The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

What do you need to work on?

By on February 7, 2010 9:10:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Knowing your weakest point always helps when it comes to improving on your last game. Did you blank when you should of blanked?

So, I ask: What is your weakest point in Demigod?

Mine: I feel I do great when it comes to actual skirmishes but think I fall short when it comes to total map awareness. I feel the issue is more then likely due to being really stoned and zoning in on the actual combat.

But, that is what I need to work on. I plan on trying to have a port scroll on me more often as well.

Anyone else?

+60 Karma | 80 Replies
February 7, 2010 1:13:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My biggest problem is that I don't know how to improve any more. I'm not the best player out there by far, but I don't know what I can do to become better.

February 7, 2010 1:17:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How I found what I needed to work on was I watched replays.

I just found what I facepalmed at myself doing the most. I've had a million chances to benefit the team with a port or running somewhere real quick but I just don't notice cause I'm so fixed on the fight between me and Uncool Beast.

February 7, 2010 1:29:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What I need to work on is interrupting.

February 7, 2010 1:32:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Would be a feat for QoT to be sure!

February 7, 2010 1:44:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The only thing I like about playing Sedna is the easy interrupts. If Sedna looks at you funny, your casting is interrupted.

February 7, 2010 1:50:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is just my openion, but the only two true interrupt in DG are Deep Freeze and Pent.

.1 cast and good range.

Plus, interrupting Punce is always fun. Interrupting an interrupt with an interrupt. lol

February 7, 2010 1:58:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,
Would be a feat for QoT to be sure!
you shaddup before I use entaglement!

February 7, 2010 2:03:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Haha.

So you said you needed to work on interrupts. Who are you playing as? I remember you saying you played really zoomed out.

I have the exact opposit issue if thats it! I always have myself pretty zoomed in when in a big fight. Moving angles and such.

I was hoping this could be a thread that would help people improve their game. Maybe someone would see something that turns that cartoon lightbulb on.

February 7, 2010 2:09:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,
Haha.

So you said you needed to work on interrupts. Who are you playing as? I remember you saying you played really zoomed out.

I have the exact opposit issue if thats it! I always have myself pretty zoomed in when in a big fight. Moving angles and such.

I was hoping this could be a thread that would help people improve their game. Maybe someone would see something that turns that cartoon lightbulb on.
I play zoomed out so I can see the entire or 3/4 the map T.T

Lets see Tb, OAks pent and that is it.

February 7, 2010 3:04:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My favorite interrupts are the guesses.

When you see an Oak run into a group of creeps, what do ya think hes gunna do? DEEP FREEZE! I'd say it works like 30% of the time, but its a slick move.

February 7, 2010 3:21:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"

This is just my openion, but the only two true interrupt in DG are Deep Freeze and Pent."

Silence.

February 7, 2010 3:26:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe silence causes the ability to be on cooldown so you can just cast as soon as it is off.

February 7, 2010 3:29:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

oh no he didn't!

February 7, 2010 3:36:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Map awareness

February 7, 2010 3:40:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know, ryte?!

I mean, you'd think after playing SupCom that would be the easiest part! My last few games I just keep telling myself 'Idle Engineers' and I usually look around. Same tactic...just makes a lot less sense this time round. lol

February 7, 2010 3:44:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I mean, you'd think after playing SupCom that would be the easiest part! My last few games I just keep telling myself 'Idle Engineers' and I usually look around. Same tactic...just makes a lot less sense this time round. lol

God, I haven't played supcom in idk about a year....

I know, ryte?!

Well as ereb its important if you actually have a tele, but as reg you Always need to know where everyone is and what they are doing

February 7, 2010 3:46:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I do love those perfect snipes out of nowhere.

Not the finishers, but the ones that hit RIGHT before fireball or RoI. Ah, it's what dreams are made of.

February 7, 2010 3:49:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I do love those perfect snipes out of nowhere.

Not the finishers, but the ones that hit RIGHT before fireball or RoI. Ah, it's what dreams are made of.

Who doesn't....

But if you die cause DG pathing sucks and you are paying more attention to the other lane than your own

February 7, 2010 3:52:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

'Why the hell am I over here?!!?'

February 7, 2010 3:54:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Maccilia,
Map awareness
which is why I keep zoomed out; I need to know the position of everyone on the map at all times.

February 7, 2010 4:00:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It was really disorienting and probably not a good idea most of the time, but in 2v2/3v3 or whatever fights, if I look STREIGHT down, it makes it A LOT easier to get a feel of exactly what is going on.

Can't do it for too long though, kills ANY ablitity to see further on the map.

February 7, 2010 4:06:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know its like wtf THERES A TOWER THERE GO THE OTHER WAY

February 7, 2010 4:11:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've thought I was on my way back to the Cit once so I was watching my allies do their thing and all of a sudden I heard the heartbeat. Then...

FIRST BLOOD HAS BEEN DRAWN!

I guess I made some extra click next to their portal and died to the first tower and two guarding the portal.

At least I wasnt worth gold

February 7, 2010 4:46:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,

I know this feeling after i spend 20 games on the darkness side; next game im on light and want to go to the mana but end up at the hp flag.

February 7, 2010 4:49:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I hate that! I get half way and I'm like....fuck.

But it is fun to go 2v2 instead of 1v1 at the start.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000360   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.