The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

UberFix v1.02

By on January 23, 2010 11:15:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ptarth

Join Date 02/2007
+90

UberFix

The UberFix is a compilation of bugfixes for Demigods version 1.2. The patches incorporated into the mod
are listed below along with the creator of the patch.

Download:

v1.02

Installer format: www.box.net (Recommended Download)

filesize: 334,609 bytes

MD5 Checksum: 5322667e9be4dbd0fc9cb44823a6dc81

Source Code: www.box.net

Old Versions

v1.01

Installer format: www.box.net

filesize: 322,544 bytes (Downloaded 223 times)

Source Code: www.box.net

v1.00

Downloaded 178 times 

zip format:  16.5 KB  v1.00 Mediafire  v1.00 Box.net  

exe format: 301.2KB v1.00 Box.net  

Currently Included Patches

Uberfix 1.02 

1. Lord Erebus Poisoned Blood Potion Fix by Ptarth
    • Poisoned Blood Potions can no longer be used by Lord Erebus to farm himself. He and his teammates treat his Poisoned Blood Potions as regular potions now.
  2. Oculus Electrocution Fix by Ptarth
    • Health and Mana regeneration are now correctly stopped.
  3. Torch Bearer Projectile slowdown Fix by Ptarth
    • Toch Bearer's fireballs and fireblasts now correctly accelerate to maximum speed when their target moves a great distance. This includes his Fireball Ability.
  4. Unclean Beast Ooze Suicide Fix by Ptarth
    • Ooze now correctly ends when the Unclean Beast is low on Health.
  5. Oculus Sacrifice Fix by Ptarth
    • Sacrifice now will heal allied units.
  6. Unclean Beast Post Mortem Plague Conflict Fix by Exxcentric
    • Plague I and II no longer remove the Post Mortem death effect.
  7. Rook Move Attack Fix by Ptarth
    • Rook now attacks while moving correctly.

UberFix 1.01

1. Lord Erebus Mist Form Fix by Ptarth
    • updated to end when mana drops below 125.
  2. ZikFix (Zikurat Tower Fix) by mrappard
    • The Dark side towers on Zikurat while playing Conquest now spawn correctly, instead of at warscore 6.
  3. Orb of Veiled Storms Fix by Ptarth (bug reported by awuffleablehedgie)
    • The Orb of Veiled Storms now deals ArmorImmune damage like every other demigod ability and weapon ability (except for the Doomspite Grips and Girdle of Giants, which have a cleave attack).

UberFix 1.00

1. Minion +hp Fix by Ptarth
    • Minions summoned by Demigods Generals [Sedna, Lord Erebus, Oak, Queen of Thorns, Oculus] with +minion hp items now have the correct health
  2. Oculus Brain Storm Fix by Ptarth
    • Brain Storm now has a visual effect at all levels, instead of only when Oculus has Mental Agility
    • Brain Storm now removes debuffs on targeted unit as specified by the rollover tooltip text
  3. Queen of Thorns Attack Animation Glitch Fix by Ptarth
    • Reduced the lifetime of the QoT's root attack animation to make the animation look better.
    • This is only a cosmetic change.
  4. Oculus Lightning Ball Summons Fix by Ptarth
    • Lightning Balls will no longer summon in map void space.
  5. Oculus Lightning Blast Fix by Ptarth
    • Lightning Blast now occurs at the origin of the target instead of the origin of the unit that procs the effect.
  6. Missing Oculus Shield Effect Fix by Ptarth
    • Oculus now has a visible Shield effect.
  7. Heart of Life and Wings of the Seraphim Healing ends effect Fix by Ptarth (awuffleablehedgie provided starter code)
    • The Heart of Life and Wings of Seraphim no longer stop their regeneration effects when the user is healed.
  8. Parasite Egg and Sludge Slinger Partial Fix by Ptarth
    • Changed the Parasite Egg and Sludge Slinger so they can be used, although it isn't perfect.

Current Buglist (Todo list: Verified and replicatable)

1. Rook Shoulder weapons having target locking issues
    • I thought I had something to fix it. However, I'm having problems replicating the effect to test it.
  2. Fix the skill queue.
    •  Eg, if you tell a UB to grasp he tries to get into melee range and execute the grasp. If you tell him to spit, then it gets thrown to the back of the skill queue and he doesn't spit, he continues to follow like an r'tard. To fix it you have to issue a move command, then spit.
    • AbilityTask.lua has the functions related to this. There are many interesting things in it.
    • After finishing a command the demigod reverts to an attack/move order if previously moving towards a target
  3. AA targeting issues
    • Like how Oak frequently swings with his Axe and does no damage or how Sedna will stand by a target without attacking
    • This may be linked to the Rook Shoulder weapon problem or the command queue
    • (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/356419)
    • Demon Assassin stops auto-attack after warp strike. It should continue to attack the locked target... this would be natural.
  4. Rollover Data Error on flag tooltip while being captured behind fog of war.
  5. Demigods do not resume auto-attack immediately or change targets after using an ability.
  6. UB Post Mortem damage does not count as UB damage for the purpose of awarding gold.
  7. Move order is canceled when using effects (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/356694). The move order is turned into an auto-attack order.
  8. Inaccurate health bar on zoom in (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/356347)
  9. Language for engine messages (xxx has left, xxx has joined...) in game lobby uses the hosts language setting (this should be the users language setting): my russian is a bit rusty!
  10. Torchbearer respawns in Ice mode by default. This should be the last used mode (Fire/Ice)! Same for QoT.
  11. Queuing to grab a potion and then being Foul Grasped while picking up the potion and then UB getting Shadow Swaps allows you to pick up the potion instantly as long as you have contiguous line of sight. I've been able to do this roughly 25 in-game yards away.
  12. When a demigod switches primary weapon the window information doesn't update properly (mainly a QoT issue)
    1. This is a visual glitch, the weapon does change, but the window does not update correctly.
  13. Oculus cannot autoattack directly beneath him

Bugs Requiring Research List (requires verification and a reliable replication method)

1. Light/Dark capping all flags creates "Invalid Game State" error (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/362132)
    1. This happens enough to know that there is an issue, but without a way to replicate it reliably it is beyond me to fix
  2. Torch Bearer's stat progression for PermaFrost Movement Debuff is 3%/10%/15%. It should probably be 5%/10%/15%
  3. "War Score" display at each teams' citadel is incorrect.
    • It shows the average of the two teams' warscore, it really should show just yours.
    • The citadels look to upgrade correctly.
  4. Minions still get stuck in citadels
    • Need a map person to look into hedgie's proposed fix idea
  5. Oculus's Ball Lightnings attack animation sometimes sticks with permanent bolt from minion to target.
  6. Oculus's Chain Lightning effect sticks until his or target's death if target teleports during cast.
  7. Oculus sometimes becomes unresponsive after using Blast Off.
  8. Sedna's Silence debuff never expires under certain circumstances.
  9. Oculus moves very slowly when selected with Ball Lightnings.
  10. Pathing issues on Prison
  11. Selling Monk idols sometimes destroy summoning button
    • To replicate: Summon Monks, Sell Monks (while idol is recharging), Buy a different type of idol (siege archer or warrior, possibly any other item too), Buy new Monk Idol. I can't replicate this any more for some reason.

Current Unfixable Errors (Can't do list)

1. Sedna's low quality Silence effect causes speakers to silence
    1. Unfixable since we can't access and change the sound files
    2. Setting sound quality to medium fixes this for most people.
  2. Ping times periodically spike in-game (despite sufficient upload bandwidth).
    1. This is not handleable within lua
  3. Multi-game achievements fail to record progress properly.
    1. This is controlled by Impulse
  4. Overlay friend chat buttons constantly reappear.
    1. Controlled by Impulse
  5. Game result stats include players who joined and left lobby before match start.
    1. Controlled by Impulse?
  6. demigods.exe is looking for version 1.20.211 but is version 1.20.214 with the last patch
    1. GPG compiles the exe
  7. warning: 00:03:04: Granny: FileReading (c:\Work\forge\main\code\src\libs\granny\granny_file_info.cpp(152): File has run-time type tag of 0x8000002d, which doesn't match this version of Granny (0x80000026).  Automatic conversion will be attempted.)
    info: 00:03:04: Total Material Count: 24 Total Mesh Count: 24
    info: 00:03:05: Can't find texture "/env/common/layers/none_normal.dds" -- trying fallback.
    1. Internal and Granny related, all GPG accessible only
  8. Oculus Stun Animation does not loop fluidly
    1. The animations are scripted in Granny which we don't have access to.
  9. Demon Assassin's movie on the character select screen was filmed using the wrong skin.
    1. The movie was made using Granny and Bink, we don't have access to Granny
  10. Assorted replay playback issues
  11. Game result stats include players who joined and left lobby before match start.

Current Nonbugs (Feature List)

1. Mana/Health loss on item drop (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/360939)
    • Working as intended I believe
  2. Oak's Shield can be interrupted
    • This is most likely a lag effect
  3. Scroll of Restoration doesn't cure stuns
    • The scroll only affects debuffs, not stuns

Bugs Fixed by Previous Official Patches (SD & GPG fixed it list)(not complete, just ones that come up)

1. Match ending while dead results in "wind" effect persisting until game is closed.
  2. Sound looping issue (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/356935).

Current Potential Additions to the BugFix (Addition list)
    1. SkillInfoMod
    2. AIMod by Peppe

Current Semi-Active Project Members

Ptarth - guy who does stuff

awuffleablehedgie - guy who finds bugs

UhelligGudn - new guy with lots of energy

Plea to Community

If we want Stardock and Gas Powered Games to increase their support of Demigods, we need to demonstrate our commitment and our willingness to support it. If we want to accomplish anything worthwhile to demonstrate our commitment, we need to work together. If you have time, please consider helping out. Every little bit helps.

Locked Post 519 Replies +12
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 23, 2010 11:32:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You are a DemiGod good sir!

January 24, 2010 12:07:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

oh no another thread to bump every few days T_T

j/k j/k good job man, thanks for working for the community!

January 24, 2010 12:33:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is excellent, great work Ptarth.  I really hope that you will maintain and update this.

I think we should all start using this online.  Most active players are on the forums, it would not be difficult to spread the word and have everyone using this.

Starting now, I'll be hosting games with UberFix v1

Thanks again PTarth!

January 24, 2010 1:55:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

will you be able to apply the partial fix to Sludge Slinger + Parasite egg as well?

January 24, 2010 2:18:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Comments

Quoting awuffleablehedgie,
will you be able to apply the partial fix to Sludge Slinger + Parasite egg as well?

Oops. I actually added it, I just forgot to include it in the readme.txt. I've updated the readme.

Incidentally, your Hearth of Life fix was mostly correct, but I had to change it a little to work.

UberFix Organization

I think it would be a good idea to consolidate the bug hunting and fixing efforts in one place. I'd suggest that this thread (or the thread in general that Maccilia started) would be the most appropriate. Also, the regularly bumping of the error threads isn't accomplishing anything. Either SD knows about them or they are ignoring it, in either case bumping them seems to be a waste. I'd really like it if people could spend some of the time they spend bumping helping out here. I'm going to try to point more of the threads into this consolidated thread. I'm also going to clean up the job list to make it more manageable.

January 24, 2010 3:16:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hey, could you adapt your "map void" fix (or just find a way) to prevent monks from getting stuck in citadels?

Another UI bug is sometimes when buying and selling minion idols,  your minion idol summon button disappears. This occurs, I think, with the following steps:

1) Summon Monks

2) Sell Monks

3) Buy a different type of idol

4) Buy new Monk Idol

You can get to it if you bring up your character screen and then click the Idol, but that's a lot of work and really bad when you're in the heat of combat.

Also, the "War Score" display at each teams' citadel is incorrect. It shows the average of the two teams' warscore, it really should show just yours.

Also, could you maybe fix the skill queue? Eg, if you tell a UB to grasp he tries to get into melee range and execute the grasp. If you tell him to spit, then it gets thrown to the back of the skill queue and he doesn't spit, he continues to follow like an r'tard. To fix it you have to issue a move command, then spit.

Do you also have anyway to fix the autoattack bugs that demigods suffer? Like how Oak frequently swings with his Axe and does no damage or how Sedna will stand by a target like an r'tard

January 24, 2010 4:02:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
  1. Minions getting stuck in citadels
    1. I'm not familiar with map mechanics really. I can put it on the list, but I don't have much of an idea of how to deal with it at the moment.
    2. To "fix" the issue in earlier versions they increased the aversion of minions towards structures and also reduced turning speed. I'm guessing this results in them being "clumsy" and less likely to manage to get inside a structure.
    3. I've also noticed at times that monks tend to go in circle patterns when trying to get around buildings. They also don't know about structures, as evidenced by them being able to move through structures when map files are altered.
  2. Monk UI buttons dissappearing
    1. It should be on the list
    2. I've not done much with the UI system, others would be better suited for this one.
  3. Skill queues
    1. This is a problem that has intrigued me, along with the AI programming.
    2. It should be on the list.
  4. AutoAttack Targetting
    1. Fire TB also has an issue like this.
    2. It is a curious problem, it should go on the list.

So, I guess I can offer a whole lot of, I can look into it, and not much else.

On the flip side, want a job collecting and documenting bugs? I could use a handsome, wise, and famous hedgie like yourself.

January 24, 2010 4:23:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1. I'm not familiar with map mechanics really. I can put it on the list, but I don't have much of an idea of how to deal with it at the moment.

How I understand, there is a bitmap file that has black/white to control where units can and cannot go. It seems like makign the citadel a little defined int he back corners would fix it, or maybe there were is a few spots that were missed.

You should also make it so that UB's ROAR noise isn't looped continously because that drives me insane >.< (not that I get the chance to play UB much, but still). That may be a lobby issue and that isnt moddable, correct?

January 24, 2010 4:27:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting awuffleablehedgie,

You should also make it so that UB's ROAR noise isn't looped continously because that drives me insane >.< (not that I get the chance to play UB much, but still). That may be a lobby issue and that isnt moddable, correct?

Let's keep the uberfix mod focused on bugfixes so we don't get into debates over what it should and should not include.

I'm trying to get as many pepole as I can to use this mod, I'd appreciate help spreading the word!

January 24, 2010 6:27:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice work Ptarth! The SkillInfoMod would be very nice if it were to be included.

January 24, 2010 8:15:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

January 24, 2010 9:00:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You're undeniably the man Ptarth! Glad to see this in action. I need to get my ass in gear and start actually doing something mod wise.

But oh, from the other forum if anyone else can figure it out...

"I'd say 1 out of every 10 of my fireballs as TB like...stop a foot away from the target and it starts going REALLLLY slow. If the person moved any real distance, it wont hit them and just slowly heads toward them till the projectile times out. I hate it."

January 24, 2010 10:17:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/370198 unless they fixed the map thing in the last patch

January 24, 2010 12:00:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

nt

January 24, 2010 12:07:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm using this now as well.  Thanks!

January 24, 2010 12:13:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting mrappard,
https://forums.demigodthegame.com/370198 unless they fixed the map thing in the last patch

The hosting account is still suspended. Can you give me details of the fix so I can check to see if they fixed it or not?

Also, given that you are probably the most experienced when it comes to maps, what do you know about minions being trapped in the citadel?

"I'd say 1 out of every 10 of my fireballs as TB like...stop a foot away from the target and it starts going REALLLLY slow. If the person moved any real distance, it wont hit them and just slowly heads toward them till the projectile times out. I hate it."

Can you give me something more specific about when it happens?

January 24, 2010 12:23:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

finally a mod which everyone really should use!

January 24, 2010 12:24:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wish I could man. It doesn't seem to have anything special going on. Just sometimes fireball stops and slowly moved.

I'll go through my replays when I can and show you what I mean. I don't remember where/when it happens, but I'll find it.

I might of exagerated on how often it happens, just feels that much . It sometimes happens multiple times a game, sometimes not at all.

Happens on every map and against every DG though.

January 24, 2010 12:53:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Has anyone ever reported the glitch where monks can get stuck inside the citadel?

January 24, 2010 12:53:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,
I wish I could man. It doesn't seem to have anything special going on. Just sometimes fireball stops and slowly moved.

I'll go through my replays when I can and show you what I mean. I don't remember where/when it happens, but I'll find it.

I might of exagerated on how often it happens, just feels that much . It sometimes happens multiple times a game, sometimes not at all.

Happens on every map and against every DG though.

1. Is this the Fireball spell or the Fire TB autoattack?
  2. If it is the ability, does it effect all levels of it, or one specifically?
  3. Do you think it might have something with moving in and out of range, or perhaps in and out of instant hit range?
  4. Is the target moving/not moving when the fireball slows down?
January 24, 2010 1:00:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1. Fireball Spell
2. All levels
3. I've had it happen at any range. Extream close/far.
4. They're always moving. I've yet to see it happen if someone is standing still. I'm thinking...maybe it's if someone changes direction AFTER fireball is cast? Like it heads to where they WOULD of been then starts it's crawl? If that was true, it would happen much more often...I have LONG range Fireballs all the time with huge air times not be hurt by someone moving. I've even had it follow after a TP (That is, the fireball is live, then the TP goes off and it still follows)

Once I get some free time I'm gunna do some testing.

...Then again my girlfriend fried my laptop so it will be rather limited testing, lol.

January 24, 2010 3:26:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This sounds great. If I get some time ( been busy with other things of late, hence my disappearance..again ), I might look into some of these.

Also:

Ping times periodically spike in-game (despite sufficient upload bandwidth).

1. This is not handleable within lua

This might actually be fixable. I have seen some stuff dealing with ping in a lua file before. I think the ping function itself is not accessible, but all of the uses of it are done in lua. It is probable the error is on the lua side, and worst case scenario we could test simply removing it. It is possible this would even improve performance a bit.

If it had to be removed, you may not want it in this pure fix patch obviously, but I think something may be possible still.

January 24, 2010 5:38:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That is incredible work.  Great job.  Is'nt it sad though, GPG should have been taking care of all this LONG ago.  So sad that customers have to fix the stuff because the company won't. . .

January 24, 2010 5:41:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It only took like what...a year for the patch for FA to fix everything the community fixed?

January 24, 2010 6:04:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ,

Oak Shield IV can be broken through

Can someone verify? Hedgie said he had a fix, but I didn't see anything wrong when I glanced at the code.

i can confirm this,i can't find i replay of it, but i had a sedna cast max lvl pounce 2 seconds into a shield. It applied the damage and interrupted my teleport (scroll)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000593   Page Render Time: