The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Unable to Select Minions

By on April 2, 2010 5:19:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

dskinner

Join Date 08/2009

I'm trying to get the hang of things, especially the controls.  Supposedly I can use M, N, and O to do various sorts of minion selections.  None of them do anything for me.  The icons on bar seem greyed out, too.  I try to do a rubberband-mouse-select on a group and nothing happens (is anything supposed to happen?).  How in the world do I tell a group of minions to "GO HERE!" or "FOLLOW ME!"...?  Am I not allowed to control minions in single-player...?

Locked Post 5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 2, 2010 7:51:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

First off are you actually trying to control minions, or creep waves? You cannot control a creep wave but you can command  generals special units. It seems like you are trying to control creep waves because general unique minions and idols follow you by default until you give them an order.Secondly Assassins have no minions and can't control anything at all just incase you didn't know.

Controls

I= selects general unique minions only

m= selects all minions

o= regroup on demigod

I'm not sure about these three because I mostly stic with the top three, but

9= select priest

8= select siege

7= select cannon fodder (meaning you just wasted mana when you summoned these.)

April 2, 2010 1:56:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ah.  I see.  (I'm also learning the definitions of things!)  I thought "minions" were all the little soldiers and such, that keep spawning and rushing headlong to death.  So those are just "creep waves," huh?  I was playing as a General, but it seems I had not created any actual minions.  That would be like a "Shambler" for the Queen of Thorns, right?  I gather I have to purchase or earn these minions...?  (Yes, I am very new to this sort of gameplay, being an FPSer, by and large, and there's a lot to learn.. thank goodness for these forums and those guides people have made.)

April 2, 2010 3:50:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Glad to see a noob taking action by reading guides and asking questions!

As you progress, feel free to hop in ventrilo, I'm in there a decent amount under rawr.  There are several good players who are in and out of the vent.  I'd be willing to answer any questions you have.  Most of the games we do are for more experienced players, but questions are always welcomed.  Feel free to share the ventrilo info with people you want to play with as well.  The extra communication offered through voice can be very helpful!

IP: Oxygen.typefrag.com

Port:  50216

no password

If you don't have ventrilo:  Here is where you can download the client (its free): http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php

Here are instructions on how to use ventrilo to connect to a server:  http://www.ventrilo.com/setup.php

April 2, 2010 6:34:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting dskinner,
Ah.  I see.  (I'm also learning the definitions of things!)  I thought "minions" were all the little soldiers and such, that keep spawning and rushing headlong to death.  So those are just "creep waves," huh?  I was playing as a General, but it seems I had not created any actual minions.  That would be like a "Shambler" for the Queen of Thorns, right?  I gather I have to purchase or earn these minions...?  (Yes, I am very new to this sort of gameplay, being an FPSer, by and large, and there's a lot to learn.. thank goodness for these forums and those guides people have made.)

We call them creeps but their actually called reinforcements. They spawn ever 10 seconds and only follow a set path, but may move off that path if they are attacking an enemy unit or demigod. (You cannot control this, this only happens when the enemy unit is in their linear sights.) But will return to the set path once they lose sight of the unit and no other enemy unit is in the vacinity.

Minions; this are units only created by generals; each having their own strengths and weakness.

Queen of thorns' Shamblers: Are ranged units that depend more on quality then quantity, and the max number that can be summoned is 4. Sadly due to a damnbug they can never reach their full potentional, but still can rape demigods if microed right.These are summonable minions, and sadly are not outside towers damage range which would make them epic. They are best utilized as walking potions, suicide bombers, or support dps for a tanking demigod.

Lord Erebus' Night crawler: These are melee demigods that follow quantaty over quality, they most you can have is 10. once you obtain improved aura these little bastards do not have the same bug problem as every other minion. These are summoned by transforming units and minions into his undead hord by beating them over the head continuously with his mace. Yea thanks to twilight real vampires don't bite anymore, but instead beat their victims into a bloody pulp and then licking the blood up.

Sedna's yeti: The are summonable melee minion yeti, as a tip to a noob; never EVER GET THIS SUMMONS!

Occulus' Big Whit....Lighting balls: Occulus really doesn't have minions, but his balls are bigger hen most and they will release a load onto your enemies at level 15, but until then I really can't see their usefulness. Occulus just can't get'em up.  (Sorry, couldn't help myself here.)

Oak's spirits (AkA the citdel rapers): These are speed attackers, their greatest advatange is their ability to get across the map fast, but they can't attack moving targets. But as if that is a problem because the citadel can't run away anyways. They are also good at taking down towers, the ost you can have is 10. They are summoned by allies and enemies dying within range of his banner.

Idols- Idols are summonable minions bought at the shop

Priest: Monks, and bishop are the only ones you really need to bother with. Hell I usually stick with monks as the amount being regen back isn't much of a difference between the 2. These are one of many game breaking items and should be the first thing all generals buy.

Siege: These are long range units, together just imagine having another regmon the field. Higher level ones are great for taking buildingd down single handedly.

Cannon fodder: These are only good for about 5 seconds tower distraction really.

April 4, 2010 12:29:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

RAWRRRR... Thanks for the invite.  I'll keep it in mind.

synnworld... Thanks for the further information.  Very helpful.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000047   Page Render Time: