The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

My best game with reg!

By on March 17, 2010 9:48:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A 3vs3 on cata, here are ss:

[url=http://www.xfire.com/profile/spaceinvaderz/screenshots/?view#94056632][/url]

[url=http://www.xfire.com/profile/spaceinvaderz/screenshots/?view#94056615][/url]

here is video:

http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/replays.php?game=51&tab=upcoming&show=details&id=115225

+3 Karma | 32 Replies
March 18, 2010 7:09:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i dont want to spoil anything but its quite usual for a regulus to get these awards. its just the nature of the character.

March 18, 2010 9:17:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

what do you mean?

March 18, 2010 10:48:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was on the receiving end this game and Achilles was on point.  He killed one of my teamates that was 1 second from the fointain, frustrating.  Once you learn how to play reg he is the funnest DG IMO.  His shrapnel mines are deadly when all 6 heros are in a big gankfest.

March 18, 2010 11:08:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

what do you mean?

If you play a decent reg, and have good teamates that kind of performance is expected... (thats what i think hes saying)

Still

Great Job!

March 19, 2010 12:11:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting xXAchillesTGXx,
what do you mean?

thanks exan, and yea i completely agree, he's really fun when you know what you're doing with him

@maccilia: thanks

but he said my awards were unusual, what does that have to do with my teammates being good making my performance expected?

March 19, 2010 2:28:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

but its quite usual for a regulus to get these awards

he said its usual.  Not - UN-usual.  Eg - its normal for a decent reg to get these awards.  If your team won with a reg and the reg didn't get the awards, that would mean the reg (who should get most of the kills), didn't put the most money into the citadel... which usually means the reg didn't do his job.  If its a 3v3 and I have a reg on my team, I am literally counting on that teammate to finish off kills.  If you have a good team with a reg vs a weaker team, it doesn't matter.  But if you have a reg that isn't finishing kills and so so team, you will lose against an ok to decent team. 

Here's a game I just played tonight:  http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/1307279/player/28414/  I have a good/great reg.  We played an all random matchup.  Teams were...

pacov Forces of Light Regulus 175 Won
TrouserSnake69 Forces of Light Oculus 120 Won
Zero-Recon Forces of Light Sedna 105 Won
PeterDumpTruck Forces of Darkness Lord Erebus 70 Lost
nomilarac Forces of Darkness Regulus 55 Lost
Ferman77 Forces of Darkness Sedna 40 Lost

Zero-Recon was a weak sedna on our team - it was random and he got what he got (so no offense zero).... but we are talking yetti sedna on a non minion build bad (with horn of battle no less).  Trouser has at the very least a good oculus.  Pete is his usual solid minion erb.  Nom is not used to reg.  And ferman had a reasonably competent sedna.  Anyway, the bottom line is that trouser and I HAD to carry zero or it would be a loss for sure with him feeding. 

So, I did my part as reg and stayed on top of kills as best I could.  My job was to top off kills and even to protect sedna.  But I bought the appropriate upgrades and kept a snipe ready whenever i could.  Anyhow, here's a replay of that game.  If I was not on top of my shite as reg, it would have been a loss even with nom not knowing all of the nuances of reg. Oh, and sedna bought currency 1 right when it was available, so its not like zero was horrible... just clearly hasn't played much sedna.

Game replays wasn't working, so here is a link to the replay:  http://rapidshare.com/files/365294459/AllRand3-19-2010-REG.DGReplay.html

March 19, 2010 11:26:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ohhh ok i read it wrong my bad..

but did you guys even watch the replay? seems like you're all making assumptions and judging things from the ss. i had most assists by far on my team, and it's not like i was finishing off opponents (as you see both my allies had just 1 assist, while I had 5)

March 24, 2010 11:44:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

but did you guys even watch the replay? seems like you're all making assumptions and judging things from the ss. i had most assists by far on my team, and it's not like i was finishing off opponents (as you see both my allies had just 1 assist, while I had 5)

Nope,

March 25, 2010 12:01:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol yea i thougth so. I didn't mean for you guys to just look at stats and make assumptions, i guess next time i won't show ss.

March 25, 2010 1:21:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting xXAchillesTGXx,
lol yea i thougth so. I didn't mean for you guys to just look at stats and make assumptions, i guess next time i won't show ss.

Its ok to post.  Glad you did.  And I agree, having several assists is a good thing.  I personally don't have a problem with a reg that gets the kills as long as he's buying citadel upgrades for the team.  And some of us do watch replays.  I was just commenting based on what a few people said.

March 25, 2010 1:37:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Stupendous exhibit of archery proficiency young Achilles!

March 25, 2010 2:05:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting GM-McShane87,
Stupendous exhibit of archery proficiency young Achilles!

Hahaha.  Well said, Sir McShane of Rottingham.

March 25, 2010 10:15:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I still say you should have to ask permission of the other two before playing Reg/TB/DA.

March 25, 2010 10:34:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

haha thanks mcshane/pacov, and yes i know some do actually watch replays

@pfizzy: i usually will ask, but if other team has reg and we don't (and we don't have tb/da) either), many times i'll pick him just because he's so fun to play. but if other team doesn't have a tb/da/reg then i probably won't play him and if i do i'll definitely ask my team

March 26, 2010 12:55:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

On a side note, I think you started your own clan.  Glad to see it.  Make a post on the forums if you haven't already and tell us about your clan!

March 26, 2010 1:14:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yes i have thanks, i'll post about the clan tomorrow

March 26, 2010 1:27:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting SOW-AchillesTG,
yes i have thanks, i'll post about the clan tomorrow

Cool - looking forward to reading about it!  If you like, get setup on lagwars.  They provide free vent server hosting and all of the other clans are already on there.  Let me know if you need more info.

March 26, 2010 1:35:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i am set up on lagwars i just don't go on a whole lot, but i've talked to people like ninkiCZ, zen_god, and cowbuttzex on it

March 29, 2010 3:44:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

To be fair, you were against Exchanorite, who still can't figure out a proper item build if it killed him.

March 30, 2010 1:59:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol

March 30, 2010 2:25:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Pfizzyhead,
I still say you should have to ask permission of the other two before playing Reg/TB/DA.

I find Reg to be a fine character as long as you teleport with him.  Many Regs seem to think they're better off hiding on the other side of the map and sniping, but the damage you can deal from porting in then casting mines and mark far outweighs the extra 300 or so damage from a longer distance snipe.  I won a brilliant no noob game the other night that I didn't think would be possible as it was Reg, TB, Sedna vs Erebus, Rook and UB.  The main reason we won is because I ported in to help my teammates like I would with any other character, rather then just sitting back and sniping away.  I think each team had near 15-20 kills so it wasn't a slaughter like this one though.  Just as the citadel went down I made it to 25k for an all fathers ring, I was so upset!  It would've been my first time ever in a legit cataract game.

Here's the game http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/1317849/player/35153/

I can post the replay if anyone cares to see it.

March 30, 2010 12:18:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Please do post it mcshane. I would want to see it, cant watch it until i get my computer back from repair though..

March 31, 2010 8:50:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I tried uploading but it says cannot determine an army for czerpak22, not sure what this means.

April 1, 2010 4:20:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Here's a rapidshare link  http://rapidshare.com/files/370870341/wooReg.DGReplay.html

April 2, 2010 1:26:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok nice

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000469   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.