The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Game crashing whole computer out?!?! Every time, really?

By on February 20, 2010 7:32:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok, so, this happened intermittently off and on for a while and I saw that early on a lot of people posted that with Vista HP SP 2, and Nvidia 9800 GTX GPU they were getting crashes...  It just started happening again and I'm really starting to get pissed off.. Is there no solution for this?  I have all the updated gpu and sound drivers.

The game runs fine on Vista HP SP 2 64 bit on my laptop (Gateway FX gaming laptop, 4 gigs ram, 1 gig 9800M GTS card), but on my home built desktop pc (evga 790i ftw mboard, 4 gigs ram, intel 2.83ghz quad core, nvidia 9800 gtx 1 gig) with the same OS (be it standalone off the shelf vista) it is now crashing everytime I play, about five mins in.  Someone please help me before I kill you all.

Thank you.

+1 Karma | 3 Replies
February 22, 2010 10:21:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Does anyone read these?  Ever?  Anyway, on the off chance that someone reads this my PC tanked again (because I tried to play again, I know, I should know better-- yes, it happens every time now), but this time to black screen with sound still going from ingame, so I ctrl,alt,del to task manager-- wouldnt let me see the screen, but I told vista to restart the OS-- and it told me that one of the issues that needed to be closed before shutting down was "display driver has stopped working and  has recoverd" or something to that effect.  So I guess that its definitely a gpu issue then??  Maybe, maybe not????  

February 23, 2010 7:06:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Okay, so I think that I figured out the issue, which makes me feel like an idiot if I'm right.  I downloaded EVGA's precision  software and turned my GPU fan up manually and haven't had a crash since....  Aren't those cards supposed to have a built in temp monitor??  OH well....

February 23, 2010 8:55:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah Neil, something got fubar'd with nvidia drivers and fan control a couple of driver versions ago.

Be happy you found the issu bro, sorry that i didnt see your initial posts!

j

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000062   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.