The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Permasilence

OMGWTFBBQ?!?!?!?!?

By on January 25, 2010 4:01:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just got hit by the most ridiculous bug ever. A permasilence silencing me for 5 minutes untill I died. A little more explanation:

We played an all-random game, I got the queen (which sucks, but that's not the point right now), one of my enemies was sedna. The game was pretty laggy because someones connection was shit making the game already annoying but at some point soemthing really weird happened. We were in a fight and at some point sedna silenced me. This is nothing extraordinariry except that it didnt go away. all my abilities stayed red. I checked my mana, full. So I couldnt use abilities, change form, use items or summon idol minions. I tried going back to the health crystal. still silenced. couldnt do shit... I bought a port: silenced. the only thing that did work were minion idols which I bought after the silence started. The silence ended a few minutes later after I died.

Conclusion: WTF???

I saved the replay, ill check if it shows  what happened (replay is bugged as hell too) and if someone explains how i put my replay on the internet ill post it somewhere.

I hope this can be fixed because being silenced forever and ever till I die and respawn kinda feels like bullshit.

+1 Karma | 8 Replies
January 25, 2010 8:33:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Interesting. this happened to Janook as well yesterday when he was Queen. Dying also fixed the issue.

January 26, 2010 2:07:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is not silence. This is a bug with form schaning(IIRC)

January 26, 2010 3:57:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm, I think you might be onto something lifekatana. I wonder if the silence interupts the form switch. Should form switching be silenceable? Curiously enough, the lua states that it is unsilenceable, however if you are silenced the ability is not available.

Hmm.

January 26, 2010 5:01:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Interesting[/quote]

that's a way of looking at it... lol

[quote who="lifekatana" reply="2" id="2518612"]This is not silence. This is a bug with form schaning(IIRC)

I understand that this is not really silence but I used that word to explain what hapened. but im glad to see that at least ppl are aware of this bug (apparently, im not the only one who got hit by this) and I hope SD will fix this soon.

January 26, 2010 8:40:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ptarth,
Hmm, I think you might be onto something lifekatana. I wonder if the silence interupts the form switch. Should form switching be silenceable? Curiously enough, the lua states that it is unsilenceable, however if you are silenced the ability is not available.

Hmm.

I know that if you are interrupted while form switching you instantly switch forms. I have no idea if this is the case with Silence.

January 28, 2010 12:17:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We should get a test game going with Sedna and Queen and see if we can find a way to reproduce.

I volunteer tonight around 6:30 PM EST, assuming I can connect to the nat facilitator again.

January 28, 2010 6:16:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am on now, any takers to help reproduce this?

Look for a game called PermaSilence FTW

pass: test

I'll stick around for 30 minutes or so. Message me here if I don't respond, I'll probably be browsing these forums.

January 29, 2010 11:46:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pick me pick me

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.