The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Assasin Erebus vs Hybrid/minion

By on January 13, 2010 3:32:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Now with the HoB nerf minion builds seem a bit gimped, so I thought hybrid was finally king now: good pushing power, good damage and enough team utility to keep up. But apart from early lanecontrol scenarios nightcrawlers become less and less usefull, and I'll much rather have an early super stun that makes an guaranteed lock. And this is maybe controversial but imho compared to other generals(cept sedna ofc) nightcrawlers are way overrated and not that good. Spirits can mass on a target much easier than nightcrawlers who are way only better early game for lane control.

Am I doing it wrong or do others share my sentiments?

P.S.Assasin erebus= just one point in coven.

+18 Karma | 10 Replies
January 14, 2010 5:04:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree with u. I have almost always followed this formula:

Assasin erebus= just one point in coven.
I will even add more 1 point in mist, 1 in blood, rest for bite, charm, bat. and there you have the best erebus build IMHO.

January 14, 2010 11:49:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Blood is useless. You shouldnt die ever, so potion is useless and the hps you get is nothing compared to monks: betetr get more stun.

January 14, 2010 12:42:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nightcrawlers get their strength vs DG following a bite.

I look at it this way.

Stun protects nightcrawlers, so I don't need coven. Stun allows me to land a bite and get my crawlers on you. More is better in this regard.

Stun 1 is great for disrupting slow casts, stun 10 is great to have the time to do what you want.
Stun 2/3 are not so good as they don't allow me the time of stun 4, they cost more mana and really only do the same thing as stun 1 (disrupot slow casts) and creeps are not a problem at that time.

In retrospect, the difference between my hybrid and assassin build is when I take stun vs coven and taking the second point of bat swarm to increase the radius to 20 for the assassin. At level 20, my assassin and hybrid build look almost the exact same. 

January 14, 2010 10:24:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Am I doing it wrong or do others share my sentiments?

Well... it depends.... I've come to the conclusion that when soloing a lane vs oak ereb or ub as ereb minion is far better... but if you are playing on voice/with a good team (pug or not) and setting up ganks stun is better but... well... it depends

I've had this debate with several people and the reality is that there is no easy answer...

January 21, 2010 3:25:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

anyone have a link to a good assassin or hybrid build?

January 21, 2010 4:28:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
This is my "hybrid" build for LE:
1.  bite I
2.  coven I
3.  mist I
4.  bite II
5.  bat swarm I
6.  blood I (or mass charm I)
7.  bite III
8.  mass charm I (or blood I)
9.  save
10. bite IV + bat swarm II
11-13. mass charm II/III/IV
14+. mist II/III/IV/Bloody Haze + Muddle + blood II/Vampiric Aura
favor: Blood of the fallen (or Cloak of night for more mana)
item set: Vlemish, unbreakable boots, pleanor, nimoth, hauberk
idols: bishops, siege II/III/IV (mainly for tower harrassement)
consumables: sigils, TP, locks (the usual)
January 21, 2010 4:51:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

blood is bad. You better drop it.

January 21, 2010 5:07:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I only get 1 point for the hp regen during the 13 first levels. I think its worth the investment imho. it just my personal preference. What's your LE build ?

January 21, 2010 10:59:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/371864

That was my build until several people started going, "omg wtf n00b no stun *ragequit*" then i changed it but in my heart   it will always be the best.

January 22, 2010 9:30:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Your build is pretty much the standard Bite + Minions + Bat until level 10. Why not take 1 point in mass charm instead of ICA II ??? I think a build without a stun or interrupt is weak imho, I would abuse large health pots if I know that my enemies can't stop me.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.