The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The Chatroom

By on February 16, 2010 10:41:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

GeneralVeers

Join Date 03/2009
+23

Talk about anything here.

Locked Post 7785 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 26, 2011 8:52:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yayz, Callen and IFear are back!

Wasnt aware of the Copy/Paste issue, thanks for the heads up.

The show overall is rather perverted, but since Finn is awkward around Bubblegum, nothing interesting other than your typical adolescent obvious crushing happens.  Some of my fave quotes from the series so far:

Finn (Explaining to the Ice King why they're in his kingdom) "You don't understand, there was this lava goblin in our front yard, and he was hot!"
Jake "Yeah, he was "
Finn "Wait, no. I don't mean like, sexy hot, but..."

Singer (Singing "There go our Boys" when Marceline kicks Finn and Jake out of their treehouse, which is actually hers) "You know you should have stayed, and fought that sexy vampire lady"

Marceline (Talking to Finn about attacking her dad, who's currently a giant demonic soul eater) "Finn, you're like an ant to him."
Finn "Yeah? Well this ant's about to get in his pants!"
Marceline "Uh, what?"

Xer0 \^/

January 27, 2011 2:01:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Xer07,
The show overall is rather perverted,

Of course it is. Xer07 is writing it, duh

Quoting Xer07,
YFinn (Explaining to the Ice King why they're in his kingdom) "You don't understand, there was this lava goblin in our front yard, and he was hot!"
Jake "Yeah, he was "
Finn "Wait, no. I don't mean like, sexy hot, but..."

Singer (Singing "There go our Boys" when Marceline kicks Finn and Jake out of their treehouse, which is actually hers) "You know you should have stayed, and fought that sexy vampire lady"

Marceline (Talking to Finn about attacking her dad, who's currently a giant demonic soul eater) "Finn, you're like an ant to him."
Finn "Yeah? Well this ant's about to get in his pants!"
Marceline "Uh, what?"

Whoa, talk about randomness, lol!

Quoting Xer07,
Finn (Explaining to the Ice King why they're in his kingdom) "You don't understand, there was this lava goblin in our front yard, and he was hot!"
Jake "Yeah, he was "

ROFL

"My Pokemans. Let me show you them"

January 28, 2011 11:47:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I can't find any Adventure Time on Youtube (damn copyright infrigement), tho to give you an idea of the content of the show, I found the music video after Marceline kicks Finn and Jake out of their (her) house.

Xer0 \^/

January 29, 2011 12:09:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I had to sleep with a few women and hack a few sites, but I got the First Episode of Season One of...

ADVENTURE TIME

In this Episode, Finn must protect a life-or-death secret of Princess Bubblegum's while zombie candie attacks the Royal Palace. Will he crack under the pressure, or prove his worth as a Royal Knight?

Xer0 \^/

January 29, 2011 5:02:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Meh, I dont really like it

January 29, 2011 10:25:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Bummer. We didn't even get to Marceline or the Ice King yet. Oh well...

Xer0 \^/

January 29, 2011 10:28:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Alright guys, here's the first chapter of my as-of-yet nameless "Novel". I'll decide to go through with writing the rest if you guys like this, so please do feel free to comment at will.

Chapter One:

Retracing Your Steps

His eyes fluttered open after feeling the sun hitting his face.  He looked over at his watch, and groaned; it was noon already.  He got out of bed to discover he was naked, but he didn't remember last night at all. He finds his clothes laying on the ground beside the bed, and puts them on.  He sighs, wondering what his boss is going to say to him once he arrives 4 hours late for work, but then smells something on his breath.  He's been drugged. 

He stops dead on his way to the kitchen, half because he's starting to panic at the fact that he's been drugged, half because he can't remember the way to the kitchen. Then real panic sets in; this isn't his apartment.  He whirls around on the spot, looking for a clue as to his predicament, but instead finds the bathroom.  He stumbles in, and spashes his face in cold water.  He gazes in the mirror, and looks at his eyes.  They were grey today, as he preferred them to be over the occasional green they sometimes turned, and bloodshot. He gives himself a once-over in the mirror. His hair is a mess, and his clothes are rather sloppy, but he'd be able to leave the building with dignity at least.  The drugs didn't seem to be all that potent, at least now, but he still had difficulty remembering.  He finds his way to the kitchen, and prepares some coffee. Next to the coffeemaker is a note, left there because whoever left it knew he was a caffeine addict. Unnerved slightly by this, but starting to regain his composure, he opens the note.

Dear Darius;

I had a great time last night, I hope you don't mind that I took your wallet and your car! (Darius swears aloud) Oh, and I hope you don't mind, but I did the liberty of texting that girl of yours while you were out cold, she'll be arriving at 12:30 tomorrow. Have fun.  

The note was signed with a kiss mark from purple lipstick.  He was irritated that this girl drugged him, slept with him and then stole from him all in one great stroke.  He prepared to crumple the paper when he noted a P.S.

P.S. I left a present for her outside the door.

He panicked, for real this time, since he knew he was a mess and he smelled of this girl's perfume as well.  He looked at his watch; 12:25.  He figured that he'd try and cover up some of what went on last night as quickly as possible.  He razed himself with bodyspray (the resulting concoction of her perfume and his bodyspray worsening the effects of the drug, he started to lose his balance from the fumes), threw away the letter, made the bed, found a bra (size "C", he noted) and threw that out the window, but then paused at the view.  He was at least 20 or 30 stories high, so this girl must have swayed him quite well (or used some pretty damn powerful drugs) to make him rent out a room this nice.  The view over the harbor and out to the city on the other side was spectacular. So spectacular, in fact, he forgot what he was doing. Then he hears a few hard knocks at the door.

Before he can open it, the door is slammed open, the handle actually tears the beige wallpaper and cracks the drywall beyond, leaving a gaping hole.  A girl storms in, a pair of purple panties with pink hearts and another, kiss-signed note in hand.  Darius swears mentally this time, both at the beauty of the girl (who's apparently "his", according to the note, despite his lack of recognition towards her) and at the fact that he's screwed to hell and back by the situation. As the girl walks up to him, he notices a few things.  First is that the bra he threw out earlier probably could have been hers, maybe a shade too small, that her waist-length brown hair perfectly compliment her deep brown eyes; which were currently alight with rage. She was also rather short compared to him, maybe an 8" height difference he estimated.  She was thin, as well, something that he found unusual given the 95% overwieght rate that's the newest nationwide catastrophe.

As she gets closer she raises her hand, and Darius instinctively reaches and catches it before she can complete her swing. She raises the other hand, but catches sight of the panties still clutched in it and stops.  He embraces the girl, which was apperently the right thing to do, because she hugs him back.  She pulls away, and asks him why.  Darius begins to explain, "This girl, I dunno who she is or anything, but she left me a note, too. She drugged me, stole my car and my wallet, and texted you." The girl is apparently convinced by the explanation, and sits in the couch, still depressed at Darius, tho, since she throws him guilty glances every now and then.  She ponders aloud who the girl might be.  Darius responds "I'm not entirely sure..." he walks over to the window, stroking his chin and feeling stubble.  He reminds himself to shave later. "But whoever it is has to know us somehow, because she arranged for all of this to happen by leaving you your note. I'm sorry for getting you involved in all of this." The girl gets up, runs over and hugs Darius again.  He feels her breasts rub against his back, and starts thinking he could get used to this.  He's still annoyed that he can't remember anything past hazy memories of the night before, however.

He relaxes, but then the girl says to him, "I'm... sorry, too." She releases her grip on him.  Darius turns around, and asks, "What are you sorry for? I'm the one causing the problems here..." She kisses him. She puts one arm behind his head, and he puts one on her waist.  Her other hand passes him an envelope, and once this transaction is completed, she stops and walks away. Darius opens it, more confused than ever, and throws away the envelope.  Yet another note is inside, but this one is typed, not hand written like all the others.  As he starts to unfold the note, he asks her "What's this, more bad new-" but is cut off as she runs over and pushes him out the window.  The last thing he sees of her is a whirl of brown hair and a single tear running down her cheek.  He swears again, but remembers how high up he is, and decides to solve the mystery before he dies by reading the note. Then he realizes something odd; the note is speaking as though he wrote it.  He skims through it, it was only a few sentences long, then realizes it was a suicide note. His suicide note! He smirks once he realizes this; the girl was going to get away with murder.  He laughs aloud as he nears the ground, and thinks "Damn, I fell in love with one smart little bi-"

End of Chapter One.

Comments? Questions? Concerns?

Do tell all and say all, I'm open to all criticism.

Xer0 \^/

January 30, 2011 12:31:50 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I feel that if you're going to kill the main character in the first chapter, then what is the point of the rest of the novel? Unless, of course, he's not the main character.

Other than that, mmm, I'm not very impressed. But then again, I have odd tastes in fiction. Like, enjoying hack&slash, shoot-crap-to-bloody-pieces stuff, and also odd, esoteric SF.

What particular genre is this story supposed to be? It looks like mystery, but I could very well be wrong.

January 30, 2011 1:44:48 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'm not killing him off quite yet, we havn't even met him yet.  It is a mystery, and all will be explained in the next chapter, if you think I should take the time to make it. 

Xer0 \^/

January 30, 2011 1:52:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Xer07,
I'm not killing him off quite yet, we havn't even met him yet.  It is a mystery, and all will be explained in the next chapter, if you think I should take the time to make it. 

Xer0 \^/

Well then post it up. Besides, unless there's some kind of mystical-magical-handwavium thing that you've got, he's not going to survive a 20 to 30-storey drop.

Simple impact physics; he's going to reach terminal velocity, and not particularly quickly. To the point where he'll simply splat.

This, incidentally, is why a bug can withstand be dropped from a comparitively large height; they have a relatively low terminal velocity, and one that's not lethal.

A human, however, does not benefit from such advantages. Hence, we go splat.

January 30, 2011 5:25:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Mhm, I'm too lazy to read your book Xer07, soz

January 30, 2011 1:23:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Decent concept(I just skimmed it a bit, I dislike reading bits and pieces of things I might get interested in) but is it a novel otr a script for some sort of video?  Because that is what it looks like.

If you write more, I'll concider doing some basic editing for you.

(Although I am reluctant to offer...Last time I edited writing for someone in the chatroom we found out Skidi was a guy...Xer0, keep your secrets to yourself )

-Twilight Storm

Edit:  Whiskey, if it's scifi, any number of things would make him able to survive the fall, but in reality, you are mostly right.

January 30, 2011 5:52:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Twilight_Storm,
Decent concept(I just skimmed it a bit, I dislike reading bits and pieces of things I might get interested in) but is it a novel otr a script for some sort of video?  Because that is what it looks like.

If you write more, I'll concider doing some basic editing for you.

(Although I am reluctant to offer...Last time I edited writing for someone in the chatroom we found out Skidi was a guy...Xer0, keep your secrets to yourself )

-Twilight Storm

Edit:  Whiskey, if it's scifi, any number of things would make him able to survive the fall, but in reality, you are mostly right.

Hence why I mentioned the mystical-magical-handwavium things. Which are a staple of space opera and soft SF.

January 31, 2011 1:55:22 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

He could survive the fall and be paralysed from the neck/waist down or something. Then it's part handwavium because he survived when he should've (statistically) died, and a bit of realism because he was really badly hurt.

That or there was a magic trampoline waiting at the bottom.

January 31, 2011 2:33:54 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This is not your book club.

February 1, 2011 3:24:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Oatesy03,
He could survive the fall and be paralysed from the neck/waist down or something. Then it's part handwavium because he survived when he should've (statistically) died, and a bit of realism because he was really badly hurt.

That sounds kinda realistic.

Quoting GeneralVeers,

This is not your book club.

And what are you gonna do about it, huh?

February 1, 2011 4:59:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

That sounds kinda realistic.

I'm just a book-writing don.

February 3, 2011 3:54:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Where's everyone?

Did Veers kill off the party or something? Shame on you guys!

February 3, 2011 3:16:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You won't believe what I did today!

February 3, 2011 5:41:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Oatesy03,

Really? What did you do?

February 4, 2011 1:55:02 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Long story, I'll post it this evening.

February 4, 2011 2:26:49 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Lolz, I found morph on youtube!!! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMEe7JqBgvg&feature=related

(Embedding disabled on the video, sorry)

-Twilight Storm

February 4, 2011 6:30:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Oatesy03,

Stopped someone from committing suicide? Got a Mac? Ate a snake? Slept with someone's mother in law?

Quoting Twilight_Storm,
Lolz, I found morph on youtube!!! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMEe7JqBgvg&feature=related

(Embedding disabled on the video, sorry)

-Twilight Storm

LOL   nice one

I havent seen that CH vid. More please

P.S. How did you find me?

February 4, 2011 11:55:09 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Oatesy03,
Long story, I'll post it this evening.

POST. IT. NAO.

In other news:

Internet Trolls have lost their teeth.

February 4, 2011 2:05:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Whiskey144,
Internet Trolls have lost their teeth.

True.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000406   Page Render Time: