The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Star Trek Online Head Start Today

By on January 29, 2010 10:42:31 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

First one to Sovereign wins an Orion slave girl.

I actually like the game a lot.

+37 Karma | 12 Replies
January 29, 2010 11:52:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Are we forming a Stardock fleet?  If so, I have a teamspeak server we can use if needed!

January 29, 2010 11:57:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've heard good things about this game so far. I stay away from MMOs most of the time, but how is this one?

January 29, 2010 12:28:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well, I can say I was very much the sceptic, but my star trek fandomness overcame my ability to avoid assimilation, so I went ahead and preordered so I could try the beta.

I was honestly quite amazed at how much I enjoyed the game.  I haven't been this excited about an MMO in a very long time.  I think it's certainly worth giving it a try.  You may be pleasantly surprised.

January 29, 2010 12:34:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Any details that wouldnt be covered by their site?

January 29, 2010 12:35:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,
I've heard good things about this game so far. I stay away from MMOs most of the time, but how is this one?
You must die!

Quoting celicakydd,
Well, I can say I was very much the sceptic, but my star trek fandomness overcame my ability to avoid assimilation, so I went ahead and preordered so I could try the beta.

I was honestly quite amazed at how much I enjoyed the game.  I haven't been this excited about an MMO in a very long time.  I think it's certainly worth giving it a try.  You may be pleasantly surprised.

I have the star wars knights of the old republic mmo!

January 29, 2010 12:37:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Star Wars vs Star Trek!

Its on!....again!

January 29, 2010 12:44:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Teseer,
Any details that wouldnt be covered by their site?

Well, the space combat is very "tactical".  More thought and less Peww Peww.  You have a wide variety of options when outfitting your ships with equipment and bridge officers.  Your bridge officers are the mainstay of where your skills come from, so having a well trained crew is very important.

The ground combat IMO isn't as bad as some would make it out to be, altho I will say it could use a bit of work.  I still enjoyed it tho.

I guess if you have any specific questions I can try and answer them for you.  Today is the headstart, so I will be diving into that for most of the day. 

January 29, 2010 1:13:51 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting celicakydd,
Are we forming a Stardock fleet?  If so, I have a teamspeak server we can use if needed!

Zoomba was supposed to drop details.

January 29, 2010 1:20:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

well, for anyone playing please feel free to add me to friends.  You can add @Abrexus

I shall hold out for a fleet update.

Take care everyone!

January 29, 2010 1:22:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,
Star Wars vs Star Trek!

Its on!....again!
I'm a none fan of either but star wars win!

January 29, 2010 1:25:37 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting celicakydd,
well, for anyone playing please feel free to add me to friends.  You can add @Abrexus

I shall hold out for a fleet update.

Take care everyone!

I'm... take a guess. @Polynomial

January 31, 2010 8:44:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The Star Trek Online trailer had no choice but to show nothing but space battles in order to appeal to the masses?

I guess exploration and all that makes for poor game play.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000265   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.