The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Creating an unspoken regulus rule

By on February 27, 2010 1:52:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm not sure where you stand, but I'm sick... SICK of low skill, regulus players jumping in a game, pulling the old "instantly pick reg and hit ready".  As a joke, sometimes there will be 3 regs already, but some jackass will still do this.  Politely asking for a tougher DG always, always results in "what's wrong with reg?  I'm pretty good with him.. (on high gold, high towers, and the opposition is AFK)".

I'm going to start putting "No REG" in the title of my games, with the idea being that if your other teammates agree, you can pick regulus AFTER asking them and getting full agreement.  Or if your a known "I rock with regulus" player.

REGULUS CAN BE GREAT.  Pre-empting the: What's wrong with regulus?! posts.  Yes, he can be great.  No, I haven't seen the 5 people that are great with him in a game for ages. 

Maybe we can get this going around, which would help out the newer, unsure players. Letting newer players hide from combat by picking and playing a weak regulus is only making them lose more, and they're not learning how the game works.  I would encourage them to pick a tough DG with a simple, easy build, so they can make headway into the game.  Learning HP vs Armor, speed vs traps, stuns, etc. What items are good, which are excessive.

+2 Karma | 67 Replies
March 3, 2010 4:58:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Epiphenomenon,

Queen beats thorns.

Queen beats herself? Wat.
Yea she likes that

March 3, 2010 4:59:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Epiphenomenon,

Queen beats thorns.

ummmm.... I could say something about doing something but I think ill pass on saying anything.

March 3, 2010 5:02:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Cowbuttzex,

Quoting Epiphenomenon,
reply 50

Queen beats thorns.

ummmm.... I could say something about doing something but I think ill pass on saying anything.
Beat ya to it

March 3, 2010 7:09:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rep she really likes usinng the spiky ones in more sadist ways then you can ever imagine.

March 4, 2010 2:02:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No. Regulus fails.

1.UB

2. DocOc/Erebus/Oak

3. Qot/Rook/Sedna

4. TB/DA

5. Reg

March 4, 2010 3:35:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lifekatana,
No. Regulus fails.

1.UB

2. DocOc/Erebus/Oak

3. Qot/Rook/Sedna

4. TB/DA

5. Reg

6. lifekatana

March 4, 2010 7:14:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lifekatana,
No. Regulus fails.

1.UB

2. DocOc/Erebus/Oak

3. Qot/Rook/Sedna

4. TB/DA

5. Reg

Bullshit! With a lvl4 mines Reg is the best supporter (even better than Sedna) in close-to-close combat: area damage and slowing from mines in the middle of melee will let the enemy suffer, while the team in form of UB or Oak finish them off! If they manage to flee, mark of betrayer combined with a good snipe give them the rest!

Just a matter of teamplay! No QoT or Sedna can do this in this exiting way !

March 4, 2010 7:13:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That was funny.

March 4, 2010 8:13:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No. Regulus fails.

1.UB

2. DocOc/Erebus/Oak

3. Qot/Rook/Sedna

4. TB/DA

5. Reg

6. lifekatana

/quote

Uhm what are you so mad about hedgie? We never actually played(maybe 1 or two games somewhere) and you also claimed my Oak builds sucked "because you lost against Pacov" who played with three tier I's.

March 4, 2010 8:53:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting GeneralGonzo,

Quoting lifekatana, reply 55No. Regulus fails.

1.UB

2. DocOc/Erebus/Oak

3. Qot/Rook/Sedna

4. TB/DA

5. Reg

Bullshit! With a lvl4 mines Reg is the best supporter (even better than Sedna) in close-to-close combat: area damage and slowing from mines in the middle of melee will let the enemy suffer, while the team in form of UB or Oak finish them off! If they manage to flee, mark of betrayer combined with a good snipe give them the rest!

Just a matter of teamplay! No QoT or Sedna can do this in this exiting way !

what I find amazing is how 99.9% of the time, most reg usually just spam snipe and mines, and no one seems to care. But, I have heard several people bitch about queen spamming shield.

March 4, 2010 9:28:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I guess it is the way "hoW2 to spam snipe and mines. If you only use mines to kill creeps instead of supporting your teammates on a lane to fend off the enemy or snipe if not needed (i.e. if the enemy is not in melee with your mates or retreating), then you are right, beacuse noone cares.

But: if both skills are used wisely, they are deadly !

March 4, 2010 10:45:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No seriously reg is just really really bad.

He has absolutely shitty stats: no health and nowhere near enough auto damage. This mean that in straight combat his auto attack is so weak he will lose(or his team) pretty much every fight. His mines are pretty good but it can't really make him competetive. Snipe makes him very dangerous on larger maps with bigger teams, since he can get kills easily and support from afar, but even if he gets a lot of kills the other demigods still easily beat him. 

March 4, 2010 4:47:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lifekatana,

He has absolutely shitty stats: no health and nowhere near enough auto damage. This mean that in straight combat his auto attack is so weak he will lose(or his team) pretty much every fight. His mines are pretty good but it can't really make him competetive. Snipe makes him very dangerous on larger maps with bigger teams, since he can get kills easily and support from afar, but even if he gets a lot of kills the other demigods still easily beat him. 

kk you choose whatever you want, and i will choose regulus.

LEts go 1v1 u noob

March 4, 2010 4:53:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Heros_Master,

Quoting lifekatana,
reply 62

kk you choose whatever you want, and i will choose regulus.

LEts go 1v1 u noob
Outcom, queen of thorns!

March 4, 2010 5:09:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Who the hell are all these people saying that reg is good and why don't they know who I am and listen to me?

March 4, 2010 5:34:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

cause your nickname is long

March 4, 2010 5:37:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gm-magnus333,
Who the hell are all these people saying that reg is good and why don't they know who I am and listen to me?
Quoting gm-magnus333,
Quoting gm-magnus333,
Quoting gm-magnus333,
Quoting gm-magnus333,
Quoting gm-magnus333,

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.