The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Hey Stardock, did you turn off 5v5?

By on April 4, 2010 11:49:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

See title.  What gives?

+118 Karma | 20 Replies
April 5, 2010 12:00:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

More details - I have not been able to host and launch a single 5v5 game in > 2 days.  All of the connections show up as good, but I click launch and the game never starts... we just stay in the lobby.  I've even waited 2 minutes after all were readied and connections were good and the game did not launch.  This is a new occurence for me.  In the past, I have always been able to get games going in 5v5.

April 5, 2010 12:40:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
More details - I have not been able to host and launch a single 5v5 game in > 2 days.  All of the connections show up as good, but I click launch and the game never starts... we just stay in the lobby.  I've even waited 2 minutes after all were readied and connections were good and the game did not launch.  This is a new occurence for me.  In the past, I have always been able to get games going in 5v5.

BAHAHAH I TOLD YOU.

April 5, 2010 12:44:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maybe... if it is on their side, I have no idea why'd they'd do it. 

April 5, 2010 2:24:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maybe the server capacity required jumps exponentially and they are trying to switch resources over to Elemental? 

It's sorta sad that at a point when you can actually get reliably good 5v5 through Lagwars they turn it off, if that is what happened and it isn't, say, a completely new bug...

April 5, 2010 7:28:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hmm... tech support forum move time, kes?   I think they still monitor that.  Not alot of activity from mods in MP forum in my experience. 

April 5, 2010 7:36:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hmm... tech support forum move time, kes? I think they still monitor that. Not alot of activity from mods in MP forum in my experience.

Or you could put it in off topic with a blantantly racist title... they might actually read it before locking it too!

April 6, 2010 11:19:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey Stardock, did you turn off 5v5?

Pantheon won't attempt to do 5v5, but the only limit on custom games are players with bad connections and such, as ever.

April 6, 2010 1:07:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

kryo, thanks for catching this. 

If your side hasn't changed anything then I'm not sure what's happening. 

We aren't getting bad or endless connection dialogue, all players can connect to each other, all pings are acceptable, we aren't looking at NAT or Proxy conns, and we are able to get games with all of these players with any number less than 5v5. 

5v5 isn't working.  It looks like the ingame lobby launch button has been disabled for 10 player games.  Please advise.   

April 6, 2010 1:26:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

While a quick test lobby didn't get enough interested people for a 5v5, mamcho joined and commented that he's been playing 5v5 just recently without any issue. If that's so then it would seem to be something particular to certain players.

April 6, 2010 2:46:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hmm, well, I guess we'll have to test some more

Thanks for checking it out

April 6, 2010 2:52:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

MAMCHO

The End.

April 6, 2010 5:32:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting kryo,
While a quick test lobby didn't get enough interested people for a 5v5, mamcho joined and commented that he's been playing 5v5 just recently without any issue. If that's so then it would seem to be something particular to certain players.

hmm... well, I'm be checking all of my port forwarding, etc, again.

That said, I looked at the last 200 or so games mamcho has been in.  0 of those games had 10 people in them.  So...

April 6, 2010 5:57:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

perhaps mamcho did a 5vs5 in single player lol

April 6, 2010 6:28:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That said, I looked at the last 200 or so games mamcho has been in. 0 of those games had 10 people in them. So...

I didn't think it something someone would need to lie about to necessitate checking records to confirm reports (sigh), but all the same the word from the top was that nothing's changed on the server end. So I'm not sure what else to say at this point. It's not impossible that it could be some odd and previously unseen lobby bug but I'm not sure why something like that would arise only now when nothing's been changed recently.

April 7, 2010 12:59:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I changed my port forwarding again to match EXACTLY what is required and will do some testing as soon as I can.  I'm not necessarily saying the guy was lying, btw, but I am saying there is no record I saw of him playing a 5v5 game with all humans any time recent.  He probably thought he did at least.  If you can pull a 5v5 test together, please do.  I'll do whatever I can to do the same.  There's aren't alot of 5v5 games occurring in the wild anymore outside of lagwars.  But if you can pull off a test, it definitely means something is wrong on our side and that would be very helpful info to know. 

April 7, 2010 7:46:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There's aren't alot of 5v5 games occurring in the wild anymore

Probably due to overhunting of noobs and global warming.

April 8, 2010 2:07:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok - I ran multiple tests tonight.  For some reason, the maximum number of players that can launch a game is 9 people.  The 2nd we hit 10 people, the game won't launch.  The games I tested were with me as host.  I haven't had any issues hosting 5v5 games outside of the last 3 weeks or so.  I double checked and confirmed that all of my ports are forwarded appropriately.  There doesn't appear to be a problem on my end.  I do not know why 10 is the magic number, but it is.

Here is one of my tests.  I can perform more tests in the future if you provide an appropriate scenario.  9 people join a game.  I launch the game.  It starts.  Same 9 people join a game.  1 additional person joins.  The game doesn't launch.  I randomly kick one of the original 9 players (we have 10 in the lobby now, I kick 1), and the game launches. 

Kryo - is it possible to have someone query the last 2 weeks or so of games and tell us if anyone has had a successful 5v5 game?  I know our community is small, but surely someone other than me in the last 2 weeks has pulled off a 5v5.  And if so, then that means the problem someone lies with us, the gamer and not some weird server side issue.  I think you might have some stats based on the assumption that opengames.asp tracks home many human players are in game.  If you guys are archiving that data, searching for 10 human players should quickly help us determine where the problem might be.

I appreciate any help you can offer and realize the problem may still be with some of the players and not the game. 

April 8, 2010 2:31:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think we should host a 5v5 Demigod tourney

April 8, 2010 10:11:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you guys are archiving that data, searching for 10 human players should quickly help us determine where the problem might be.

I'm not sure that it is, since that's just a snapshot of the lobby listing and isn't directly related to the stats db, but I asked anyway and word is someone will look into it. Meanwhile, if there's anything else you can think of to try with the guys you play with, or if you can find out if one of them had something change on their end in the past two weeks, keep us posted.

April 9, 2010 1:51:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the feedback, kryo.  I went as far to completely reinstall my os, reinstall dg, acquire the latest and or most stable drivers, ensure I have all of the latest updates, install demigod, verify my installation of demigod, follow the monks guide for configuring ports/etc for dg, and even more shite I'm not going to list.  I'm at the point where I can without a doubt rule myself out as the cause.  If I was (I actually built a new computer about a month ago), I'm 100% I'm not now.  So, I'll try to get a 5v5 game asap and we'll see if it kicks off.  We can do some trial and error and see if we can eventually find the maybe 1 person that is keeping us from going 5v5, but I'd appreciate any debugging ideas you might have. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.