The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Pandora

By on March 28, 2010 2:06:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Anybody here use Pandora? I started using it two days ago, and I'm totally loving it. Trying to guess why it chose the songs I feel is half the fun. For those of you who haven't heard of it, it's an internet radio station that suggests songs you might like, and you click yes or no. Its choices become very refined after a while, and it can accurately guess what bands/artists you like, when it seems like there is no way. For instance, I started with CCR, and it found that I like the Beatles, the Who, Journey, and Elton John in only like 25 songs. It almost never plays the same thing twice, which is very nice. If you've never tried it, I'd definitely recommend it.  

PROTIP: Make 2 tabs of Pandora so that you can dodge ads (which appear rarely) and songs you don't like (it only lets you skip 6 per hour.

+29 Karma | 9 Replies
March 30, 2010 12:09:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

it has been my favorite for quite some time already. really really nice!

March 30, 2010 2:10:32 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I've been using it for a few years.  You  can see my stations here: http://www.pandora.com/people/aaron.klenke

March 30, 2010 10:10:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"No, not "that" piano man" - I lol'd

What's up with that "tween" radio station you're connected to lol. Your musical taste is quite diverse.

Here's what my station looks like if anyone's interested. I wish there were a "no live music" feature. It accidentally put some Latin band called "Santana" instead of the band made by Carlos Santana , it kind of screwed up my station for a bit.

May 23, 2010 7:31:31 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hi,

I've been enjoying Pandora since May, 2006.  It has grown exponentially since then!

You can suggest artists for them to review if they aren't 'on the list'!  I've done it several times, and now they show up in my stations regularly.

I recently upped to Win7 Ultimate, and I am going to sign up for PandoraOne, their premier offer, so I can put a Pandora player on my desktop.

I must admit, when I hear a good song or a new (to me) artist, I will gather some more music from them using eMule, and burn a CD or DVD.  I might even make a new Pandora station featuring that artist.

That's the fun of this terrific website.  Their Genome Project examines the qualities of the music, not the artist, band, title, etc., and links it to other similar sounds.  You can 'Thumbs-up' or 'Thumbs-down' any song, and even ban it from your station, or move it to another station you have created.  You can also purchase the song as well!

My musical tastes run mainly in the 'Big Band' genre (I'm old; coming up to 66 next month).

Anyhow, have fun with it!

June 13, 2010 1:57:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Why is it that every time I go to check out these things that the site is only available to people in the USA?. I must be hated by the gods I tell ya

June 13, 2010 2:32:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Floydium,
Why is it that every time I go to check out these things that the site is only available to people in the USA?. I must be hated by the gods I tell ya

Use Last.fm, it's just as good, if not better.

June 14, 2010 2:02:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Funny you should mention that I use it all the time, just for scrobbles though. My thing is that I'm more of a slow change type of guy, I actually have to want to change who I listen to before I will do anything.  Still Last.fm is a good site and it's always nice when things are free.

June 14, 2010 2:08:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Do love me some Pandora!! The only thing I hate is the 40 hrs. per month limit. I feel like I have to limit my Pandora time so I can enjoy a bit all month long. And thats hard for me, I have one station of mine that always plays something I like. Ive yet to skip a song to date from that station. Ah....

June 14, 2010 2:55:46 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Pandora is great.  I use that and slacker on my mobile phone. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.