The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Gas Powered Announces New Real-Time Strategy Game

By on February 15, 2010 3:22:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod ForumsExternal Link

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/gas-powered-announces-new-real-time-strategy-game/1869/

I don't know Stardock. Elemental: War of Magic may be a lame fantasy title. But Kings and Castles is pretty lame too!

+37 Karma | 17 Replies
February 15, 2010 3:36:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

So, based off the title and idea, Kings and Castles is basically going to be Elemental: War of Magic, the RTS I can only start praying now that Stardock will publish it and it won't require Steam...

February 15, 2010 3:38:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Lamest of lame titles.  But if it looks good and Stardock publishes it, 'll buy it for sure.

February 15, 2010 3:39:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Stardock should so publish it. Brad Wardell and Chris Taylor could make alternating absurd videos.

I don't know if Stardock can publish for consoles though.

February 15, 2010 3:48:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Polynomial,
Stardock should so publish it. Brad Wardell and Chris Taylor could make alternating absurd videos.

I don't know if Stardock can publish for consoles though.

Don't forget the absurd videos with both of them in it. I can only imagine how that would go.

And I know you already saw this thread: http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/376009 but Brad said that their future RPG will target consoles as well as the PC, so I think they can publish for consoles (or they will be able to eventually).

February 15, 2010 3:50:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Who knows who will publish it down the line though.

Stardock usually sits well with PC gamer as far as I know.

February 15, 2010 3:57:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I hope Stardock won't publish it, GPG and Stardock have nothing in common.

February 15, 2010 3:58:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Beauty is in the eye of the
Beholder

Some people is just unable to appreciate the value of classic simplicity.

February 15, 2010 4:00:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I heard the economey has been consolised down to a simple virgins system. You might pay 13 virgins for a castle upgrade for example.

February 15, 2010 4:04:58 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting lokideath,

That's hardly true.

February 15, 2010 4:14:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm not really how I feel about GPG anymore

I'll make up my mind next month when Supcom 2 comes out

February 15, 2010 4:15:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

There does not seem to be anything to confirm this news. Seems pretty lame to me

February 15, 2010 5:01:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Do you think they should maybe stop calling them "next-generation consoles" at some point, now that they've been current for a couple of years?

February 15, 2010 6:06:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Solam,
There does not seem to be anything to confirm this news. Seems pretty lame to me

How about this? http://gaspowered.com/kingsandcastles/

February 15, 2010 6:53:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting lokideath,

You mean apart from Demigod?

February 16, 2010 5:07:43 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Tridus,
Do you think they should maybe stop calling them "next-generation consoles" at some point, now that they've been current for a couple of years?

And by this point, it's genuinely confusing. Is he talking about the consoles that have been around for about four years now?

Or, given that this is a game in pre-production, is he talking about consoles that might be released in three years or so? There's been a rumor or two about Sony and Microsoft maybe already talking to developers, so that's not totally ridculous. Three years would be a somewhat long development time for many developers, but positively speedy by Blizzard standards.

Still, yeah, I'm going with simple wildly-inappropriate usage of "next-gen". It stopped being the next generation of consoles and became the current generation when the PS3 launched in November 2006. Words mean things.

February 16, 2010 9:23:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Thrawn2787,
I'm not really how I feel about GPG anymore

I'll make up my mind next month when Supcom 2 comes out

I'm very wary of playing and enjoying another GPG game, especially one of their smaller titles for obvious reasons. 

j

February 21, 2010 12:10:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Zaisha,

Quoting lokideath, reply 6I hope Stardock won't publish it, GPG and Stardock have nothing in common.

You mean apart from Demigod?

Because of Demigod.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000922   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.