior to game start.
Other In-game elapsed time does not match grace period for no stats reporting.
Other Oculus moves very slowly when selected with Ball Lightnings.
Other Ping times spike randomly for some users.
Other Ventrilo may cause crashing during load screen.
Other "Unable to create Direct3D", solved by manually changing resolution in the game.prefs (or just deleting it)
UI Demigod selection list in single tournament and achievements screens have no scrollbars.
UI Health bar scaling varies with zoom level.
UI Join/Part messages in lobby use host's localization rather than local user's.
UI Minion summoning buttons vanish/break under certain circumstances when selling Monk idols.
UI Replay interface does not update correctly on watched player death/changing watched player.
UI Rollover Data Error on tooltip of flags while being captured by enemy team in fog of war.
UI War Score display at citadel shows average of both sides, rather than owner's own score.
UI Weapon stats do not update when modal demigods change forms. (#22)
UI Mouse cursor sticking, may be related to DPI settings. (unconfirmed)

These are the items on our list that we???re working with GPG with to address.

Locked Post 126 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 11, 2010 11:49:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Astrobia,

that list? Use the key "e" to rotate the camera.
Interesting to know but I'm not sure that much of an imrpovement over the space bar and it certainly doesn't let me bind rotation control to the middle mouse button like I'm used to from Every... Other... Game.
Yea well some of use are use to using the Q and E key; so we are leaving it that way.

April 11, 2010 12:04:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,

Quoting GM-morpheas768, reply 43What about a big fork?
I'd totally play the ForkBearer

LMAO

Quoting synnworld,

Actually being a game design student you would be surprised how many other students not only torrent games but know how to crack them and will emit it. Many games they torrent are old games like FF1- 8, or the oreiginal dragon quet; while they still buy new games that come out or search online for newer games.

What does that have to do with anything I said?

April 11, 2010 12:13:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have only noticed the Invalid game state when playing in games where the host is from somewhere other than the US.

April 11, 2010 1:37:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd like to see a handicap game option. Where if the option is choosen then a new player or one with low stats would not be penalised as much for dying (in gold and time recuperating) as someone with high stats and high win percentage. It might make finding a balenced game easier. I know this would be open for exploitaiton, but having it as an option would be nice. Also, it  would make it easier for new players to get a game.

April 11, 2010 2:08:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting GM-morpheas768,

Quoting Teseer, reply 50
Quoting GM-morpheas768, reply 43What about a big fork?
I'd totally play the ForkBearer
LMAO

Quoting synnworld, reply 47
Actually being a game design student you would be surprised how many other students not only torrent games but know how to crack them and will emit it. Many games they torrent are old games like FF1- 8, or the oreiginal dragon quet; while they still buy new games that come out or search online for newer games.
What does that have to do with anything I said?

missread the post shesh

April 11, 2010 3:39:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just exactly how long will it take for these to get finished? just wondering..

April 11, 2010 5:35:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thanks for your information. i miss the lobby crashing bug on the list. imo its far more important than some other entries on that list.

April 11, 2010 11:12:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,
Oh Frogboy, you kidder you.  We all know that Demigod is dead and that you're not actually working on anything, just read the forums! [/sarcasm]

Thanks for putting this together, it's greatly appreciated.

Frogboy still cares about fixing Demigod!  Yay!  Can't wait for these fixes!

On a totally unrelated issue, have you guys ever heard about "players" mass texting the chicks they slept with so there are no hard feelings... or rape charges?

"Hey baby (or sweetie, or any other generic term of endearment), I been thinking about you.  Sorry I didn't get back to you... been really busy!  We should get together real soon though."

April 12, 2010 3:47:16 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting synnworld,
Yea well some of use are use to using the Q and E key; so we are leaving it that way.

Well isn't that nice for you. Don't you think the "option" would be nice for the rest of us?

April 12, 2010 6:39:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Thundercles,

On a totally unrelated issue, have you guys ever heard about "players" mass texting the chicks they slept with so there are no hard feelings... or rape charges?

"Hey baby (or sweetie, or any other generic term of endearment), I been thinking about you.  Sorry I didn't get back to you... been really busy!  We should get together real soon though."

LMAO I really hope you're not right though.

Yeah, that moonwalk DA does is pretty annoying but has anyone noticed a bug where you stop autoattacking/damaging Oculus or is it only because shield doesn't appear on him?

April 12, 2010 8:24:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Astrobia,

synnworldcomment 51Yea well some of use are use to using the Q and E key; so we are leaving it that way.
Well isn't that nice for you. Don't you think the "option" would be nice for the rest of us?

You mean the option to configure the controls? You can change the Q and E keys to whatever you want.

April 12, 2010 2:09:19 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting GM-morpheas768,
Astrobiareply 59synnworldcomment 51Yea well some of use are use to using the Q and E key; so we are leaving it that way.Well isn't that nice for you. Don't you think the "option" would be nice for the rest of us?You mean the option to configure the controls? You can change the Q and E keys to whatever you want.

You are mistaken sir. Go ahead and try it. All of the camera control keys are fixed and cannot be rebound. Which is hugely anoying. Combined with the camera death spin it's a total immersion braker as I have to stop look down at the keyboard (which I otherwise don't bother using very much) and find the camera controls on it.

Not an ideal design decision.

April 12, 2010 2:42:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yay!

April 12, 2010 2:54:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice to see a new update in the works.  I'll have to get back to playing.  It would be really nice if GPG/Stardock could spin off a couple of 6-player, Cataract-size maps from a couple of the existing, less popular large maps (say, Brothers or Mandala). 

April 12, 2010 4:49:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Astrobia,

You are mistaken sir. Go ahead and try it. All of the camera control keys are fixed and cannot be rebound. Which is hugely anoying. Combined with the camera death spin it's a total immersion braker as I have to stop look down at the keyboard (which I otherwise don't bother using very much) and find the camera controls on it.

Not an ideal design decision.

For me, the Q and E keys were extremely helpful for rotating the camera. However, if you dont like this setting, you can change them from the Game.prefs file, located in: My Documents\My Games\Demigod\"your username"\Game.prefs

You can open this file with notepad, or any other text viewing program. Search carefully, and you will find all the keys there, I never changed the Q and E, but you should be able to do it.

April 12, 2010 5:32:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Thundercles,

Quoting ZehDon,
reply 7
Oh Frogboy, you kidder you.  We all know that Demigod is dead and that you're not actually working on anything, just read the forums! [/sarcasm]

Thanks for putting this together, it's greatly appreciated.

Frogboy still cares about fixing Demigod!  Yay!  Can't wait for these fixes!

Terrific and subtle irony, gotta love it, you rock Thunder . In my case, the "chick" in me tells me we aren't actually "getting together" with SD/GPG in a loooooooooong time, no matter how hard they promise to ...

On the bug list, there's a glaring omission: enemy creeps getting killed or damaged by Unclean Beast Post Mortem skill don't give proper XP/Gold, the main reason why good players dont skill Post-Mortem ever or only at very late game stage.

April 12, 2010 6:14:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For me, the Q and E keys were extremely helpful for rotating the camera.

Use the space bar you heathens! 

April 12, 2010 6:17:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Splitshadow,

Yeah scrubs.

April 12, 2010 6:17:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Splitshadow,

I never liked the space bar, cause it spans the camera up and down, and it was messing with my perfect view

All I wanted was adjustment left and right, and thats what these 2 buttons are for.

But, you're right, the spacebar allows for a more customized and more "free" camera.

April 13, 2010 7:29:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demigod has THE BEST camera controls of any game I have ever played. If you want to zoom in and inspect the constellations in the sky, you can do so. If you want a close up of rook's left foot, you can just knock yourself out

April 13, 2010 3:22:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Splitshadow,
Demigod has THE BEST camera controls of any game I have ever played. If you want to zoom in and inspect the constellations in the sky, you can do so. If you want a close up of rook's left foot, you can just knock yourself out

Agreed!

April 13, 2010 11:03:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting GM-morpheas768,
Astrobiareply 62You are mistaken sir. Go ahead and try it. All of the camera control keys are fixed and cannot be rebound. Which is hugely anoying. Combined with the camera death spin it's a total immersion braker as I have to stop look down at the keyboard (which I otherwise don't bother using very much) and find the camera controls on it.Not an ideal design decision.For me, the Q and E keys were extremely helpful for rotating the camera. However, if you dont like this setting, you can change them from the Game.prefs file, located in: My Documents\My Games\Demigod\"your username"\Game.prefsYou can open this file with notepad, or any other text viewing program. Search carefully, and you will find all the keys there, I never changed the Q and E, but you should be able to do it.

Yes I examined that possibily once before. But still couldn't figure what the correct input for free camera bound to mouse button 3 was. But it's beside the point. There no reason for those key binding to be locked in the in game options menu.

Also stardock, are you aware of the bug that the narrator only makes the announcement "The forces of light/darkness control the map" When the team mention loses a flag (As opposed to when the capture one which would make more sense)?

April 14, 2010 12:58:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also stardock, are you aware of the bug that the narrator only makes the announcement "The forces of light/darkness control the map" When the team mention loses a flag (As opposed to when the capture one which would make more sense)?

Nice try, but not a bug. Demigod defines map control at 80% of the flags. When you have map control, you gain warscore at twice the normal rate.

April 14, 2010 12:37:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hey eeeh did anyone mention that little lobby bug yet that crashes demigod every second or third time it takes too long to get the match started? you know... the one where after someone joins or leaves or... just without a reason the lobby suddenly hangs and you can only kill the demigod process?

April 14, 2010 2:10:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Uphax,
hey eeeh did anyone mention that little lobby bug yet that crashes demigod every second or third time it takes too long to get the match started? you know... the one where after someone joins or leaves or... just without a reason the lobby suddenly hangs and you can only kill the demigod process?

I hear if you change the map every once in while during the wait for the spots fill up, will lower the chance of lobby crash

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000406   Page Render Time: