The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

List of people using the Uberfix mod

By on January 24, 2010 4:34:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ptarth recently released UberFix mod V1, available here: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/374315

This is a collection of community-created bugfixes (many from Ptarth himself), and we would all benefit from widespread use of this mod online.  To this effect, if you have installed this mod, add your name to this post, and maybe when people see everyone using it, it will become commonplace.

Additionally, if you are having trouble finding games with this mod, try joining the following Vent server:

Host: Oxygen.typefrag.com
Port: 50216

Many top-level players (who are using this mod) idle/use that vent server, you should have no trouble finding someone to play with or against if you check there.

Current players using this mod:

Janook
Ptarth
Morpheas
Demibug
oo7_warhammer
Esuzu
Spooky__
rainland
Teseer
lifekatana
pacov
Ke5trel
synnworld
wallstop
BenjaminR

The list keeps growing and I'm tired of editing this post.  Just look at all the replys!

+2 Karma | 58 Replies
January 24, 2010 4:54:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It is just a thought, but we might try combining the UberFix mod with also trying to create a Ventrilo based community. By directing newbies and active players into an active Ventrilo channel we may be able to create the stable community that everyone seems to want. It would also have a domino effect.

Current active (good) players would be able to find games because of the number of current active (good) players. As the numbers of active players increase, the ease of finding a game will also increase. Likewise Noobs will be more likely to try and stay with the game if they have a consistent community to play with and to help them get better. I have no doubt that voice chat in demigods makes a huge difference. Being able to associate a voice with your teammates makes the experience much better and more personal. It also has huge advantages towards increasing the skill and coordination level in games. The few games I've managed to play over Ventrilo were tremendously different than the normal pickup games I usually get.

Lastly, by having an active ventrilo community of players, the efforts for a consistent patch base among players would also be much easier to achieve. I'm not saying that it would be easy, I am however suggesting it would probably be very useful.

January 24, 2010 4:59:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think that everyone is really pushing lagwars as being the "definitive" Ventrilo based demigod community. While I don't see "a lot" of demigod players, a good number of "top 200 players" hang out there. Of course, plenty of more average players hang out there too and I know that I (and other people, esp Macc) encourage newbs to come as well.

January 24, 2010 5:38:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I will use this,

dont know if having this mod will help your community as i am based in Australia, as such play in a different timeslot to you, and need the other aussies that play in my timeslot to get the mod too

January 24, 2010 6:29:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'll use this too. We need to push Stardock/GPG to add that mod to their official version.

January 24, 2010 7:12:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Esuzu,
I'll use this too. We need to push Stardock/GPG to add that mod to their official version.

It's pretty sad the community is more proactive about fixing issues than the developers are.

January 24, 2010 7:19:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Count me in, downloading right now.

January 24, 2010 7:51:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

new mod user reporting in

January 24, 2010 8:52:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hell yeah, I'm down!

Oh, on the request side. I'd say one out of every 10 of my fireballs as TB like...stop a foot away from the target and it starts going REALLLLY slow. If the person moved any real distance, it wont hit them and just slowly heads toward them till the projectile times out. I hate it.

But, ahem. Yes. I'll DL the mod next time I'm able to play for any games I see up!

January 24, 2010 9:37:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes.

January 24, 2010 11:58:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think that everyone is really pushing lagwars as being the "definitive" Ventrilo based demigod community.

Lagwars is the vent server that has the most demigod users on it.  There are 2 demigod clans that play there regularly (guild legends and clan pacov).

Lagwars Server

Host: Oxygen.typefrag.com

Port: 50216

I'm on board for this idea.  I will start using this mod.  I recommend perhaps hosting some passworded games suggesting people get this mod.

January 24, 2010 12:48:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

add me to the list, please

And Ptarth, you are great

January 24, 2010 1:03:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Add me to the list; fixing miniions got me downloaded.

January 24, 2010 1:42:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Add me to the list, and I'll be on vent if someone wishes to give me the password

January 24, 2010 1:45:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting wallstop,
Add me to the list, and I'll be on vent if someone wishes to give me the password
I don't even know how to get there

January 24, 2010 1:51:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well, I think there is more sense in making a list, who LIKES/PREFERS this Mod and wants it to be an official update.

so: *sign*

January 24, 2010 2:01:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ill support this kind of progress. Ill download it and use it if I see a room.

January 24, 2010 2:15:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting wallstop,

pw sent

January 24, 2010 4:32:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Please please, fix suicide. UB is fucking OP as is, he doesn't need to be able to cheat his killers out of killreward, this is retarded.

January 24, 2010 4:39:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lifekatana,
Please please, fix suicide. UB is fucking OP as is, he doesn't need to be able to cheat his killers out of killreward, this is retarded.
I almost broke my mouse trying to quote this so hard. BS, BS I say!

Oh, and I'm TESEER, not TESSER

Hurray EQ random name gen.

January 24, 2010 4:47:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Guys this thread is not for requests or discussing the mod, just for shouting out that you use it.

If you want to discuss the mod, go here: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/374323

January 24, 2010 4:50:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That was more then likely my bad. Sorry

Edit: Me being the first to ask for one. I moved it to the main thread.

January 24, 2010 5:04:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

im using this now too. I am up for vent, but have no pw.

January 24, 2010 5:19:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'll use it.

January 24, 2010 6:17:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you can just join the vent and pm someone in guild legends or clan pacov for the pw.  There are plenty of public channels you can idle in as well. 

January 24, 2010 7:01:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Downloaded.  Will use this (and hopefully try out lagwar's vent) when I get the chance.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000828   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.