The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New Demigod Blackulus (Beta) Needs balancing

By on February 22, 2010 1:09:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

mrappard

Join Date 04/2009
+24

A reskin with new abilities for Regulus. He obviously still has some bugs and need some more abilities but he is playable if you'd like to try him. Any suggestion on abilities and or balancing would be a great help.

http://67.55.41.251/Demigod/Blackulus.zip

Abilities

HeadHunter

Blackulus takes time to set up a devastating headshot, piercing the target for 400, 650, 900, 1200 damage.

Range 15 Cooldown 15

Holy Fury

Channeling his power Blackulus increases the health regenration of target demigod by 100,150,200 for 10 seconds.

Silent Mine

Creates 1,2,3,4 Mana Mine which deal 350 Damage of Mana

Divine Inspiration

Blackulus enters a state of perfect focus resisting damage both to himself and to others 10%, 20%, 30%, 40%

Soul Strike

Blackulus imbues his arrows with the power of silence increasing cooldown of targeted enemies by 20%, 35, 50%.

Tough

Blackulus increasing his health regeneration by 15 30, 45.

Locked Post 18 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 22, 2010 3:29:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

cool will check it out!

February 22, 2010 8:14:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yay forums are working again: post wat i sent to mr rappard:

First of all that is an AWESOME skin!

Found a few bugs

No difference between headhunter 3-4 tooltips

Holy Fury - word: regeneration needs fixing

You may want to remove this from the mine ability, it is a passive attack speed buff from claymores .

AbilityBlueprint {
            Name = 'AchievementMineB',
            AbilityType = 'WeaponProc',
            Icon = '/DGRegulus/NewRegulusStasisMine01',
            WeaponProcChance = 25,
            WeaponProcChanceRanged = 25,
            OnWeaponProc = function(self, unit, target, damageData)
                Buff.ApplyBuff(unit, 'AchievementMineB', unit)
            end,
        }

Hover over before purchasing any skills still shows regs original skill tray (the tooltip itself not the icon - snipe, MOTB and mines. Wings comes up with no tooltip).

Balance - IMO (take it or leave it lol)

Divine inspiration has 2 stacking effects. First level gives 20% resistance according to the tooltips. This is very powerful for lvl 1 skill that costs so little mana (didnt check the code so i could be completely wrong). Really liked the health drain effect but it needs to be more obvious (maybe you could add the ooze effect when health drain kicks in).

Mines: They really need a meta effect (knockback small infantry) to allow blackus to farm because currently all he has is slow single target dps.

Misc:

After being frozen the game does not reload the new skin it stays on the frozen one. Restores to normal after death.

Headhunter misses from melee range (maybe you changed the projectile lifetime?).

No player icon when you press tab.

Hope that helps, Again awesome mod! Groundbreaking hehe

Cheers, exx

February 27, 2010 5:59:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow, mrrappard, that's amazing! I'm going to spend some time figuring out how to balance him. Perhaps one thing I'd like to see is invisibility. There is an invisibility cloak in the lua for it. It should only be for a couple of seconds, imo. 

February 27, 2010 9:15:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Screen cap me! I wanna see a blackulus!

February 27, 2010 1:09:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

February 27, 2010 1:13:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thats sick, lol.

Now we just need shoes tied together strung up on the towers.

February 27, 2010 1:16:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Exxcentric your right I will remove that Buff and change the tool tips as well as add back the proper meshes so the mesh stay. 

Divine inspiration uses a few to many buff so I will probably make some invisible but at level 1 it's just 10% reduction in damage in line with Ooze. It doesn't feel over powered in the game I've played but I think the hp drain it does at the end should be stronger. As for the knock back effect from the mines I'll try it and see what happens.

February 27, 2010 4:39:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

mrappard, if you're wanting to make another tier 1 demigod, here is what I'd suggest. He needs to be able to tank and gank. That's what all tier 1 DGs have in common. He also needs a kiting ability. Here is what I suggest. Remove his snipe ability. The range is too short, and the cast time is too long. Make the "snipe" ability a level 5 and level 10 ability that "shoots" a tower that allies can teleport to. Give it a range of 20/30 yards.

Replace the four slots that originally went to snipe with the "Mark of the Betrayer" animation. It needs to be a kiting direct damage attack. Make it an interrupt that does something like 250/500/750/900 damage. Here's the cool part. If it's cast on an ally, make it heal them for 350/600/850/1000. Give it a range of 15-20 yards. Put it on a cooldown of 7 seconds like Spit, Bite, and Pentinence. This makes the ability sort of like a ranged hybrid of heal and pounce.

Also, he needs to be able to stack health well. It's the name of the game. His HP needs to be along the lines of Oak, UB, or Rook.

Mana mines that cast silence don't seem that helpful. When you need silence, you need it immediately. Having it on a 2 second cast is too long. Also, he needs AoE to handle endgame creeps. His normal mines are perfect for that job. If you want something besides boring old damage mines, add in a stun when the mines go off. The stun needs to be really short, perhaps 1-1.5 seconds. Make it the level 10 ability that adds an AoE stun instead of adding a 4th mine, which is boring.

Also, I would think that an invisibility ability might be an interesting twist. There is an invisibility artifact in the LUA that is disabled. Its duration needs to be really short, perhaps 3/4/5 seconds. Anything longer will be OP. It will add a new ability to the game that will create new dynamics. It is not an OP ability, as two DGs can currently warp in outside of one's line of sight.

Give him a base speed of 6.3. Most tier 1 DGs have it.

Also, make it so that his mines recover mana when using Blade of the Serpent. Regulus' mines don't do that at the moment, and it's very troubling.

With these changes, blackulus will be well on his way to tier 1. I'll post more when I think of it. Blackulus is a very cool demgod, and I love the reskinning. Would it be possible to replace the voice recordings with something new?

EDIT: I have found a bug. If playing blackulus while there is also a regulus, the regulus' wings do not appear when he goes into AF mode.

February 28, 2010 2:12:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demon TB Regulus Unclean Beast Oak Occulus Rook Sedna Erebus Blackulus
MaxHealth 1500 1410 1420 1550 1700 1450 1900 1600 1650 1700
Armor 300 240 250 475 400 330 240 380 220 400
MaxEnergy 1092 1100 884 1092 832 936 880 884 780 884
DamageRating 157 140 129 168 160 135 189 155 160 162
Regen 2.51 2.19 2.28 2.37 2.82 2.37 3.18 2.82 3 2.78
EnergyRege 3.1 3.63 2.76 3.4 2.6 2.92 2.76 2.76 2.44 2.76
Primary Agility Magic Agility Power Power Magic Power Magic Power Agility

I went through the blueprint and I didn't realize how weak Regulus is as a standard demigod. I've upped his starts in the next build when the bug fixes are in to make him more tougher in compared to other demigods as Epiphenomenon suggested. His level up stats are.

MaxHealth = {Add = 135, AdjustHealth = true},
Armor = {Add = 35},
MaxEnergy = {Add = 35, AdjustEnergy = true},
RateOfFire = {Add = 0.017},
DamageRating = {Add = 8.4},
Regen = {Add = 0.166},
EnergyRegen = {Add = 0.263},

Which put him inline with the his current stats.

Basically Blackulus (Name is temp.) Is a support/tank demigod. He has wonderful abilities that increase his tanking ability and Divine Inspiration allows up to add those abilities to his team mates and his sides grunts. I think with the right build at the moment he tanks even better then Sedna.

To give him a disadvantage to balance it out he was supposed to only have limited direct damage attacks. I think in the current build these differences are to polarizing. HeadHunter is way to crappy ability and clearly isn't work putting point in at this point. But some of his defensive abilities like Holy Fury seem to be over powered. This combined with the fact that he has a low DPS in this build and no snares at all makes it extremely difficult for him to kill demigods but good when he's helping others (The same problem that the queen has.) But I don't want to give him a Omni powerful attack ether cause that would feel overpowered. (And if it's duel purpose like damage and healing. That would seem like a ability you have to have) and that is something I'd like to avoid. Headhunter was the last ability I added and I think it's not very creative. Maybe if it was more of a artillery attack (Attack's ground, better range, better AOE, has a minimal range.) 

So I think the currently the best idea is to replace HeadHunter with something else. I'd rather give him a passive ability for farming then change the mines. Right now I still think the mines might be a wee bit overpowered. Although I'll change how quickly the mine go off so it can interrupt something besides teleport scrolls (And the tool tip is wrong  they don't silence at all but they do counter.) I feel because mines are AOE that against mana sensitive demigods like Sedna, Queen and Erebus they could quickly turn the tide of battle in a group fight. A passive ability which gives him AOE on his attacks or activates the Meta effects for his attack could be quite useful.

As for invisibility. I think it's a good idea but it would require a skill to be removed. I'd rather make it a passive that come into play if he hasn't moved for 6 seconds. That combined with mines would give him a fun way to set real traps. Also it wouldn't allow him to escape from battle. I always feel tanks shouldn't have the ability to skip out of battle (Oak aside) but having him invisible and waiting for a demigod to run past him (Possible chasing a demigod on your team who is almost dead.) And then run through a field of mines and have the demigod he's chasing receive a health buff and armour bonus seem to be the enjoyment I'd like.

February 28, 2010 2:23:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Post Script if someone could tell me if Sound Modding is still possible or impossible that would be wonderful

March 1, 2010 7:19:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

First of all, excellent work on the HP boost. That's a good start towards balancing him.

To give him a disadvantage to balance it out he was supposed to only have limited direct damage attacks.

He actually is much more disadvantaged than that. He has poor direct damage, no kiting ability, no stun, no aoe, and no interrupt. His silence ability is different from an interrupt, as silence doesn't reset the cooldown timer (at least it doesn't for Sedna). This means opponents can teleport out without fear of interrupt. He will be weak endgame as he can't farm creeps. No stun means he won't work as well in ganks. He will remain a Tier 2 support demigod if he does not gain at least one of those things. You could give him my dual damage/heal ability, and I think he'd still possibly be underpowered.

Here is how I'd prioritize what he needs:

1. Kiting ability

2. Interrupt

3. AOE

4. Stun (not really necessary, but it'd be nice. )

I think in the current build these differences are to polarizing. HeadHunter is way to crappy ability and clearly isn't work putting point in at this point.

Agreed. I don't see anyone putting points into this.

But some of his defensive abilities like Holy Fury seem to be over powered.

Holy Fury does seem overpowered. There isn't an ability in this game that provides 2000 damage or healing for just 3 skill points. It's more overpowered than my suggested fix to Headhunter.

This combined with the fact that he has a low DPS in this build and no snares at all makes it extremely difficult for him to kill demigods but good when he's helping others (The same problem that the queen has.)

I would shy away from going for a support Demigod. Most people would probably use him in single player. Supporting AI teammates isn't quite as fun. Also, this game has plenty of support Demigods. Creating another support Demigod limits the matchups where your Demigod will be useable. Also, giving him flashy abilities, like invisibility and a dual purpose damage/heal ability, will increase his appeal to the players, meaning more people will try him out.

But I don't want to give him a Omni powerful attack ether cause that would feel overpowered. (And if it's duel purpose like damage and healing. That would seem like a ability you have to have) and that is something I'd like to avoid.

Every Demigod has an ability that he must get. Erebus must get batswarm, Oak must get shield, Unclean Beast must get Ooze, and Sedna must get Healing Wind II. These are their most powerful abilities, and they are not optional. I don't think that there is a problem in giving your Demigod a main ability and allowing the rest of his build to vary according to his preferences. That's how most Demigods work at the moment.

In fact, my damage/healing ability is less powerful than some abilities in the game. Take bite, for instance. It heals and damages for 775 simultaneously while reducing armor. Spit does 1650 damage over 10 seconds, and Penitence does 800 damage while interrupting, slowing, and increasing damage taken. The numbers I gave for my damage/heal ability are less than Sedna's max rank of Heal and the max rank for fireball or spine attack. You only get to heal a target or damage a target; you can't do both like with bite.

Also, it would make him a versatile Demigod. He can gank the enemy by dealing damage OR counter-gank by healing an ally that is trying to escape. Oak does precisely this with Shield and Penitence, and he's a lot of fun because he can do both at the exact same time.

Also, Assassins need to be more powerful than Generals, because Generals have monks. Making them more powerful helps them compensate. That's one of the reasons Demon Assassin, Reg, and Torchbearer have problems competing with Generalas. Unclean Beast is a Tier 1 Assassin because he's very powerful, which compensates for having no monks.

Right now I still think the mines might be a wee bit overpowered. Although I'll change how quickly the mine go off so it can interrupt something besides teleport scrolls (And the tool tip is wrong they don't silence at all but they do counter.) I feel because mines are AOE that against mana sensitive demigods like Sedna, Queen and Erebus they could quickly turn the tide of battle in a group fight. A passive ability which gives him AOE on his attacks or activates the Meta effects for his attack could be quite useful.

One minor problem I've noticed about the mines. They go off when creeps or minions walk over them. If you can micro your demigod out of the way, all you have to do is walk your minions over them. They will take no damage and will nullify your mines. If you could make them not go off when creeps or minions stepped on them, I think they would make a great addition.

As for invisibility. I think it's a good idea but it would require a skill to be removed.

If you remove headhunter, that will free up slots for you to move around abilities with. If that won't work, perhaps you could make the Divine Inspiration slot something that allows you to switch modes that unlock different abilities, such as with Ice Torchbearer and Fire Torchbearer. This would allow you to have 6 (count em, 6!) abilities for Blackulus. 

I'd rather make it a passive that come into play if he hasn't moved for 6 seconds. 

As a competitive Demigod player, I'm torn on this idea. I could see it setting up ganks, but that's an awfully long time to stand still. You've got to be farming creeps for xp and gold as well as capping flags. I think it'd be more useful as an active ability. There isn't a whole lot of opportunity for standing around. This will be especially problematic if your opponent has line of sight on you before you go invisible. If you have to stand to be invisible, they will probably know where you are once Angels hit the field.

On a final note, I really think Blackulus is a good idea. He looks awesome and has great potential. I'm very excited to see what he will look like. I know that some of us competitive players get bored with the same old Demigods, so if we could have another competitive Demigod to use, my clan would probably use him over vent. If he can be made Tier 1, I definitely think that we could see the pro Demigod players using him. Let me know what you think. I'm available to help test him out with any changes.

March 1, 2010 7:24:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

P.S.

Here's another thought on the direct damage/heal ability. It's basically combining Sedna's Heal and Pounce. For Sedna to get approximately the same damage and healing, she would have to spend 4 points in Pounce and 2 points in Heal. This is two more skill points than my damage/heal ability. My ability can only be used once every 7 seconds to either heal or damage, while she can use both Pounce and Heal every 7 seconds. It's not clear to me from this that my damage/heal ability is overpowered.

Is it more powerful? Potentially, but my ability is only 2 skill points cheaper, and it's less spammable than using both Pounce and Heal. It's a tradeoff, and in the end I think my ability is slightly more powerful and is not overpowered. This is good, because we need Assassins to have slightly more powerful abilities.

Regulus has a light glow when he goes into Angelic Fury. Do you think it'd be possible to give Blackulus a black aura when he goes into Divine Inspiration?

I've got another idea. Would it be possible to use Blackulus' death animation for some sort of short range teleport? He goes up into the sky, could you get him to come back down at a different place? That would be cool.

March 1, 2010 10:12:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bah, sorry for the triple post. I actually think Soul Strike is really good. Cooldown increases are unique and interesting. I think you might be able to get away with increasing each level by 10%.

March 3, 2010 3:36:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sound Modding: I know we can't actually edit the sound files that demigod uses. I'm not sure if we can add new ones.

re:Ephiphenomenom: I don't check the GPG moding board that often. If you post scripting questions in this forum, I'll be more likely to notice them.

August 18, 2013 6:27:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i think this may be a bit off topic but does anyone know where i can go to get mods that just add demigods and make the ai not stupid, i loved this game but got tired of it because of how dumb the ai is and the fact that there isnt a whole lot of demigods to pick from so if someone would like send me a link or something of areas where i can get these mods it would be most appreciated

August 18, 2013 6:28:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

also this guy sounds pretty BA when hes all done i will for sure get this.

August 19, 2013 12:23:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

there is a link in the sticky threads on the forums

April 29, 2014 2:28:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi iam new to this game and really wanne try this mod but the link is broken is there still a change I can get this mod?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time: