The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Question] Fixing Poisoned Blood [Solved]

By on March 28, 2010 5:30:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In the current version of Demigods, Lord Erebus's Poisoned Blood Ability doesn't function quite correctly. Specifically, it allows the Lord Erebus to kill teammates and himself, and get credit for it. This allows Erebus to farm himself for gold. This is obviously unintended, so I've been attempting to fix it.

My current attempt seems to resolve these issues. However, there is a side effect. AIs do not pickup and drink the poisoned blood potions anymore. I have no idea why this is. If someone has an answer and/or fix to why this is, that would be great.

I've included a link to a copy of the mod. (Also included is a mod to the basic potion available from the store that will instakill the user. The Death potion does work quite right, it triggers an error, but it doesn't affect things.)

Also, can someone confirm that the health or mana gain from consuming the scroll or potion from a loot drop has variance?

Edit: I played some real games today and paid attention to loot drops. They do have variance in the healing amount.

Edit: With some assistance from Peppe I tracked down the problem. The AI determines if it should go after a potion based upon Blueprints.Buff.Affects[valuetype].add. To fix the initial problem, I had changed the original buff to call a secondary buff which was based on the team of the demigod who picked it up. Due to this, the Affects.Health variable was no longer immediately accessible to the Buff. To fix the problem I added Affects.Health.Add = 0. After that everything seems to work just fine.

+89 Karma | 0 Replies
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000016   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.