The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Laggy Games Last Night?

By on February 13, 2010 12:32:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Last night, a majority of my games had crippling slideshow lag. No one seemed to be at fault. All pings fine and sim speeds.

Split had it right, it was like a turn based stratagy game. It was so bad, I could play 4 clicks and wait about a minute and they would slowly go through.

Did anyone else have HORRIBLE lag last night?

+60 Karma | 14 Replies
February 13, 2010 12:34:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The lowest sim speed was 2, and it was constantly 2, it never dipped to 0 or below, so the game should have played at normal speed. All the pings were under 200 as well, no spiking, yet it still lagged like a bitch.

February 13, 2010 12:54:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

one game my teammates sim speed was -1.

February 13, 2010 1:01:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

But low sim speed doesnt produce the lag we saw.

February 13, 2010 1:42:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So long as sim speed > 0, the game should be able to run at normal speed, so that was not the problem.

February 13, 2010 1:44:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Even when its below 0, its smooth just slow. The lag last night was just...cryable. Yes. Cryable.

February 13, 2010 3:17:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,
Even when its below 0, its smooth just slow. The lag last night was just...cryable. Yes. Cryable.

ROFL

New word: Cryable

February 13, 2010 3:19:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It is a word in Spanish.

February 13, 2010 3:36:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

someone had insufficient upload speed to run the game.
this cannot be detected by sim speed or ping values.

February 13, 2010 4:01:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

But it was never the same person. I mean, I'd go with that if it was a game or two but it was like 5-7 games with different people.

Only had two work fine.

February 13, 2010 4:59:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh man, there was so much lag last night. All the sim speeds were good but lag was terrible.

February 13, 2010 5:06:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We need to get a good game going. We havnt had an epic game for a while.

February 14, 2010 5:48:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

[quote who="[ShakeNBake]" reply="8" id="2536960"]someone had insufficient upload speed to run the game.
this cannot be detected by sim speed or ping values.
[/quote]

This is not true, insufficiant upload speeds will cause massive ping spikes that are visible in the TAB screen.

February 16, 2010 3:17:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The same trouble happened to me last night. All had a simspeed > 5 and pings <150. And the game was laggy as hell.

February 16, 2010 12:36:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You should have seen the game I had with Cow on the night of the 12th. I led a pretty brutal team let down.

1st I got UI lag with Oak and ended up taking soul power at level 2 instead of divine justice, after specing for assassin.
So I respec to minions... and 1/2 the time they are just floating around ignoring attack orders.
Then the orders lag was so bad I couldn't for the life of me interrupt the UBs spits with pent or pull back without walking into tower fire.

At one point the game cleared up and I was interrupting the UB with ease and harassing like crazy with spirits, but it was way too late by then, and the orders lag started up again a few minutes later.

Regardless... I died 4 times, which does not happen! (because in turn it means my teammates start to die because the other side has been fed to much).

I dunno... lately it's not that the game isn't smooth, but orders and UI interaction take forever to register. You also need to be damn careful when pressing the N and M keys to move minions around, because if you do it too fast the orders are ignored and it's easy to get stuck moving your DG the wrong way.

I have a crazy conspiracy speculation that all the various UI mods are causing this problem...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000281   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.