The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Chosing Occ, but playing as DA

By on January 13, 2010 6:52:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When i go to log in to multiplayer to unlock Occ, he is unselectable for me, but selectable for AI.  When i go to select him for the AI to play to see if he would work, the game showed both Occ, and DA selected, and the AI would play as DA for the game.

Any ideas or ways to unlock Occ, i have visited the DL link where you input your email, and i have logged on to multiplayer but he is still not selectable.

0 Karma | 16 Replies
January 13, 2010 6:56:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

donw worry its not your fault its Stardocks fault. even if you follow it by the book you cant unlock him yet. those who have Oc said they did this they did that. ive done them all all didnt work

January 13, 2010 6:59:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Have you done the email thing to get your code yet?

If not, just go to view history on Demigod (right click in Impulse, instead of running the game), it will show you something you can copy and paste to go to the Stardock store.  When you get your email it will give you a code and have a blank description on how to download... its confusing cause you don't need to do anything else... just go to multiplayer and he should be selectable.

January 13, 2010 7:00:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i did the email thing.  He isnt selectable for me, but is for AI, but when the game starts instead of there being an occlus on my team, there is a DA

January 13, 2010 7:06:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you want to make absolutely sure, you can try these steps:

- uninstall Demigod completely

- delete the Demigod folder in your My Games directory

- close Impulse and execute this registry key: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/373670/get;2506128

- reinstall Demigod

- start Demigod as Administrator and log into online Multiplayer

Alternatively try step 2, 3 and 5 first, without uninstalling Demigod, if you don't want to go through that.

January 13, 2010 7:15:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Black, you tried in a Multiplayer game?  If not, thats the issue.

Host a game, play the AI, select Occ.

January 13, 2010 7:24:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah i hosted, thats where im having this trouble. i can select the AI for occ, but when the game starts, insated of occ there is DA

January 13, 2010 7:36:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Did you run demigod as an administrator?

January 13, 2010 8:25:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Blacktine, I've reproduced the problem with your account. Everybody else I've looked at from the forums has worked (esp if I added it to their account with the webpage, which some didn't do). Yours... not so much.

Kris

January 13, 2010 8:29:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Black, I had the exact same problem. Just uninstall Demigod and reinstall it.

The new update is a little fail.

January 13, 2010 8:38:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Finally a work around that fixed my Occulus not showing up.I hosted a MP game and he showed up.Did NOT work by just logging into MP.Thanks Thundercles for the fix.

January 13, 2010 8:48:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Nakor,
Blacktine, I've reproduced the problem with your account. Everybody else I've looked at from the forums has worked (esp if I added it to their account with the webpage, which some didn't do). Yours... not so much.

Kris

So basically your answer to him is that you cant help him? He will not get Occulus?

I dont get it 

January 13, 2010 8:52:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hell they locked the "updating" thread where I was trying to get my problem fixed.

January 13, 2010 10:10:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It means it'll have to be looked at in the morning.

Guys, chill out.  The thing hasn't even been announced yet.  It'll get solved tomorrow and then we'll do the formal announcement and all will be right in the world.

January 13, 2010 11:54:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

EDIT: Never mind.

January 14, 2010 1:12:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
It means it'll have to be looked at in the morning.

Guys, chill out.  The thing hasn't even been announced yet.  It'll get solved tomorrow and then we'll do the formal announcement and all will be right in the world.

AH you have invented something to solve the worlds energy needs, I am so excited to see what you came up with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WEWT!!!!!

January 14, 2010 4:11:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well, i uninstalled and reinstalled and currently updating, so heres to hoping that solves the issue, if not, well, i got 9 other DG to toy with

*edit* yup, reinstalling worked just fine, occ is there and playable

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000140   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.