The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

No Silence on Sedna

By on January 12, 2010 3:50:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Almost as bad as having no heal(or pounce) on sedna this is absolutely stupid. For ONE skill point you get an area "stun" WITHOUT immunity. This is made of win. There are a few things sedna needs and her team needs and these are in order of importance:

-Heal foremost

-Healing wind, shitty crazy 22% heals oh yes.

-Pounce, no damage no dice, also an interrupt

-Silence, omg wtf awesome

-Counterhealing, suddenly you're the only one on the field who can heal. Awesome,.

-CD redux aura.(later on)

Getting 3 of these make you a decent sedna, 4 make you a good one, 5 make you a great one and 6 makes you the best sedna alive.

Sedna is this simple.

+18 Karma | 28 Replies
January 12, 2010 3:57:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i like teh move speed

January 12, 2010 3:59:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Speed is only required for running away.

January 12, 2010 4:00:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't know why people rank inner grace. I seriously don't.

Counterhealing is better than Silence.

I would think that Magnificent Presence is equal to Silence, but I will admit that Silence III is insanely good if you can get to level 15. Add in a level 15 ice TB, and you can block almost all abilities.

Here is how I would rank Sedna's abilities:

1. Counter-healing

2. Healing Wind

3. Heal

4. Pounce

5. Magnificent Presence

6. Silence

7. Inner Grace

8. Yetis

January 12, 2010 4:29:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hm looks like i should drop inner grace for healing wind in my builds then

January 12, 2010 4:30:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,
Speed is only required for running away.

helps with chasing + attacking, but pounce + CoN is prolly good enough to finish the job for Sedna

January 12, 2010 5:00:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Counterhealing> Silence?

No. Sure the healing you negate with counterhealing is awesome. But most fights are big gangrapes anyway, there the few hundred an enemy general heals is certainly not enough to 3 secs of silent death. Remeber that with good stunners you can have : grasp, mass charm, then silence for 8 secs of nothing. Then some hitting and another stunlock.

January 12, 2010 5:15:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you're spamming Silence like that for a triple-stun, you won't have the mana for healing. Counter-healing comes at no mana cost. A counter-healing Sedna is actually best in 3 vs 3 fights, because the other team will have very little holding power and you'll be healing for 22% every 5 seconds. (The 7.95 priest healing debuff, in effect, gets "bypassed" because there are so many targets to heal.)

One point in Inner Grace down the road isn't a terrible idea. Sedna just has too many cool abilities.

January 12, 2010 6:02:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As soon as your not next to them though they can heal....silence can allow you to interupt spell, secure safe teleport away/make you uninteruptable, AoE disable people.

I mean if you ask me it really, really depends on who your vs and what type of Sedna your building.

Vs another Sedna counter healing is more effective than vs a team full of only Assasins with no monks/sedna (its useless there actually...no?).

And people can still use pots/sigils for heal with counter-heal up - Silence can interupt these heals or disable them for 4 seconds.

January 12, 2010 6:44:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've been experimenting with CounterHealing and I /have/ figured out how to negate it.

/wins/

So I don't consider CH quite as useful as it once was, but I still get it:

1) because the majority of the time you're in a position you can't negate it

2) most people don't know anyway

Anyway, Inner Grace is good for 2v2 Speed-Stacking lol!Sedna builds that basically portal-ninja all game starting level 7.

January 12, 2010 6:46:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

January 13, 2010 4:12:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Does it involve microing my monks outside of the counter-healer's presence?

January 13, 2010 4:45:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Epiphenomenon,
Does it involve microing my monks outside of the counter-healer's presence?

Assuming you're in melee range, CH has a large enough aura a monk outside of the CH aura is also out of range to heal whoever is engaging the Sedna. Unless you're Rook, perhaps.

Hint: It's exploiting a bug, it /shouldn't/ happen D:

January 13, 2010 5:18:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They should remove Silence from Sedna .

January 13, 2010 6:02:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Silence can be awesome, but comes at a high mana cost.

On higher levels this shouldn't be a problem but i really like the speed buff and +health/sec from inner grace.
Helps me early on to hold lanes and level quicker then opposing team...

Offcourse a lot depends on how the game is going, 2 equal teams, winning or losing...
I think its great for defence, but for attack i would use pounce, mainly for interupt.

Let other players on your team deal damage (early game), you assist and hold lanes.

January 13, 2010 6:05:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting awuffleablehedgie,

Quoting Epiphenomenon, reply 11Does it involve microing my monks outside of the counter-healer's presence?
Assuming you're in melee range, CH has a large enough aura a monk outside of the CH aura is also out of range to heal whoever is engaging the Sedna. Unless you're Rook, perhaps.

Hint: It's exploiting a bug, it /shouldn't/ happen D:

Does anyone know if counterhealing works while sedna is moving? the anamation appears to stop, am i just seeing things.

January 13, 2010 9:41:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Silence really requires a two helm build, IMHO.  That's its biggest problem.  Since priests give a percentage heal instead of a fixed HP heal and Sedna has the best priests because of HW2, every bit of HP you can stack is worth it.  Are there awesome times for Silence?  Absolutely.  But they are much much more rare than Heal or Pounce.  And we are talking about an ability that starts at a mana cost (800) higher than Pounce IV (775) and Heal IV (750).

January 13, 2010 3:26:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Whats so bad about a two helm build? Sure you don't have massive hp, but the healthstacking has only 600 more. And yes thats stack with health flag bisshops and sigil, but it all comes down to: do I want a little more pushing power(although i think a double helm will push you out tbh Saul) and a bit more survavibility or do you want a ONE POINT AREA stun that can save you and your allies and also gives you save heals vs interrupt happy teams. 

Team utility is just so much better in -high level- cat 3vs3's that even if you have way more pushing power it won't help if you're focussed.

January 13, 2010 4:16:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You list Pounce and Heal above Silence, so I imagine you use all three.

Two helms still isn't enough. It is barely sufficient for Pounce and Heal.

Pounce, Heal, Silence: Pick two.

Two Helm builds are vital in some situations, such as against a snare-spamming Regulus. Towers get razed by Pounce spam, which is only viable with two helms. It's just really situational.

I haven't seen Silence used well in a long time.

January 13, 2010 4:33:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What if you were to use cape of plentiful mana on sedna? Or is there some bug with it like the wings of seraphim? +4000 mana AoE over 10s seems great for a mana heavy build.

January 13, 2010 5:17:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What if you were to use cape of plentiful mana on sedna? Or is there some bug with it like the wings of seraphim? +4000 mana AoE over 10s seems great for a mana heavy build.

That favor item is excellent on Leviathan for Sedna and Queen, but it's not that great on any other map. It is a bug-free favor item; I just wish its radius was slightly larger.

January 13, 2010 5:26:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Cloak of Night gives more mana to Sed for most of the game. It has a pool and a static bonus. Cape is only superior once you get Vlemish, but at least you don't have to get a second helm. this is also mostly the case if you go Cloak, you really only need Vlemish.

It is nice on Levi, esp if you are paired with Rook or Beast. In games where my teammates are on Vent, I typically tell the Beast next to me to get Staff of Renewel and then just HP stack and if he goes oom I'll fill him up.

January 13, 2010 5:34:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey, that's a good strategy. I've tried Staff of Renewal on UB, but I always had to buy those &%^$ mana helms. People get pretty tired of all the Spit, though. Plus, you get to use Foul Grasp at least twice each battle, which is pretty kewl.

I still dream of the day when our favor items get balanced, and a Diamond Pendant Sedna will be viable.

Cloak of Night gives more mana to Sed for most of the game.

I agree 100% on any map besides Leviathan.

January 13, 2010 5:48:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"

Hey, that's a good strategy. I've tried Staff of Renewal on UB, but I always had to buy those &%^$ mana helms. People get pretty tired of all the Spit, though. Plus, you get to use Foul Grasp at least twice each battle, which is pretty kewl."

I get Mag Presense too

Since we are showerbuddies the whole game I figured I might as well try my best to make him spit every 4 seconds hehe

January 13, 2010 5:51:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I get Mag Presense too

I have been dying to try this sort of strategy for a long time.

Since we are showerbuddies the whole game I figured I might as well try my best to make him spit every 4 seconds hehe

That's what she said.

January 14, 2010 12:57:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dont use silence all the time. Only once or twice in teamfights and ganks(ie erebus batting).

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.