The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Impress me please!!! [Or at least challenge yourself]

By on January 18, 2010 10:03:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

DISCLAIMER: Feel free to play any style [demis, builds, maps, gametype] that you have fun with-- that IS the point of playing a game.

That being said, I know this is not a new concept, but in the spirit of variety and avoiding boredom after playing alot of games-- IMPRESS ME PLEASE by destroying me and/or anyone in my game with reg/tb/qot or even da!!  I'm not saying that I've never been donkey-punched by these characters, because I have-- or that they are universally wekaer-- what I'm saying is that I wish that more mid-high level players would challenge themselves by competing against skilled competitors with someone other than ub/oak/ere (and maybe occ soon). 

THIS IS NOT A COURTROOM TO PROVE YOUR POINT ABOUT TIERS/STRENGTHS-WEAKNESSES OF DEMIS!!!!!!!!!!!      Sooooo tired of threads turning into that.  And I know in some high level games if you are against A+B+C the you have to pick blah blah blah to have a chance....whatever.  Challenge yourself.

Basically, "oooooooh you killed me ub/oak/ere!!!!  I'm soooooo impressed...."   Not.  Almost anyone decent in this game can compete with those characters-- some with rook or sedna too-- but until you can master (or at least be VERY GOOD with) those demis that take the most skill to kill others or not die with, I remain unimpressed.    

Finally: for those of you who have mastered all demis, congratulations, this thread is not for you; and for those of you who could care less about impressing me [hopefully everyone reading this] then do it to challenge yourself/test your skills.  Happy gaming!

0 Karma | 27 Replies
January 18, 2010 10:17:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm down to do a premade vs premade with this combo with people here. I call TB

January 18, 2010 10:38:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'll play you with queen. Or rook. Or squishies.

January 18, 2010 10:56:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maybe some day I'll play someone other then TB, lol.

January 18, 2010 1:16:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ahhh, the choir speaks!  LOL, maybe I'm preaching to the choir..... 

LOL Lifekatana- I'll play you anytime for fun   This post wasn't meant as a challenge at all.  Although, I haven't been totally powned  by a qot yet so it would be REALLY fun and interesting! [esp. after I watch the replay]

January 18, 2010 1:19:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/1194306/player/51161/

so you don't remember this game mate?

That was quite a stomp...Dundoon raged

January 18, 2010 1:59:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That doesn't really show a lot tbh. You could be a decent qot and just farm up favor with buildings/reinforcements/deaths/whatever, favor isn't the problem for her majesty.

January 18, 2010 4:19:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Moooooooo Moooooooo Rocket Cow!

January 18, 2010 4:44:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting shred_demon,
http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/1194306/player/51161/

so you don't remember this game mate?

That was quite a stomp...Dundoon raged

That was a stomp!!!  But mostly because LiveinPeace sucked it up!! And while we both know you are a very good player shred, and you did play a mean queen, I was not uber impressed with her that game... So it doesnt fit in my definition of being powned by her cause talent wise ur team was stacked.  It is funny however that people that already play these characters are apparently the only ones reading this. 

January 18, 2010 4:47:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That last line confused me. Maybe I'm too sober.

January 18, 2010 4:47:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Cowbuttzex,
Moooooooo Moooooooo Rocket Cow!

LMAO, LOL, ROFL, are there any other ways to say died laughing in a game?!?!?!  I have never laughed so hard in the middle of a game in my life...  Maybe I was just in a laughing mood, but it sure was a fun and funny game man!  They don't have an emoticon that could express my emotion that game... Can I give u 6 favor points for making me laugh that hard?

January 18, 2010 5:26:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'll play those characters any day of the week so long as it's not against oak/er/ub teams all day long (which it almost always is). 

It's really stupid how much monks obliterate most of regs early game usefulness.

January 18, 2010 6:14:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I played an Oak/Sed/Rook vs DA/TB/Reg yesterday. It was fun as hell.

January 18, 2010 10:01:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I played an Oak/Sed/Rook vs DA/TB/Reg yesterday. It was fun as hell.

I totally agree.  Its alot of fun getting games going using the less OP dgs (not to say that oak/sed/rook is weak ).

January 19, 2010 12:33:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Im good with all DGs what do I do?

That said my worst are DA and Reg but...

January 19, 2010 12:47:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Played you yeahneil, unfortunanently due to my fucking retarded teammates, I couldn't really show what a good queen can do. Seriously, my erebus walked straight into base AT LEVEL 3. No ports, no healthstack. Rook got BotS etc.

January 19, 2010 2:53:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Here's the replay. Right at the end, Sedna bitched about 'bad team-mates' but...I think the Rook and Oak did pretty good. If anything it was the Sedna being the weak link.

Edit: Erum...right. Link: http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/replays.php?game=51&tab=upcoming&show=details&id=107719

January 19, 2010 3:33:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Uhm, well I wouldn't call exactly call gimler good, or even decent and I think I have bad memories abotu log floater too. So.

January 19, 2010 4:22:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It was a fun game, not saying it was like epicness

January 19, 2010 8:25:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Anyone tried playing prison with oak/ub/qot?  In my experience it's probably one of the strongest combinations for that map.

January 20, 2010 8:54:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's one of the best if not better on cataract as well>.>

January 20, 2010 9:08:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

funny, I played a DA+reg+sedna combo againt a ub+oak+erebus for the same reason - a challenge. It didn't quite work, mostly because we lacked stuns late game and they could easily take portals (cataract)

January 20, 2010 9:48:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

DA+reg is good for kills, but you lose out on so much power. Sedna + squishies is never a good one. Replace one with rook or TB adn you have a much better matchup.

January 23, 2010 9:59:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like playing as an underdog team. You find some strange combos of skills that are fun to use together.

I've been really wanting to do a good TB and QoT. Any QoT's down? I really want to capitalize on the Ground Spikes with TB's +100 weapon dmg at lvl 1.

January 23, 2010 11:03:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,
I like playing as an underdog team. You find some strange combos of skills that are fun to use together.

I've been really wanting to do a good TB and QoT. Any QoT's down? I really want to capitalize on the Ground Spikes with TB's +100 weapon dmg at lvl 1.
sure just let me know when.

January 23, 2010 11:11:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sure let me know when.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.