The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Each Idol Priest Level has its own CD

because apparently some ancient players don't believe it....

By on April 3, 2010 2:57:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yah so, um...I've been playing with some skilled old school people who don't seem to understand this one...

Say your team has two generals.  Each general has access to idol healers.  Each level of idol healer has a seperate cooldown.

What that means:  If my occulus gives your sedna a cleric, and your sedna gives my occulus a monk, we will each have one cleric and one monk.

And each of us will get a little more than twice as much healing as a result.  This isn't an exploit, it isn't a bug, it's a design feature that has been in the game since forever, and yes, it works. 

That's right kids, you get twice as much healing for about 600g more.

Please don't act like I'm crazy for asking to swap my cleric for your monk, anymore, k?

+118 Karma | 6 Replies
April 3, 2010 3:05:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it's too much micro!

Though Irek and I used to do this. As Erebus, he would get Banded + Scaled Helm, I'd give him a monk early game. First shop, he would get Regen and Clerics, and he would give me a cleric.

April 3, 2010 3:22:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wouldn't really do it, I mean monk priest are already game breaking.

April 3, 2010 3:24:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@ hedgie - exactly, though I tend to get three mana pots instead of the second helm, really lets me spam and it's the same difference early

April 3, 2010 6:08:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Eh I'll usually just encourage different ranks but not actually do the swapping (I micro for the first half of the game then get tired of it >.>).  Still helps out a TON when doing large battles though.

April 6, 2010 2:00:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ke5trel,
@ hedgie - exactly, though I tend to get three mana pots instead of the second helm, really lets me spam and it's the same difference early

Didn't save you from dying anyway ^^;

Eh I'll usually just encourage different ranks but not actually do the swapping (I micro for the first half of the game then get tired of it >.>).  Still helps out a TON when doing large battles though.

Same. Mid-game everyone is porting around too much to make it worth it except for 2v2 games where there is less porting and typically only a single general, not two. Second, monks drop too fast mid-late game and if you don't upgrade them you need both of them to keep them alive for more than 3 seconds. 

April 6, 2010 11:04:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

posted 3 monthes ago.. most of the people know

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.