The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[no text] Loading screen since occ update?

By on January 13, 2010 9:13:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Has anyone else been getting this?  I don't know what the bug is called but it's happened before a time or two in demigod, but after restarting the game went away.  Since the patch today I can start a SP tournament, but have not been able to start a skirmish or MP custom game.   Is there a quick fix I'm missing?  Hangs on the load screen w/ the map in the background, w/ the map name in the screen center, but [no txt] where game type should be.  Thanks for any help

+1 Karma | 6 Replies
January 13, 2010 9:18:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This sometimes happens when I mess up something in a mod I'm making. The solution for me is to fix my stupid error. If you aren't running any mods and haven't changed anything you might just reinstall and see if that fixes it. I'd blame Windows for being inherently unstable and causing file corruptions. (If you are more technical minded you can check the log file or use the debugger, but reinstalling is the simple solution.)

January 13, 2010 10:08:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think this is a bad game prefs file try deleting that?

January 13, 2010 10:46:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yup... you delete game.prefs and you are all set.

January 14, 2010 12:58:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Happened to me a lot recently, game.prefs fix helps, but then it happens again.  My current guess is that it happens when I select Occulus when another player doesn't have him, but I dunno.

January 14, 2010 11:03:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Grrrr..... Wish I was not an impatient trick.  I got frustrated and deleted the whole Demigod file, but oh well, thanks for the help guys.  Guess it doesnt really matter anyway, but do u guys remember the file locations to give myself another 10k favor on single player for new builds/etc.?   Thanks again!

January 14, 2010 12:38:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The path for me is:   C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Demigod

the file is game.prefs. 

search for points and set it to a higher number.  For instance,  Points = 99999,

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000047   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.