The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Rise of the Queen.

By on March 10, 2010 3:47:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OMG_blackmage

Join Date 06/2009
+42

I already know what you all are thinking; “Oh, no here comes synn again with another glorification of QoT!” Or, “here he goes again yelling boost QoT.” Well, guess what? You damn sure are right; here are some Ideas I’d like to see done to queen to make her not just more unique, but player friendly.

Note just to get people to stop bitching about it; stop all minions but shamblers from attacking the citadel, lets also stop all assassins from being able to buy creep upgrades.

Entourage: Returned to normal, take tribute break it apart and spread it throughout entourage.

Shambler: Give shamblers the ability to capture flags, but only if the maximum number you can summon is on that flag (to stop people from splitting the shamblers up and dominating the map…yea I’ll do it too if I could!) But the flag capture process is 5x slower than a actual demigod, but the process drops each leave in shamblers.

Level 3 shield: Make it reduce the amount of damage done by 25% for Queen only, but 15% on other demigods. Keep the adsorption rate the same

Level  4: Make it reflect a percentage of damage back onto the attacking demigod(S) of the damage do. Mist does not negate the effect.

Open form: Increase AA range to 17-20, gives armor piercing trait, Increase AA speed and movement speed.

That is all for now and yea no tentacle rape sedna…this time!

Locked Post 27 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 10, 2010 3:51:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ,

I already know what you all are thinking; “Oh, no here comes synn again with another glorification of QoT!” Or, “here he goes again yelling boost QoT.” Well, guess what? You damn sure are right; here are some Ideas I’d like to see done to queen to make her not just more unique, but player friendly.

I laughed. Very hard. lol!

March 10, 2010 4:06:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,

quoting post

I laughed. Very hard. lol!

Hey this is serious! also are you going to be on vent today?

March 10, 2010 4:12:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Iuno. I'm working OT my days off this week. Dunno if I'll get any time to play.

March 10, 2010 4:38:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,
Iuno. I'm working OT my days off this week. Dunno if I'll get any time to play.

I know the feeling, I'll get a bit more playing for a bit, but 3-d modelling is literally taking over.

March 10, 2010 4:44:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lets also stop all assassins from being able to buy creep upgrades.

When was the last time you saw a UB buy a citadel upgrade other than Regen without getting a kill first (if that). Espiecially Currency. Think long and hard.

They need their Narmoth's Ring, y'know?

March 10, 2010 4:59:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting awuffleablehedgie,

lets also stop all assassins from being able to buy creep upgrades.
When was the last time you saw a UB buy a citadel upgrade other than Regen without getting a kill first (if that). Espiecially Currency. Think long and hard.

They need their Narmoth's Ring, y'know?
when was the last time I was in a large vent game?

March 10, 2010 7:24:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you were probably playing with pacov and we all know how he loves to benefit the team.

March 10, 2010 7:41:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I havent played with pacov in ages.

March 11, 2010 2:46:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you gonna think i'm crazy, but queen of thorns is already OP if played right and good team mates !

March 17, 2010 9:08:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zen_God,
you gonna think i'm crazy, but queen of thorns is already OP if played right and good team mates !

She is decent when played right with good teammates, so pass what you are smoking over here!

March 26, 2010 1:10:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,
I havent played with pacov in ages.

hehe... he played with me yesterday and his computer blew up.    Its Dg, so I don't fault him at all

She is decent when played right with good teammates, so pass what you are smoking over here!

and yeah - zen, you need to do all of the math.  She's OP if your team is GREAT and the other team meh.  So is every character, though

March 29, 2010 12:28:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm not trying to pick on anyone, but did I just see synnworld as the LAST ranked player in all of Demigod? (Not that rankings mean a ton, but last is last...)

I don't think that necessarily says as much about him as a player as what an undying commitment to the Queen of Thorns will get you.

Noobs be warned.

March 29, 2010 12:40:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hehe. The guy who is 1/48 is higher up.

March 29, 2010 9:33:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting BadDaddy8,
I'm not trying to pick on anyone, but did I just see synnworld as the LAST ranked player in all of Demigod? (Not that rankings mean a ton, but last is last...)

I don't think that necessarily says as much about him as a player as what an undying commitment to the Queen of Thorns will get you.

Noobs be warned.
And? What ya trying to say I suck a demigod? That's nice and all but who cares?

March 29, 2010 9:34:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting BadDaddy8,

Noobs be warned.

Yep still trying to figure out the ranking system in this game.

March 29, 2010 10:26:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The ranking system for demigod works as follows

(e^(wins - losses) * 0) + random integer between (playersDatabase.length-1) and 0

note the multiplication by 0.

March 29, 2010 10:30:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Splitshadow,
The ranking system for demigod works as follows

(e^(wins - losses) * 0) + random integer between (playersDatabase.length-1) and 0

note the multiplication by 0.
mean it sucks lol.

March 30, 2010 10:26:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No, synn, I really wasn't trying to pick on you.

As I said, I think it shows what happens when someone who obviously plays a lot, and spends a lot of timie thinking about Demigod (as the fact that you post 3-4 times on EVERY forum proves) tries to play QoT 100% of the time. You lose a lot of games.

QoT sucks. She is imbalanced. It is not her fault, or yours. Its SD and GPG.

If the game wasn't dying so quickly it would be a bigger deal.

Did just sign two of my buddies up. Those coupons are the only thing keeping the game alive right now.

March 30, 2010 9:15:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting BadDaddy8,
No, synn, I really wasn't trying to pick on you.

As I said, I think it shows what happens when someone who obviously plays a lot, and spends a lot of timie thinking about Demigod (as the fact that you post 3-4 times on EVERY forum proves) tries to play QoT 100% of the time. You lose a lot of games.

And this is where you are wrong, I am on the forum a alot because I am around comnputers a lot, why? I am a level design student, a 3-D modeling student, more or less programming student (bah I'll leave this to whoever wants it.) I have to learn programs like photo shop, 3-d studio max, maya, modo, lightwave (more or less), hudini ( if I get my hands on a copy for cheap), Inferno (AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AS IF i COULD AFFORD IT, THIS PROGRAM RUNS BETWEEN 900K- TO A MILLION.) Un real tournament 3 editor, half life engine, unity, mudbox,  and then I still have my 2-d work I have to do. This is only one of probably 2 - 3 I can even get onto anymore, which is why I have been on a lot recently, but I don't play demigod as much as I use and playing queen 100% is an exageration. Everyone knows my two demigods are Queen and Torchbearer.

Actually right now I have like a 15 page essay I need to effing do.

March 30, 2010 9:35:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Animation is mega hard. So is programming. People I know think I'm good at them when I'm pretty terrible in reality. I just started learning PHP. It feels so good when you get something right though. Right now it says roll over, but you actually have to click

Lol, showing off is fun

March 30, 2010 9:44:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Splitshadow,
Animation is mega hard. So is programming. People I know think I'm good at them when I'm pretty terrible in reality. I just started learning PHP. It feels so good when you get something right though. Right now it says roll over, but you actually have to click

Lol, showing off is fun
Why don't you show the black peices when I click on them hmmm?

March 30, 2010 10:00:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Do you know how long that would take? I had 3 days to make it.

Plus the black pieces had a blue background around them (I didn't take the photos), and I didn't feel like shooping out the backgrounds and still making them visible against the dark background.

March 30, 2010 10:13:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Do you know how long it takes to make a 10 second cut scene in a game?

March 30, 2010 10:26:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Days? Weeks? I know it's quite a while from my limited experience in animation.

Unless you cheap out and use the in-game graphics engine like a lot of games do. (Which is pretty understandable, most users will just skip the cut scenes anyway unless they're really cool)

March 30, 2010 10:48:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Honestly it all depends on a lot of stuff that I am too lazy to go into right now, but mostly cost.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time: