The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

When will you finally fix Desync/Critical Error issue?

By on February 2, 2010 7:50:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Shorty8Gs

Join Date 05/2009

Hello Gas Powered Games Team,

For me Demigod is one of the best games after years regarding the gameplay only. Regarding the stats system, multiplayer features and especially all the bugs its a big mess comparing it to other representatives. But after all, for me it would still be the most "fun to play" game if there just weren't these critical errors/desyncs all the time. In my opinion you have killed the community by not fixing this for months or communicating a sollution. Once there have benn 2000 to 3000 players online at the same time now it is only 500 to 600 players in average, I would say.

It feels like that you don't support the game and the community anymore as you could/should? At least please fix the major bugs very soon cause it can't be possible that a more or less multiplayer only game, which counts your stats everywhere, crashes when your team is about to win and captures all flags (if this is the reason, anyway). It happens with one out of five custom games or so, I would say.

Second thing (if it is some cheating issue) we would need some kind of a banlist which automatically kicks the players out of your lobby when you have blacklisted them. Ok, I have to commit with the current community it would be a risk but I'd raher like to play a good game and wait longer then a bad game with cheaters.
Furthermore some kind of a sandbox where you can play without the damn stats are counted, would be great. Cause lobby waiting times of 10 to 15 minutes are getting more and more usual. Or maybe you can just add a button to the custom game settings where you can disable the stat counting?!

So again, please fix at least all the bugs (which is my main concern) before even thinking of working on new heros, new features or even a demigod2 or something because me for myself wouldn't buy anything if I can't see any progress there.
Sorry for the harsh words but I'd rellay like to play demigod again like I used to and I don't need new heros or other features which might sound good but which are useless when you can't really play since the game always crashes.

Thanks in advance. Hope you still lsiten to your little but faithful community and do your best.
Shorty8G's

Locked Post 10 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 3, 2010 4:32:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ,

So again, please fix at least all the bugs (which is my main concern) before even thinking of working on new heros, new features or even a demigod2 or something because me for myself wouldn't buy anything if I can't see any progress there.
Sorry for the harsh words but I'd rellay like to play demigod again like I used to and I don't need new heros or other features which might sound good but which are useless when you can't really play since the game always crashes.

100% agree but i think its to late now. The words spoken after the occulus update let me guess that there aren't ears that will hear your words. I would be really suprised if there would be another update.

Anyway i think there are many players out there who check the forums and wait for an update to come back. Even if they are not shown in the game statistics.

February 3, 2010 8:38:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree I do not play online anymore and wait to read the forums for updates to hopefully one day play again.

February 3, 2010 9:02:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

game if there just weren't these critical errors/desyncs all the time.

This is a peer to peer game thus 90% of the stuff you are encountering is due to people doing it on purpose not because of anything the devs have done. Now heres some stuff i think i know but i might be wrong, first off in order to prevent this the code has to be written from the ground up and dg's wasnt thus they can't fix it without rewriting a significant and expensive portion of the game's code i.e. cost of dg 2. basically its not gonna happen...

February 3, 2010 9:10:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree about the banlist, I'm pretty sure it is caused by players exploiting the game. Desyncs always seem to happen with the same people and always when those people are losing. (Note: They can be caused by mods if you're using them) I've started playing with vetted players in clan Pacov and since then I have had 0 invalid gamestates.

February 6, 2010 3:15:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Splitshadow,
I agree about the banlist, I'm pretty sure it is caused by players exploiting the game. Desyncs always seem to happen with the same people and always when those people are losing. (Note: They can be caused by mods if you're using them) I've started playing with vetted players in clan Pacov and since then I have had 0 invalid gamestates.

not really i have had critical errors or timed out 4 times tonight and it all started after i did a impulse update right after i logged in tonight the only player i know of specifically who crashes his own hosted games is mkafrica

February 18, 2011 11:12:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks craigorr1204 but i don't do that intentionally. I didnt know that pressing end game after it is over and the games says Forces of Light ( or darkness) are victorious would still cause host dc. I was pressing END GAME at the end of games instead of pressing MAIN MENU because it would return me to the lobby instead of the menu and that seemed like an easy short cut. Doggu informed me in a reasonable way that i should not do that and i no longer do.  I apologize for that having happened. It was not intentional and you wont see me doing that in the future. 

I complete games. Im not the best Demigod player but I enjoy playing and am not concerned with win or loss.  This is after all Demigod, a game that i expect to be dead every time that i log on but am relieved to still see the 20 - 30 of us that still play - still playing. 

Finally if more players would explain things to newer players in a reasonable and kind manner, like Doggu did on this issue with me, maybe there would be more players. I played 50 games before Itsmevic finally told me there was a favor item.  Now i should have known and found out maybe but seriously?!?! if a player on your own team doesn't know about favor items it might help you to tell them. I know noobs wanting to play with mids -pros is unbalanceable but help these guys learn. Be kind at least.  Quit cussing them out, booting them or stacking teams against them and wondering why they quit and there are no players. 

February 19, 2011 11:26:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

heh - DGmkafrica - you are responding to a post made on Feb 6, 2010. 

February 19, 2011 11:33:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is after all Demigod, a game that i expect to be dead every time that i log on but am relieved to still see the 20 - 30 of us that still play - still playing. 

By the way, I think the community census would reveal a significantly higher population than we think. Judging by downloads number of certain mods (and take into account most players do not read the forums!), at least. Also, I have ~100 friends on my contact list, none of them 'dead', just online at different time. And that's just me.

February 19, 2011 12:47:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"This is after all Demigod, a game that i expect to be dead every time that i log on but am relieved to still see the 20 - 30 of us that still play - still playing. "

This brought tears to my eyes.

"if a player on your own team doesn't know about favor items it might help you to tell them. I know noobs wanting to play with mids -pros is unbalanceable but help these guys learn. Be kind at least.  Quit cussing them out, booting them or stacking teams against them and wondering why they quit and there are no players."

Could not agree with you more on that one buddy.

February 19, 2011 11:22:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,
heh - DGmkafrica - you are responding to a post made on Feb 6, 2010. 

haha yeah i guess i did, but players have been telling me about it. I guess they thought it was new february...just a different year. I think last february i had played 20 games. Wow.  Back to the be nice to noobs issue. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000593   Page Render Time: