The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The maps in this game are beautiful

By on February 19, 2010 10:48:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know this has probably been said a hundred times already, but I haven't said it.

The maps in this game are sooo awesome, easily the best maps I've played in a wargame. They aren't just the same old boring landscape with some hills and trees and random villages, these are handcrafted rendered maps. Everytime I play them I notice something new. Like in 'Prison', I only realized today that there is a giant Demon encased within the pillar we are battling on. I thought the prison reference was just how close the enemy bases are, and how we are forced to battle in almost a single central area.

More official maps please! I couldn't care less if we got 0 Demigods added, but I won't accept no more maps being released! Please!

+1 Karma | 50 Replies
February 19, 2010 11:18:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sigh...some people just don't get it....

February 19, 2010 11:25:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Explain to me exactly what I'm missing? I'm just saying how nice the maps are. . .

Oh I get it, it's probably some small-time forum insider joke or ancient post made ages ago saying how no new maps will be added, or some other thing that someone who just recently joined the forums wouldn't necessarily know but all the old-timers do who need to flex their senior elitism and have shit-attacks when someone says something that was clarified already a while ago. One of those things. In that case, yes, I didn't 'get it'. What was the point of you posting that? Honestly? I'm just giving props to the level designers. Sheesh.

edit - cue the other forumers to attack me now.

February 19, 2010 11:45:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You're spot on Krang, basically the maps are so beautiful we won't likely see any more. they are very expensive to make using a very expensive program (granny 3dmax i think?).   Welcome aboard and hope you stick around.

February 19, 2010 11:52:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Chemdude8,
You're spot on Krang, basically the maps are so beautiful we won't likely see any more. they are very expensive to make using a very expensive program (granny 3dmax i think?).   Welcome aboard and hope you stick around.

Thanks for the welcome. . .

Yeah I had considered that making new content is very low on GPG's priority list at the moment, seeing as how it wasn't entirely a huge success, and how SC2 is like right around the corner (which I can't wait for).

February 20, 2010 12:07:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Krang_DX,
Explain to me exactly what I'm missing? I'm just saying how nice the maps are. . .

Oh I get it, it's probably some small-time forum insider joke or ancient post made ages ago saying how no new maps will be added, or some other thing that someone who just recently joined the forums wouldn't necessarily know but all the old-timers do who need to flex their senior elitism and have shit-attacks when someone says something that was clarified already a while ago. One of those things. In that case, yes, I didn't 'get it'. What was the point of you posting that? Honestly? I'm just giving props to the level designers. Sheesh.

edit - cue the other forumers to attack me now.

Ok you want new mapos, buy maya or modo or just download fucking blender and make them your damnself. Some people just don't understand these maps are fucking 3-D objects They aren't just panels put down there, and I do tire of having to repeat that. And old timer? I still young on this board, and haven't even been here a year yet.

Quoting Chemdude8,

I put my money on maya, modo, or lightwave.

February 20, 2010 12:18:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,

Ok you want new mapos, buy maya or modo or just download fucking blender and make them your damnself. Some people just don't understand these maps are fucking 3-D objects They aren't just panels put down there, and I do tire of having to repeat that. And old timer? I still young on this board, and haven't even been here a year yet.

Man, you're one seriously sensitive person aren't you? What's your problem? Pissed off about something in real life and coming to take it out on the forums, obviously. You're jumping down my throat for NO REASON, and making absolutely stupid suggestions. And you claim you're tired of 'repeating' that. When did you tell ME once in this thread? You didn't, jagoff.

I like the maps, and you're aggressively suggesting I go make my own. I don't know how, I'm in school for Law, not 3D design like you are. I can't just go make maps (I doubt you could either, otherwise, forward me to your maps, please). I don't think it's quite that simple either, otherwise there'd be WAY more community-made maps for download.

You sir, are an asshole who is e-raging for no bloody reason. I see a ton of posts in these forums about how poor the community is, and when I see idiots like you jumping down people's throats unwarranted, I can see why. Way to represent the Demigod forums.

Sheesh!

February 20, 2010 1:00:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Krang_DX,

Quoting synnworld, reply 5

Man, you're one seriously sensitive person aren't you? What's your problem? Pissed off about something in real life and coming to take it out on the forums, obviously. You're jumping down my throat for NO REASON, and making absolutely stupid suggestions. And you claim you're tired of 'repeating' that. When did you tell ME once in this thread? You didn't, jagoff.

I like the maps, and you're aggressively suggesting I go make my own. I don't know how, I'm in school for Law, not 3D design like you are. I can't just go make maps (I doubt you could either, otherwise, forward me to your maps, please). I don't think it's quite that simple either, otherwise there'd be WAY more community-made maps for download.

You sir, are an asshole who is e-raging for no bloody reason. I see a ton of posts in these forums about how poor the community is, and when I see idiots like you jumping down people's throats unwarranted, I can see why. Way to represent the Demigod forums.

Sheesh!

Now I officially know you are an idiot. Before you make a damn suggestion that has been made atleast 1000x damn times in the past, use the fucking search button. I am tired of explaining this to idiots like you over and over who don't know how to look for any damn thing. Of course I can't fucking make them, I am a fucking first year student dimwit, but i played demigod before I started my major and still understood they were 3-d objects like the demigods and where a hassle plus expensive to make. I'm tired of the same bloody idiots doing the same bloody shit; if it isn't about the damn maps then it is about being kicked from games. If it isn't being kicked from games then is why they are quitting demigod and yelling shit about it failing. Sensitive, easily annoyed with repeating obvious shit, then yes. My last post wasn't agressive; you are the one responding with some shit about me being an elitist and then asked me to explain the shit to you, in which I did. If you don't want the answer then don't ask the question.

February 20, 2010 1:21:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm not sure if synnworld is trolling or not, either way it's pretty funny

I agree the maps are awesome - Gives me something to do when the game freezes. Those were times I discovered the prisoner on prison, and some of the amazing background in zikurat. Still have yet to see the exile constellations for myself though.

February 20, 2010 2:01:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Trolling no, telling it how it is, yea.

February 20, 2010 2:06:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You're spot on Krang, basically the maps are so beautiful we won't likely see any more. they are very expensive to make using a very expensive program (granny 3dmax i think?).

Chemdude hit it on the spot.  Awesome maps... but more than likely no more.  I actually wish they weren't so damn pretty so we might be able to make our own without buying granny for 10k +. 

Re: you and synnworld - synn's obviously in a bit of a mood and was a bit rude with his comment.  But you responding to his rude comment with a big FUG YOU wasn't all that cool either.  Anyway, welcome to our small community.  Hopefully the mini-war with synnworld is just about done

February 20, 2010 3:08:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, no more new maps or anything more than likely.

You will get your money's worth out of the game though, it has passed many hours for me.

February 20, 2010 5:37:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,

Re: you and synnworld - synn's obviously in a bit of a mood and was a bit rude with his comment.  But you responding to his rude comment with a big FUG YOU wasn't all that cool either.  Anyway, welcome to our small community.  Hopefully the mini-war with synnworld is just about done

Well I don't know what his problem is, he's being a jerk for no reason here because I made a request to the devs, which I know would hold no strength, they probably don't even read the forums. Yet I expected the community to rally to his cause. It's sad to see that you guys think it's 'funny', him attacking newbies to the board like this. If I weren't a seasoned 'forumer' for games and the like, I'd have left right away - this does not bode well for this already struggling community. Thank you for at least acknowledging that he was out of line - although I'm sure he will refuse to accept that.

@synnworld

You have a serious attitude problem dude. I wasn't making a 'real' request to the devs, I KNOW nothing would come of it. You're just being a dick and picking on me because I happened to touch a nerve that you're obviously butt-hurt about being mentioned often here. On that note, I did NOT ask you ANYWHERE to post in MY thread, so don't go spouting off about how "You're sick and tired of answering these questions", cause I didn't ask YOU specifically, idiot. And yes, you are trolling, even your peers are noting it. LOL.

Please make good on your intention to leave the boards, as you so desperately pointed out in your lameass cry-for-attention thread about quitting - it will do the board wonders for new people. Jesus Christ I haven't seen a troll as bad as you since the friggin' WoW boards last year!

edit - Also, try cutting down on the swearing, you will at least come off as LESS of a CRETIN to the people around you.

February 20, 2010 9:28:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Greetings Krang,

I have had your opinion for some time as well. Art. Brothers is the most striking for me. More Demigods and more maps are the most reasonable avenues of expansion at the moment. The difficulty of crafting such is moot - we agree such would be splendid.

Perhaps Stardock could hold a money contest as they did (Tripwire Interactive did) for Killing Floor, offering cash to a community mapper who could create the best new field in which to battle? That`d be very cool.

February 20, 2010 9:47:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey Krang

Look up Teseer if you're lookin for a game! And get on lagwars

February 20, 2010 10:28:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Krang_DX,

@synnworld
You have a serious attitude problem dude. I wasn't making a 'real' request to the devs, I KNOW nothing would come of it. You're just being a dick and picking on me because I happened to touch a nerve that you're obviously butt-hurt about being mentioned often here. On that note, I did NOT ask you ANYWHERE to post in MY thread, so don't go spouting off about how "You're sick and tired of answering these questions", cause I didn't ask YOU specifically, idiot. And yes, you are trolling, even your peers are noting it. LOL.

Please make good on your intention to leave the boards, as you so desperately pointed out in your lameass cry-for-attention thread about quitting - it will do the board wonders for new people. Jesus Christ I haven't seen a troll as bad as you since the friggin' WoW boards last year!

edit - Also, try cutting down on the swearing, you will at least come off as LESS of a CRETIN to the people around you.

I was actually about to drop this shit but screw it, What peers?  Pet0sh? He/she is no peer of mine. Teseer? He has said nothing about the crap. Pacov, simply said I was in a mood; which I'm ganna get you for late pacov .  You obviously have not been on this board at all, so stfuand look around forbefore repeat some crap that has been repeated 1000x no matter what forum, because I will troll the hell out of you. I haven't started trolling yet, and if you actually read my damn post you'd know I was only uninstalling demigod. I was remaining on the board, in vent, and will be returning shortly dumbass. 

Quoting pacov,

mini war? This isn't a mini war. The crap between me and seven was a mini war. This is just me bored and missing queen. XDXD

February 20, 2010 11:42:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Start a new post on the demigod forums

1. This has been done before, go find that post!
  2. Find the post and discuss it - OMG necropost!

February 20, 2010 12:19:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hehe... man rudely bumps into me on the street.  I respond by saying "what the #$$^# is your problem asshole.  You didn't see me here.  You elitist &$&&.  You need to go #*@$ off.  I was just minding my own business and this ass thinks its okay to bump into me."  My name is Krang_DX.  I can do no wrong. 

February 20, 2010 2:53:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh man, bunch of ass-kissers on this forum. I haven't ever seen a forum this clique-y in my life! Anyway I'm done arguing with little kids for jumping on me about a dupe thread. As if you guys have some kind of personal stake on the board's post count. LOL my God. I expect the last-word freaks to do a bunch more posts flaming me but no matter, this thread has gone way off track and is only a flamefest, so don't waste your time anymore.

February 20, 2010 3:00:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have no idea what happened in here, but don't let if effect your playing of Demigod. It's a great game that needs more players. Usually it's real freindly in here...

Look me up between Tues-Thurs and we'll get some games going.

February 20, 2010 3:16:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Krang_DX,
Oh man, bunch of ass-kissers on this forum. I haven't ever seen a forum this clique-y in my life! Anyway I'm done arguing with little kids for jumping on me about a dupe thread. As if you guys have some kind of personal stake on the board's post count. LOL my God. I expect the last-word freaks to do a bunch more posts flaming me but no matter, this thread has gone way off track and is only a flamefest, so don't waste your time anymore.

You are way more of an elitist then me .

Quoting Teseer,
I have no idea what happened in here, but don't let if effect your playing of Demigod. It's a great game that needs more players. Usually it's real freindly in here...

Look me up between Tues-Thurs and we'll get some games going.

I'm friendly when I  need to be, but I am like venom and will get ya.

February 20, 2010 3:19:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,
I have no idea what happened in here, but don't let it effect your playing of Demigod.

Repeating for the sake of the community. This goes to anyone on the forums who ran into issues.

February 20, 2010 3:50:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah they're visually appealing, unfortunately over half of them are awfully designed.

February 20, 2010 4:19:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Krang_DX,

they probably don't even read the forums. Thank you for at least acknowledging that he was out of line - although I'm sure he will refuse to accept that.

Stardock read the forums all the time...and both of you are out of line, calling people an "idiot" on the forums is just childish really grow up.

February 20, 2010 4:29:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think we should either get on topic or drop it all together.

I'll try the On Topic route:

I agree. The maps in Demigod are breath-taking. I almost jizzed myself the first time Brothers loaded up!
I was kind of down that SupCom 2 was going to use the same style maps (No more 50+ maps map pack) but I won't lie, I'm looking forward to seeing more maps of this type.

February 20, 2010 4:38:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,
I think we should either get on topic or drop it all together.

I'll try the On Topic route:

I agree. The maps in Demigod are breath-taking. I almost jizzed myself the first time Brothers loaded up!
I was kind of down that SupCom 2 was going to use the same style maps (No more 50+ maps map pack) but I won't lie, I'm looking forward to seeing more maps of this type.
I'd have to say the constellations in Exile are my favorite....second comes Cataract, but it's kinda an eyesore after playing it almost every match.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.