The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

All random game-- double rook?!?

Just for kicks...

By on January 3, 2010 8:11:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So, I've been (and will continue) playing a lot of 'all random' games for the sheer JOY and diversity (hence the joy) that it brings.  For me, it's the closest thing that I can do to play a variable game that is mostly unexpected and new short of: a complete favor balance, or super nerf of BoF (while those two may actually be the same thing).

Oh yeah, the OP.  So the all random game turned out to be all assasin: my team [da, beast, rook(me)] vs. rook, rook, tb.  At first I was thinking "props to those guys for not conceding."  But after we won I kept wondering, could double rook be super-awesome-fantastico?!!!?  Yes, I know, it depends on the opposing team demi and other team demi, but in a situation where all hope isn't lost, could the double rook dominate?  We were 3v3 cata btw, and it was a fun game regardless.

Also, would you go two towers- one tower one hybrid- two slams?  Which combination would be the most deadly?  A giant tower farm in one lane or double slam in your face     And please don't say "it is unlikely so why even discuss"-- diversity for this game is the only thing that makes it fun anymore, so I'm becoming more open to doubles and triples in games if it makes it more fun.

+1 Karma | 20 Replies
January 3, 2010 8:44:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Double slam would be so overpowered it's not even funny to think about it. Not to mention 2 boulder rolls can lock you if they are timed correctly.

January 4, 2010 12:30:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I join an all random game where the teams would have

1) random general

2) random assassin

3) random

Made doubles less of a chance and would make a better structure team.

January 4, 2010 12:44:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Depends on opponents... I'd choose double towers.  I'm a little bummed that the community hated (hates) doubles of the same character in regular games.  It seems to be our 1 standing community rule (no doubles).  I find those games quite a bit of fun.

Double hammer slam would be the most deadly, though.  so long as you have the stuns, 2 1700 hp nukes should do some damage.  But 2 tower rooks would be the most annoying.

January 4, 2010 3:12:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

agreed. all random games are sweet  so are doubles /triples... but I prefer them through random myself.  

double rook, the few times I've played it.. can be devastating.  slam / towers.  Each farm up a side gogo.  

January 4, 2010 7:38:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree. Doubles can be fun, perhaps mainly due to the fact that I normally don't play in a game with doubles.

January 4, 2010 7:57:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A tower lane on each side with a third player (preferably a general) bouncing back and forth is pretty much unbeatable. Once you max out towers you start maxing hammer slam, I just don't know what could stop it if both rook were good.

January 4, 2010 12:00:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Double Rook is actually a Competetive build. I used to play Oak(or UB) /Rookx2.

Double hybrid ftw of course.

yeah I agree Pacov, losers complaining about doubles or even random coz you know there might be a double:O

January 4, 2010 5:02:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think doubles are fine if there are doubles on both sides, otherwise it's kind of cheap.

January 5, 2010 12:19:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HorseStrangler,
A tower lane on each side with a third player (preferably a general) bouncing back and forth is pretty much unbeatable. Once you max out towers you start maxing hammer slam, I just don't know what could stop it if both rook were good.

LOL- we actually did almost ecactly this today (2 rook, oak- vs. sed, ere, reg) except...... both rooks weren't good (i was rook for fun, i'm not great with him).  While we did win, both of us rooks died twice mid-late by being focused 2v1 or 3v2 capping their portal (ere stun and pounce low cooldown + my tp fake still needs work).  So I guess it is very strong as long as the other player keeps it even or better!  Man those towers went down quick though son!!

January 5, 2010 10:26:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd pretty sure it's beatable but yes very powerful.

Minion builds would probably work, and a good queen would rape them.

January 5, 2010 10:30:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nope Its Hammmer Time!

January 5, 2010 9:06:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

QoT vs. Two slams = roadkill

STOP, HAMMERTIME

January 5, 2010 10:39:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yum just had this double hammer= dead Da and Sedna...no chance to even heal lol

Edit: also went against double rooks they used towers so we couldnt even go near them

January 6, 2010 12:35:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree the all random games are really fun. I usually try to join them anytime i see them. i had one game where everyone on our team was queen and it was so much fun. We dominated that game. It felt very overpowering.

The hammer rooks would scare me alot more than anything. If they got a good aim on boulder roll then its gg. Personally i dont mind doubles. I played in a game with a pre-made once, they had 4  regulus, all had snipe and all had heavens wrath. It was somewhere along the lines of 3k-4k damage just at level 1. We kept dying alot but we pulled it together and managed to beat them.

January 6, 2010 12:46:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Be glad they didnt go with 24 mines

can you say deathzone?

January 6, 2010 1:56:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ROFL.  definitely did that shiro.. on exile, had 4 regs on our team doin some weird all random or quads can't remember.  anyway, got the crystal flag that's closest to enemy base, set up 24 mines right outside of it, and proceeded to snipe down the citadel

We had our own little fortress and they couldnt do anything about it

January 6, 2010 2:13:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LOL that sounds like fun the enemy were prob like screw you regs....screw you.

January 6, 2010 7:11:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

4 snipes, 4 angelic furies = instant death for someone 5 seconds into the game. If you could coordinate this very well, it would be a great team.

January 7, 2010 1:05:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I reckon 4 of anything would be tough really lol

I reckon Rook is a really good character once you learn to use him... but most people cant >>

On a side note I started a game with 3 Rooks versus a TB, UB and Reg. But then it desynced

January 7, 2010 9:13:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Splitshadow,
QoT vs. Two slams = roadkill

STOP, HAMMERTIME

Get your own material!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000719   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.