The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Impulse graphic problem

By on January 3, 2010 1:27:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this is how it looks. i would really appreciate help if someone knows how to fix it.

i have tried to reinstall both the game and impulse.. did not work

+2 Karma | 8 Replies
January 3, 2010 2:47:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sounds like a video driver issue.  What video card do you have and have you tried updating your video drivers?

January 3, 2010 3:07:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

good idea trying it now

January 3, 2010 3:09:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it said after update check that i already had the latest version. i got ATI radeon x2300

my computer is sony vaio vgn-cr31s and i have vista.

January 3, 2010 8:59:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I couldn't find a list of graphics cards that worked for Demigod, but I found this in the readme.txt.

* If your video card has less than 128MB of memory, this game will likely not run at all.

* Make sure you are running your desktop in 32-bit color.

January 4, 2010 5:13:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm i have now checked both those two points. I started searching and found out that i do have 128MB memory. 

KI also have my computer running at 32-bit color. Checked that aswell. 

ATI Mobility Radeon™ X2300 Product Features
  • 105 million transistors using 90nm fabrication process
  • 4 pixel shader processors
  • 2 vertex shader processors
  • 128-bit 4-channel DDR1/DDR2/GDDR3 memory interface
  • Native PCI Express® x16 bus interface
  • ATI PowerPlay™ 6.0 power management technology
  • Avivo™ Video and Display architectur
this is were i found that i had 128 MB memory, but im not sure if that's what you meant. 

January 4, 2010 10:50:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

128-bit is not the same thing as 128MB. How much memory is assigned to onboard video is variable and can usually be set in the driver panel or in the BIOS.

January 5, 2010 9:37:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 - Great Graphics for Thin and Light Notebooks
The ATI Mobility Radeon™ X2300 delivers Certified for Windows Vista® graphics, ATI Avivo™ video and display technology for smooth video playback support, and ATI PowerPlay™ power management for long battery life

Don't you love advertising? I'm 95% sure your card has no dedicated memory. That means that when you run Demigod, it mooches off your RAM, meaning everything runs slower and in lower quality. (the benefit is that it uses less power) Have you tried running in the lowest available quality? I looked up the benchmarks for your card and it says it should have trouble running games like Demigod (in all its godlike beauty).  Hope this helps  

January 6, 2010 12:06:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

then that might be the problem,but im using the lowest graphics at moment, and still having the same issue.  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000062   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.