The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The Regulus Test

By on February 13, 2010 2:11:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Cind3rs

Join Date 04/2009
+2

You make/join a game.  One that's low on people.  Pick regulus.  After others join, sit there for second.

A) Some jackass on your team will pick regulus also, then instantly hit "ready".  He will then ignore "no doubles" or questions/comments/concerns/hate directed at him for the next 2 mins.  I envision some guy sitting behind his computer, eyes squeezed shut, praying "letmeberegulus, letmeberegulus, letmeberegulus".

or they don't pick regulus.  You're blocking him, and he is writing your name on his "list" of people to kill.  Now that the game filled up, you choose UB or something useful.  Then we go to:

He instantly picks regulus, once you cleared the "block", and then hits ready instantly.  He is now on the moral highground of picking regulus.  Any attempts to change his mind will result in the praying thing again, or him typing "why not?" and stalling his ass off, while SECRETLY praying "letmeberegulus".

If your teammate fails either option of the test, I would suggest getting out of the game (or kicking if the host).  Let's face it.  99% of regulii players are passive aggressive weiners that want to avoid engaging the enemy at all costs.  It's stressful.  They have to buy HP items, micro, use potions, know what the items do, etc.  It's easier to let the "big boys" deal with it, expecting them to deal with 2v3.

Reminds me of Company of Heroes.  In 2v2 or higher, you'd get that teammate that would not engage the enemy, saving up for artillery.  They would expect you to fend off a 2v1, then he would ride in a save the day with artillery.  What you call a "turtle".

Locked Post 53 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 13, 2010 6:36:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,
I still get people sending private messages in game asking me if I'm sure I wanna be TB.
I use to get those about QoT.

February 13, 2010 6:47:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I enjoyed changing teams and pwning whoever bitched when I started playing again.

February 14, 2010 4:41:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree with many people here claiming that Reg is hard to play and if you have a teammate that can´t play him, it gets really hard, since he feeds the enemy often.

On the other hand Reg can be a very important supporting character! I always play supporting and going into melee if my partner has a UB or Oak (or Rook). Important is to be mobile all the time, always being out of range of teleport from erebus f.e., but always i nrange of hitting / supporting the enemy. And at last you get a fleeing, low HP enemy with a good map control (watching which one is low on HP etc.).

I love that DG and played alot with quite good people lately, improving my game alot. I would say it´s unfair to change teams if someone chose reg. That´s the problem almost seeing always the same DG playing. Boring!

I vote Reg: thumb up if played wisely and with a bit foreseeing.

F.e. early game you can force the enemy to leave lanes if shooting at him permanently, keeping his HP low ! Just a matter of gameplay.....

February 14, 2010 8:17:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah many love that dg. thats why many play him and suck. i personally suck with tb and reg. but the least thing is that i know it. most people tend to think they're good with reg while they are totally and utterly useless. its not such a big problem that reg is a weak dg or that there are only bad reg players out there. the problem is they dont know how bad they are, therefore dont give a damn about tips and they take him even if they are up against a strong team.

February 14, 2010 9:09:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I absolutely LOVE playing with Orcun/Cow as Reg. Always knowing when to snipe and actually understanding good mine placement makes a game. If someone CAN play Reg, I'd LOVE to have them on my team.

But a bad Reg is just irritating. Watching him stand completely still as I whittle someone down waiting till they can snipe...only to find out they are out of range and have to run toward them which leads to the snipe not finishing them and me getting angry.

February 14, 2010 1:26:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Derog,
yeah many love that dg. thats why many play him and suck. i personally suck with tb and reg. but the least thing is that i know it. most people tend to think they're good with reg while they are totally and utterly useless. its not such a big problem that reg is a weak dg or that there are only bad reg players out there. the problem is they dont know how bad they are, therefore dont give a damn about tips and they take him even if they are up against a strong team.

+infinity.

That's it in a nutshell.  It's not reg, it's the player not knowing that he is playing him uselessly.  Getting kills does not make you good or worthwhile.  If you're team controls all the lanes, then maybe you're ok.

February 14, 2010 2:02:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Regulus is just the worst character in the whole game no question about it.

February 14, 2010 3:31:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lifekatana,
lol

February 14, 2010 3:43:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The game is about destroying the enemy citadel. You need* giants to destroy the citadel. You need warscore to get giants. You need to hold lanes to get warscore. Regulus can't hold lanes. There should be no debate that Regulus is the worst character in the game, he CANNOT hold lanes at all. Even a squisy like TB can push you back with constant fireballing, RoI, and high weapon damage. Once you hit warscore 10 regulus becomes infinitely more useful however because he can mine everything and slow everyone else down.

February 14, 2010 3:46:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Its funny. TB was the worst back in November when I started playing*.

I love a good Reg on my team. If he knows what hes doing, he can be the most influential member of a team.

Edit: Started playing again*

February 14, 2010 3:57:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Regulus can't hold lanes. There should be no debate that Regulus is the worst character in the game, he CANNOT hold lanes at all.

False. It depends on how stupid the other person in the lane is. For example, I can push UB out of a lane if I am Level 11 because between mark, mines, and kiting he can't melee and spit doesn't do damage fast enough. Now if someone supports him at all even a snipe or fake tele then I am screwed, royally so.

February 14, 2010 4:01:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

UB can push Regulus out of a lane with 2 spits, and he can dodge mines with ease and let creeps take them out.

February 14, 2010 4:03:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Spit isn't that amazing if you have a priest.

February 14, 2010 4:32:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

UB can push Regulus out of a lane with 2 spits, and he can dodge mines with ease and let creeps take them out.

You can't dodge mines if you activated mark when you spit. Mark's cast is faster than spit so range doesn't matter. Then you drop mines on UB, and AA if you have shrapnel that + mark means he won't be able to get in melee range then you get behind your tower until mark recharges mark again. Rinse and repeat. with a monk or on Levi spit isn't an issue if you buy an armor piece or two. Also if you time the mines right and take out a creep wave with them then your creeps will do another 100-200 damage, not much but it adds up.

February 14, 2010 4:37:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,
Spit isn't that amazing if you have a priest.

or swift anklet than spit never hits you.

February 14, 2010 4:39:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol. Ima start playin me some Reg!

February 14, 2010 4:40:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Cowbuttzex,

or swift anklet than spit never hits you.
It'd be hilarious to see a Reg outrunning spit all the way to the crystal. I think I can hear him screaming now...

Or maybe I'm just nuts.

February 14, 2010 5:20:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It'd be hilarious to see a Reg outrunning spit all the way to the crystal. I think I can hear him screaming now...

Or maybe I'm just nuts.

Why do you think speed is capped at 14

February 14, 2010 5:21:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So you can't outrun spit! I knew GPG had a boner for UB.

February 14, 2010 5:40:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So I'm reading on the Demigod Wiki that Angelic Fury's AoE is only 70%. Is that true? I'm at work and can't go through and check the files myself.

February 15, 2010 3:04:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lifekatana,

If I wouldn´t know you a bit, I would lough out loud !

February 15, 2010 1:00:57 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

the worst part about reg is when they actually end up getting kills with their snipe - like ALL the kills - and still don't buy anything for the team. i was in a game last night with a guy who obsessively snipe-stole every kill, and yet he never had enough to get reinforcements. what was he buying? i don't know. maybe saving up for a condo on the beach. but then he made the mistake of thinking he was worth something because of his fancy items, he engaged the enemy, and he died. three or four times in a row. which made us go from a sure win to an impossible loss.

February 15, 2010 1:15:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
February 15, 2010 1:18:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Working on a Reg build myself, I'll watch that one when I get home.

February 15, 2010 2:11:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time: