The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Pirating/emulators, and all that good stuff.

By on March 26, 2010 5:59:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ya, ya; a lot of us yell pirating is wrong (even though some of us are hypocrites who have pirated stuff, you know who you are.) But, is it so wrong to pirate and use emulators for games that are 1. no longer being made or sold, and 2. games for console not even being made anymore?

+42 Karma | 228 Replies
May 6, 2010 9:47:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It sounds like Sega have listened to the complaints of gamers and have used something fairly uninvasive, however as Aractain stated it'll be broken in a matter of hours and the game will be available to be pirated begging the question whats the point?

May 7, 2010 8:09:48 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

In Australia I have the Legal right to make a back up copy of any media I legally own (unless they changed it recently)  - for my own use - etc etc etc...  which is one of the reasons I agree with you.  Companies don't like it...  On DVD movies in Australia -   we get a "it is forbidden for you to copy this disk"  "it is illegal to make illegal copies - or sell, distribute blah blah blah illegal copies"  which means - because of our media laws - they forbid us to copy media but it isn't illegal(but they want to imply it is) - but if it were illegal it would be illegal - and if you sell them - distribute them blah blah they  become illegal.  I notice on my Amazon US disks (i get lots of those as your dvd's are half the price and come out months in advance of Australian disks)  the FBI warning is very different and it's more about  - "it's illegal and these are the fines"  but you can imagine begin brought up in that legal system why DRM seems more draconian that it might otherwise -

If the ACTA treaty works as intended, it will become illegal for you to backup your DVDs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Counterfeiting_Trade_Agreement

May 7, 2010 7:30:42 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

nvm

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108436  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000047   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.