The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Please change Pantheon

we need to revive it

By on January 15, 2010 6:04:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pantheon seems to be dieing right now:

Many people probably do not want to put up against a General only team anymore (as Assassin). Therfore, only the Dark side is stacked, at least since last week:

Which in turn means that Pantheon games are getting rarer. And that means that the current Tournament will take even longer. Still 113,161 favor points to go for the Generals.

In order to revive Pantheon I think it's important to finally remove the Light Side / Dark Side distinction, at least for the match up. If there are 4 people in the queue, just let them play a 2v2, regardless of their side. If the match maker matches up any combinations, 3v3s and even 4v4s will happen more often again in Pantheon and people will play it more because they will never have to wait that long anymore.

The only problem is the Tournament itself now. A simple solution would be to simply add the favor points gained by one player to his side. That would mean of course, that in a game were only Light Side players play against each other, only the Light Side can get points. And thus will imbalance the whole Tournament. Personally I do not care that much for the Tournament. I would care, if there were many people playing Pantheon, but that's not the case. I think it's important now to focus on reviving Pantheon by the aforementioned methods instead of looking how well the Tournament concept itself is implemented.

An other idea would be to only add favor points to the sides, if the match up contains an actual Light side vs. Dark side match. This would essentially combine Skirmish and Pantheon into one queue and would therefore be the best solution you could make. However, the progression of favor points in the Tournament would certainly slow down then. This could be accomodated by lowering the goal for a Tournament.

As far as I understand it, these are changes that Stardock can make purely on their backend, without introducing any changes to Demigod itself.

What do you guys think? And more importantly, what does Stardock think?

+74 Karma | 15 Replies
January 15, 2010 7:03:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think there is no other way to keep Pantheon alive in the long run than to allow player of FoL and FoD to play on the same team. If the changes Spooky sugested are implemented Pantheon would greatly profit IMO. The changes to the point system sound like a good idea as well if SD wants to keep the L vs. D system in place.

January 17, 2010 10:15:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hm... bump... really thought more people would be interested in reviving Pantheon as a simple auto-matchmaking service.

January 17, 2010 10:30:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Generals vs Assassins is good but not interesting. lot of players take erebus/oak so those 2 are really good vs general. Since there is no bots......pantheon take age to finish...maybe the next tournament will change.

January 17, 2010 10:46:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm just looking forward to ready to play to get going.

January 17, 2010 12:15:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky__,
Hm... bump... really thought more people would be interested in reviving Pantheon as a simple auto-matchmaking service.

I agree to both the initial poster and this. I don't care for the outcome of the tournaments, I wonder if anyone does. I care about getting a team (not 1v1) match going as fast as possible.

January 18, 2010 2:44:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, games take too long to be started until teams have found. In addition some 3vs3 or even 4vs4 would be nice. Nowadays I mostly get 1on1s which are frustating if playing Reg vs Erebus or Oak.

Hope they change at least the matchup of Assassins vs Generals.

January 18, 2010 4:37:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is Stardocks fault! Bringing back Crucible and 1v1 into this Pantheon was the death of this Panthoen tourney. Most of us dont like to play 1v1, because 2v2 or 3v3 are much more fun.

Most of the Assassins player are bored about all the 1v1 on Crucible or Fortress mode, both give Generals an significant advantage.

1,000.000 favor points to end a tourney are to much now, because no AI games. (Thank you god for this! Best idea since release date)

Open all Demigods to both sides (light and dark). When a player starts to participate the tourney, he should get to light or dark randomly.

January 23, 2010 8:52:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No reply from Stardock and they just started another Assassins vs. Generals Tournament

January 24, 2010 6:55:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky__,
No reply from Stardock and they just started another Assassins vs. Generals Tournament

EDIT: They just made me eat my words by resetting Pantheon, though I'm glad to be proven wrong.

January 26, 2010 6:00:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, let's hope Pantheon gets a little bit more playable now. But still, I think they should change it entirely, as described above. Or at least comment on it .

January 26, 2010 6:42:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Assasins versus Generals does not work. Generals have too much of an advantage. They should get rid of the light side, dark side angle, just have a player leaderboard and let you pick any of the characters and once there's 4-6 players in the Q, off you go. Simples. 1 v 1 sucks and should only be an option in custom games.

January 26, 2010 7:02:32 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Pantheon is worth playing again now? Cool.

Kind of wish it was just a matchmaking service with no sides for faster matchmaking but not the end of the world.

February 6, 2010 4:59:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The change back to Light vs. Dark did not bring an improvement. Pantheon is currently at a new low and the Dark side is stacked again.

Please Stardock,

I implore you to reconsider.

February 8, 2010 8:41:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree, pantheon needs to be more like skirmish.

March 17, 2010 7:33:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hm, no Stardock love?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000453   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.