The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Our Demigod task list

By on April 8, 2010 1:29:13 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478
Category Description

Animation Oak's shield effect is not visible on Oculus.
Animation Oculus sometimes gets stuck in looping damage animation when at low HP.
Animation Oculus's autoattack animations do not loop/transition smoothly.
Animation Oculus's Ball Lightnings attack animation sometimes sticks with permanent bolt from minion to target.
Animation Oculus's Chain Lightning effect sticks until his or target's death if target teleports during cast.
Animation Oculus's Lightning Blast visual effect appears on the ally who inflicts it, rather than the affected target.
Animation Queen of Thorns root attack animation sticks through bottom of map.
Audio Sedna's low quality Silence effect cause game sound to mute.
Map Minion pathing issues on Prison map.
Map Towers do not appear on Forces of Darkness side until War Rank 4.
Mechanics Ability commands do not properly override current command queue. (#8)
Mechanics Demon Assassin stops and stands after using Warp Strike (similar issues reported with Rook in eSupport).
Mechanics Rook won't Auto-attack after using an ability unless he moves first.
Mechanics Dropping HP/MP buff items reduces current HP/MP by buff amount, regardless of current amount.
Mechanics Erebus can commit suicide by own Poison Blood potion, earning kill bounty (exploit/unintended?).
Mechanics Erebus's Mist ability sometimes fails to deactivate upon exhausting all MP.
Mechanics Heart of Life/Wings of Seraphim effect stops when player receives healing (negative damage).
Mechanics Minion HP buff items only increase max, not initial HP on spawn.
Mechanics Oculus cannot auto-attack units directly under himself.
Mechanics Oculus sometimes becomes unresponsive after using Blast Off.
Mechanics Oculus's Ball Lightnings can spawn in non-traversable map areas.
Mechanics Oculus's Ball Lightnings do not benefit from minion HP buff items.
Mechanics Oculus's Brain Storm has no visual effect without Mental Agility, does not remove debuffs as per tooltip.
Mechanics Oculus's Electrocution does not stop regeneration as per tooltip.
Mechanics Player Queen of Thorns changes targets without user input while auto-attacking.
Mechanics Players can loot kill-drop potions from long range under certain circumstances. (#21)
Mechanics Sedna's Silence debuff never expires under certain circumstances.
Mechanics Shamblers stop short of max attack range when ordered to attack structures.
Mechanics Sludge Slinger fails without feedback if player is not both in range and facing target.
Mechanics Torchbearer's Fireball stops short of target and moves very slowly under certain circumstances.
Mechanics Unclean Beast Plague debuff prevents Post Mortem effect on kills.
Mechanics Using items or abilities while moving causes demigod to stop and begin auto-attacking nearby units.
Other Achievements which span multiple matches do not record progress correctly.
Other Desync or match end midway through replay (did not occur in actual match).
Other Game results include players who joined and left prior to game start.
Other In-game elapsed time does not match grace period for no stats reporting.
Other Oculus moves very slowly when selected with Ball Lightnings.
Other Ping times spike randomly for some users.
Other Ventrilo may cause crashing during load screen.
Other "Unable to create Direct3D", solved by manually changing resolution in the game.prefs (or just deleting it)
UI Demigod selection list in single tournament and achievements screens have no scrollbars.
UI Health bar scaling varies with zoom level.
UI Join/Part messages in lobby use host's localization rather than local user's.
UI Minion summoning buttons vanish/break under certain circumstances when selling Monk idols.
UI Replay interface does not update correctly on watched player death/changing watched player.
UI Rollover Data Error on tooltip of flags while being captured by enemy team in fog of war.
UI War Score display at citadel shows average of both sides, rather than owner's own score.
UI Weapon stats do not update when modal demigods change forms. (#22)
UI Mouse cursor sticking, may be related to DPI settings. (unconfirmed)

These are the items on our list that we???re working with GPG with to address.

Locked Post 126 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 9, 2010 7:25:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know hoping for proper matchmaking and banning features is too much to ask, it requires proper programing and from what it seems you guys to fix some typos in LUA script and add some missing (1 or 2) animations and call it a day, Well thanks for that anyway.

But can you tell if anything is done about Victory screen exploit? This one is too obvius to easily done to be just forgoten. It really needs to be addressed because amount of people using it is shattering. Not to mention it rendes the ranking system completly useless.

PS. You dont think that demigod requires those features? Beacause i personally cant think of any other game which can use it more....

April 9, 2010 7:41:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting NeVeR-FuCKWiT-aOaK,
I remember last time it happened:

3v3, We were on light side, one guy on dark side timed out, we had one enemy portal locked so I went to lock the other side when I get there my teammate start screaming that I should not cap it coz it will trigger invalid state. He did it bit late coz the flags already turned and then invalid state apeared.

Hope you guys did some proper testing with international players not just 1 or 2 lan games in your office network.

PS. game dosnt apear in my stats I cant tell you name of the guy who warned me.

So so sad, really Do people still think that this is a bug in the game? Wake up people! Exploiters/Bad losers, who dont want to take a loss recorded in their stats, do this, and hedgie explained it perfectly:

Quoting awuffleablehedgie,

Edit: To be clear, the desync caused the flag cap is exploiting a flaw in the P2P system that occurs when a major event happens. This includes when a certain side hits a given warrank, or when a side caps the majority of the flags (basically, whenever the God-Announcer says something in an epic voice).

What happens, is the hacker introduces bad information into the program. When the announcer triggers, it "stumbles" on this bad info and causes a mismatch between the different players. This results in a desync. It makes sense that people would do this when they have lost complete map control because that typically means you're going to lose. Hence why the community (incorrectly) thinks that it's the games fault since it happens so "reliably".

An old friend of mine from Demigod, told me the other day (we were playing LoL together), that there are many russians (he is russian too), who dont have a legal copy of Demigod, no license, and they can play Demigod like any other person who has bought the game. Now I dont know if that can be true, and he has a legal copy himself, so he cant be 100% sure about this, but some of his fellow russians told him that, and I dont see why someone would lie about this.

If someone of you had a legal game, that you would playing online, would you tell anybody its pirated? I dont think so.

Anyway, this explains a lot, like for example, why most Invalid errors happen when you are playing with people that have a different language version other than english of Demigod. I assume it has something to do with the language files, or the strings that call these files, which if you dont have the exploiter's language version of Demigod, your game will try to call for non-existent files, and thus causing an Invalid error.

Its either what I said, or hedgie's story, or a combination of both.

April 9, 2010 8:15:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

there is 3 guys that i know of that running no so original copy and still plays fine.

About that audio file you might be right about this one. Seems very possible.

Still dont think that someone exploited, most likely it is bugged and im very sure we had more then 2 diffrent language version players in the game.

April 9, 2010 8:44:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

there is 3 guys that i know of that running no so original copy and still plays fine.

About that audio file you might be right about this one. Seems very possible.

Still dont think that someone exploited, most likely it is bugged and im very sure we had more then 2 diffrent language version players in the game.

You dont get it, do you? I have played over 2000 games in Demigod. In 50% of the games that the light team (either I was light or dark, whatever) controlled the map, the announcer would say many times "The Forces of light control the map" and then the Invalid error would appear. But the other 50% of the games, the light team controlled the map, nothing would happen. No errors, game would finish normally and everyone would be happy (or so to speak).

IF it is indeed a bug in the game, then why doesnt it happen EVERY time the light team controls the map?

April 9, 2010 8:50:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

3v3, We were on light side, one guy on dark side timed out, we had one enemy portal locked so I went to lock the other side when I get there my teammate start screaming that I should not cap it coz it will trigger invalid state. He did it bit late coz the flags already turned and then invalid state apeared.

I've done testing on this as well.  I don't believe the specific exploit you've described exists.  Its an exploit, to be sure, but its not caused by full flag control.  In all probability, someone manually triggered one of the more rudimentary forms of the invalid game state exploit that appears to occur right around the time that an event occurs (a death, the citadel falls, a flag changing hands, etc). I'm also aware that Sorian did some testing on this as well and could find no evidence of a bug. 

So, obviously the issue where invalid game state can be triggered by users is an issue, but if you could solve that, I'm pretty confident your flag control crash will vanish for good as well. 

eh last time I saw it was in a private 4v4 shortly after pacov dc'd. There was no point for a rage quit, it was barely 5 min into the game and everything was completely even. Although it's certainly possible someone did it on purpose after his dc to make the game not count for everyone.

Its interesting that the game you are referring to caused an invalid game state.  I had a hard crash to desktop that I think was related to some settings on my router.  I debugged the crap out of everything at that point and now have settings that are extremely stable, but I'm pretty confident that all of my issues were directly from a single router setting (I actually had a crash rate of about 50-60% for a week... it was pretty obnoxious for me and everyone I played with).  It makes sense that even that could trigger an invalid game state as I'd wager I would have had some invalid hash checks from individuals which would unintentionally trigger the error (and apparently cause dg to crash). 

April 9, 2010 8:58:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The thing is, that this is purely an Exploit/Hack, and has nothing to do with the game, since it is NOT a bug. So in order to fix it, they simply have to make the game unable to desync, or find a way to make the game unexploitable, rendering all hackers unable to force desyncs.

April 9, 2010 9:04:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting GM-morpheas768,
The thing is, that this is purely an Exploit/Hack, and has nothing to do with the game, since it is NOT a bug. So in order to fix it, they simply have to make the game unable to desync, or find a way to make the game unexploitable, rendering all hackers unable to force desyncs.

"simply" make the game unable to desync and make it unexploitable?

I'm looking forward to your game, morpheus. 

April 9, 2010 9:09:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wonder if player dropping has something to do with it. It both rawr and mine example someone dropped, flags get captured and invalid state apears.

Yes i know you can trigger desync, but I also belive that mentioned above bug exist.

April 9, 2010 9:09:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting awuffleablehedgie,

Quoting GM-morpheas768, reply 31The thing is, that this is purely an Exploit/Hack, and has nothing to do with the game, since it is NOT a bug. So in order to fix it, they simply have to make the game unable to desync, or find a way to make the game unexploitable, rendering all hackers unable to force desyncs.

Ha ha yeah, the simply was ironic, in case you didnt notice. Was my sarcasm undetected?

April 9, 2010 9:13:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol me too. Reality is it wont happend.

Thats why we need to ban people who exploit this game, so they think twice before doing it

and by all means not account ban but mac address and ip ban should be enforced.

April 9, 2010 9:17:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol me too. Reality is it wont happend.

Thats why we need to ban people who exploit this game, so they think twice before doing it

and by all means not account ban but mac address and ip ban should be enforced.

Yeah account bans are useless. One can buy a new account with 75% off (5 dollars).

April 9, 2010 10:06:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting GM-morpheas768,

Quoting awuffleablehedgie, reply 32
Quoting GM-morpheas768, reply 31The thing is, that this is purely an Exploit/Hack, and has nothing to do with the game, since it is NOT a bug. So in order to fix it, they simply have to make the game unable to desync, or find a way to make the game unexploitable, rendering all hackers unable to force desyncs.

Ha ha yeah, the simply was ironic, in case you didnt notice. Was my sarcasm undetected?
Sarcasm, what does that taste like?

April 10, 2010 1:47:48 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

How muhc money do I have to send the developers to have:

"Camera: Disable (or add option to disable) camera spin on death."

and

"Camera: Add option to bind free camera to something other then the space bar"

added to that list?

April 10, 2010 1:57:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Astrobia,
How muhc money do I have to send the developers to have:

"Camera: Disable (or add option to disable) camera spin on death."

and

"Camera: Add option to bind free camera to something other then the space bar"

added to that list?

Use the key "e" to rotate the camera.

April 10, 2010 2:20:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah account bans are useless. One can buy a new account with 75% off (5 dollars).

Well, there is useless and there is knowing that there are actually consequences for being a shite.  At this point there really aren't any consequences. 

April 10, 2010 10:27:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think they just dont want to start a witch-hunt for exploiters

April 10, 2010 10:28:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I got my torch ready

April 10, 2010 10:35:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What about a big fork?

April 10, 2010 12:22:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Kool Im excited to see that those problem liste are finally going to be adressed 

Another thing could go on the animation(fix) too. The Demon Assassin is kinda "moon dancing" when hes walking. This could be tweaked a little imo.

And for this :  Mouse cursor sticking, may be related to DPI settings. (unconfirmed)    I confirm its the DPI setting.  It happen with SUPCOM2. Setting DPI to normal fix the cursor. A DPI of 125% in windows 7 still work ok. but not higher.

April 10, 2010 2:21:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Glad to see the support, but many of these bugs have been around since launch nearly a year ago...

The community for this game has tapered off quite a bit, it may be time just start developing Demigod 2 and start fresh again.

April 11, 2010 11:30:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey thanks for these bug fixes, but how about balancing this game a bit more?

It's not a big list, but it would make me and a lot of other players return to the competetive scene.

Ie nerf UB, monks, health stacking and buff the squishies.

April 11, 2010 11:39:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting GM-morpheas768,

If someone of you had a legal game, that you would playing online, would you tell anybody its pirated? I dont think so.

Actually being a game design student you would be surprised how many other students not only torrent games but know how to crack them and will emit it. Many games they torrent are old games like FF1- 8, or the oreiginal dragon quet; while they still buy new games that come out or search online for newer games.

April 11, 2010 11:40:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Make queen beat all the pawns!

April 11, 2010 11:45:29 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

that list? Use the key "e" to rotate the camera.

Interesting to know but I'm not sure that much of an imrpovement over the space bar and it certainly doesn't let me bind rotation control to the middle mouse button like I'm used to from Every... Other... Game.

April 11, 2010 11:48:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting GM-morpheas768,
What about a big fork?

I'd totally play the ForkBearer

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time: