The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[MOD] QoT Mod: Focus Mod

By on December 31, 2009 1:01:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Preface:

I've been keeping up with the current QoT Mods, however I have a different version of what should happen. Instead of making the QoT more competitive with other demigod directly, I've chosen to focus on her strengths, keep her weakneses and make her playing style more unique than other demigods.

Current QoT builds focus on two primary skills: Bramble Shield and Ground Spikes. Instead of making other skills useful to add a dash of into the build, I'm trying to develop something that allows new skills to be the basic of a build. The following is my first draft of it. Please feel free to dl try it out and tell me what you think.

Qot Mod: Focus Version
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a series of changes to the QoT to make her more competitive. This mod focuses on making her more
extreme. Her open mode is more aggressive, her closed mode is much more defensive.

Her open form is more suited for attack. It now possesses greater weapon range
than Towers of Light and can also kite other demigods better.

Her closed form is more suited for defense. It lost 1/3 of weapon range, but AOE radius doubled. Armor,
regen, and speeds boosts were also applied making it easier for her to get out of trouble.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changes

v1.01
Added in Fix for Minion +hp Items
Minor Text Fixes in Descriptions

Uproot
Balanced against Circle of Fire
Violent Siege Effect changed from 500/1000/1500/2000 to 600/900/1200/1500 over 10 seconds
Mana cost changed from 400/400/400/400 to 450/600/700/800

v1.0
Decreased weapon damage from 135 to 100

Open Form:
Weapon Attack Range increased from 15 to 20. (This outranges ToLs, but not Archer Towers or Fortresses)
Weapon Muzzle Velocity increased from 15 to 20.

Closed Form:
Weapon Attack Range decreased from 15 to 10.
Weapon Damage Radius increased from 1.5 to 3.
Weapon Muzzle Velocity decreased from 15 to 10.
Weapon RateOfFire increased from .66 to .69 (matches default Open Form RateOfFire)
Movement speed increased 20% while closed (7.2 without speed buffs)
Armor bonus increased from 0 to 170 (This is in addition to the 10% bonus). At level 1 she has 550 armor (18% damage reduction) while packed and 330 (11.7% reduction) while open (unchanged).
Health regeneration increased from 10 to 15.

Uproot
Mana cost changed from 425/585/745/905 to 400/400/400/400
Damage remains the same 500/1000/1500/2000 over 10 seconds
Healing affect for friendly towers 500/1000/1500/2000 over 10 seconds
Violent Siege ability added to friendly tower effect
Violent Siege Ability added to all levels 500/1000/1500/2000 over 10 seconds
Violent Seige AOE increased from 8 to 10

Tribute
Changed function to reduce citadel upgrades and item costs by 50%.

Ground Spikes
Changed Armor reduction from 375/750/1125/1500 to 25%/50%/75%/100%
Increased debuff duration from 5 seconds to 10 seconds

Spike Wave
Range increased from 20/25/30 to 30/30/30/30

Bramble Shield
Increased duration from 30 to 60
Absorption increased from 700/950/1200/1450 to 700/1000/1500/2000

Compost
Shambler damage bonus increased from 4/6/8/10/14 to 10/20/30/40/50/60

Entouragehttp://www.mediafire.com/file/djto3izjzjw/QoT Mod Focus Version.zip
Shambler damage bonus increased from 6/12/18 to 10/20/30

Qot Focus Mod Download v2

Also, if you are interested in a little more color for the QoT, try out this skin mod.

I tend to talk way too much, so I'm going to let the changes speak for themselves. Some things are over the top, but that's what trial and error is for.

Also, feel free to cannabalize any of the code.

+89 Karma | 102 Replies
December 31, 2009 8:06:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow at tribute...

Anyway, this is a bit big of a buff.  I like the difference between open and closed forms but this is just way too much buffs, and this comes from a queen player. Ground spikes is now a solely endgame skill and doesnt counter towers, although I like the longer duration. I understand that it is needed for uproot but I'm still not buying uproot no matter what. You also saw how good shamblers will be with compost right? 60 extra dmg? Seriously?

Closed form 1.5 aoe to 3 aoe.. meh. This makes AOE so easy instead of the bit of micro you need now. And this is a bad thing imho.

Again, queen is way better than everyone thinks and imho is on par with sedna or rook. The demigods that really need buffs are the squishies.

December 31, 2009 8:15:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

are you serious about tribute.....giants for 3k......

Also I don't like the change to bramble shield,  it is still stasis; the change that needs to occur needs to break that stasis with some kind of added bonus: (relect damage, hps, some damage the shield takes heal her, etc.)

December 31, 2009 10:20:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My feedback

The BAD

Ground spike I,II,III seems like a nerf

Heal Tower is IMBA

Tribute is just nutz, so no.

Closed form range reduction is bad, you are breaking some builds for early laneing. 

20% speed for free at level 1? Crazy town.

Compost buff scales way too high. 240 DPS EXTRA for 4 shamblers? 

The GOOD

Increased armor looks right

Mana on uproot is logical, but it is still a bad skill considering ground spikes and minions do the same thing.

Ground Spike debuff is too long? But I agree 5 is too short. I am thinking 7 so an interrupt will get you out of it when fighting, but not interrupting QoT somehow will ensure you are always fighting with reduced armor.

Shield looks good considering what happens to you when you face Assasin Oak or UB Ooze/Spit

Entourage is correct

The Not Sure

Ground spike range. This works fine as is if you use it for what it is meant. 30 at Rank I is a long way.

December 31, 2009 10:29:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm not too well versed with QoT atm so I can't really say more than this: What were you thinking of when you made tribute haha? I like the idea though, however 50% is so overpowered I don't got words for it... 10% or 15% should be enough.

December 31, 2009 10:44:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Esuzu,
I'm not too well versed with QoT atm so I can't really say more than this: What were you thinking of when you made tribute haha? I like the idea though, however 50% is so overpowered I don't got words for it... 10% or 15% should be enough.
25% minimual and a happy meal!

December 31, 2009 11:37:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good Morning,

So, let's sum up the comments to date, and my responses. I now get to talk too much.

Overall:
Buffed too much
You are crazy

Pt: Perhaps, but I'm also seeing a lot of incomplete theory craft. This mod changes a lot of things that we take for granted for the QoT. I'm not saying it isn't too buffed, it is. However the changes are worse/different than any one so far has imagined.

Ground Spikes
End game only, useless against towers
Nerfed
Debuff is too long

Pt: So the Skill is too good and useless. Sounds perfectly balanced, eh? The damage on it is rather subpar, as always. The creep slaying ability is retained, however the closed form AOE makes autoattacking grunts a better option. As it stands the debuff has NO effect on towers, but will really impair armor users. It doesn't really effect health stackers, except that they will take lots of damage from creeps and minions, which the QoT now has (check out the overpowered compost).

Uproot
Still not using it
Ground spikes and minions are still better

Pt: This is so over powered, I'm sad no one complained yet. It does 2k aoe armor-immune damage for 400 mana at max level. It absolutely destroys tower rooks. It also makes defending at your own tower hazardous forcing you to come out to engage the queen or retreat back to crystal, and maybe even lose your tower.

Shamblers
60 extra damage at max compost is too powerful
240 extra damage for compost is too much

Pt: It is both worse than you think and not quite as bad.

The worse. It is a 240 dps boost from compost (60 per shambler), another 120 dps boost from Entourage (30 per shambler), the possibility with removing all armor from the targets (New Ground Spikes), and 120 dps from base Shambler stats. Which means 480 ranged, aoe, armor-immune (with Ground spikes) damage. All for the low, low price of 10 skill points (14 if you want armor immune attacks).

The not as bad.

The QoT lost some of her DPS, she now does ~70 DPS at level 1, ~250 dps at level 20. For comparison other demigods have ~100-120 dps at level 1 (curse you UB), and ~300 dps at level 20 without using skills or armor. This is largely an early game loss.

Damage advancement for minion buffs tend to be around 10-20 dps for a new minion and 5 dps per additional buff level after that (moral is +4 per level, idol upgrades tend to be around +7, vamp upgrades + 4, equipment buffs vary). The effect of her Shambler specific upgrades is to give double the typical bonus to minions, but ONLY to shamblers, which currently are limited to 4. I figured it was an even trade.

Consider that Vampires do 250 dps, don't cost anything, and come with an demigod that has great speed and many stun options (with armor reduction on one). (They are also non AOE).

Consider the Oak who gains 180 damage price from Soul Power for only 7 skill points.

The cost of these 480 ranged, aoe, armor immune attacks is not cheap. A base cost is 10 skill points, 4 more for ground spikes, 4 more for consume shambler. That's 18 right there, with no shield. So you can have potentially really good minions at level 18, but nothing else. I thought it an interesting potential for a build, and I'm not convinced yet that it would be worth the sacrifice.

Regular Attack
Closed AOE removes micro which is bad
Closed range reduction removes closed build opportunities

Pt: I don't like excessive micro, and I will do my best to reduce it.

The closed form now shreds creep waves. Four attacks will kill most of the minotaur warriors (all of them if you micro).The loss of range means that you'll have to switch forms to poke the enemy, but with 15 range, you can afford to do it.

The open form is obscene when it comes to ToL. You can't hide behind your tower now, because the QoT will eat your tower if you let her. The enemy has to either engage you (in which you can go closed and run away at 7.2 speed), go back to crystal (and lose lots of tower health while she creeps and destroys your tower), or stay put (and potentially suffer uproot damage).

These changes also open up the possibility of stacking +attack items with the QoT to grant the power to dominate creeping even better than the TorchBearer. Overall, it creates a very different QoT.

Entourage
Okay now

Pt: This is the same important damage buff (+10 per skill point) that compost recieved (not quite exactly, but close enough. Compost allows you to get 2 more levels than the skill points you have invested, so 30 dps per shambler at level 1). See my Compost notes for my comments. It is also interesting that no one was impressed by this one.

Spike Wave Range
30 is too much

Pt: Spike Wave's range has been always a little longer than it seems. I made this change to allow for easier targetting of a skill that already went far enough. This really wasn't an important change.

Bramble Shield
Still doesn't fix it

Pt: I made changes to improve Bramble Shield, but not to make it 50% of the skills the QoT uses. It should be considered a pre-combat potion or ablative armor, nothing more. With the other skills I want to see something besides builds comparisons that argue if you should level Ground Spikes or Bramble Shield at level 1.

Tribute
wow
Giants for 3k
10 or 15% is good enough

Pt: Do that many games really last until level 15 without anyone getting giants? Really? The main use I envisioned for this was for nonmainline items and upgrades getting into play. I'm still not convinced it would work out. Feeding gold to your QoT would only get you a ~20% gold bonus (lose some for selling the items first). It really does come too late for what it is.

Violent Siege

Pt: I haven't replaced it with anything yet, Any ideas?

Looking back of this giant wall of text I feel that I really do write too much.

December 31, 2009 11:45:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No. Do you even play queen?

The minion/spikes build is already competetive(like Really competetive) it doesn't need a lot more.

December 31, 2009 12:02:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I do play the Queen, her and the UB are my primary demigods. However, I'm also not a tier 1 player. My observations are limited in that sense.

However, I have maintained an active reading presence of the board. A general consensus of the QoT is that she is very underpowered. Overall, game stats suggest she is the worst of the demigods. Among higher level players, I haven't seen any evidence that she is more desired than any other demigod. The only argument for QoT power I can recall is the game replay of her taking on a top level Erebus. However, the Erebus had never fought the QoT build before and the QoT user himself stated that it was unlikely to occur very often and that the advantage is only present in 1v1s. In mass combat the QoT is a weak link.

There does seem to be a number of people on the boards who think that the QoT is very powerful. However, strangely enough, those people don't seem to play the QoT or don't seem to play anyone else on the board to support their beliefs. I find that to be rather telling.

The ladder is currently very broken and stats on it are rather meaingless. I don't know of a good way to find out who is most qualified to comment on changes based on skill. If you can provide a suggestion I would be interested.

As for myself, well I'd like to think that I've made some minor contribution to demigod related projects and do approach things in a productive manner. I also talk to much, which I've heard, discourages discourse (TLDR).

December 31, 2009 12:46:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ptarth,

There does seem to be a number of people on the boards who think that the QoT is very powerful. However, strangely enough, those people don't seem to play the QoT or don't seem to play anyone else on the board to support their beliefs. I find that to be rather telling.

Like who?

December 31, 2009 3:38:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Shield vs Spikes

Early shield will keep you in the lane. Spiking 1on1 does jack without minions.

Doing more than 1 thing with unupgraded QoT will run you out of mana.

There is one exception when I will use a spike I or II when I haven't returned to base for an upgrade. I have an AA focused partner who is good, at which point I will take warmage so I can hold my lane as normal with bramble and gank in 2on1 with a spike. If I don't have warmage doing this I cannot hold the lane, as I cannot shield and spike without running out of shield and getting hurt.

Forgot to add about shields.

1) You can shield a minotaur to push an out of lane tower and give your ranged troops a break. (All your ranged troops cluster beside you which is bad when the tower damage is upgraded)

2) You can shield a minotaur to clear mines.

3) You can move into tower firing range 1st with shield to draw its fire, so the creep wave can advance and put all its DPS on the tower.

4) You can shield that nasty BoTS UB spit/ooze tank to make him more nasty.

Making shield stronger affects all of these things.

I've always envisioned uproot as getting an interrupt around the tower. As in, the sudden violent upheval knocks DGs off balance momentarily.

This is also not imbalanced against tower rook as Queenie has no defense against boulder/slam other than not fighting.

December 31, 2009 11:11:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Since I'm causing trouble, I'm going to add another stick to the fire.

What would it take to make Morale useful? As I understand it, morale upgrades are currently thought of as useless.

The current boosts for Morale  per level are

• +50 Minion Health
  • +0.5 Minion Health per second
  • +2% Minion Attack Speed
  • +50 Minion Armor
  • +4 Minion Weapon Damage

Would doubling the bonuses make it worthwhile, but not too good? Lord Erebus players might like it for the extra 80 weapon damage it would provide, but I'm still unconvinced Sedna, QoT, or Occulus would find it useful.

What about changing the values to be percentage modifiers rather than fixed additions?

How about making the Morale skill different for each demigod? For example, Sedna's Morale might give her minions twice the weapon damage upgrade than Lord Erebus's Morale.

re:Synnworld: As an easy example, lifekatanna seems to think that the QoT is pretty good as she is. For other players I have to say I can't recall any names. I tend to gloss over the accounts because I think she is tremendously underpowered. This might make me a clueless noob, but I also didn't see any QoT players on the top players list.

December 31, 2009 11:45:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The Uproot changes are ludicrously detrimental/beneficial to Rook. What happens when a friendly Rook places a forward tower which heals at 200 HP/S and deals 200 DPS (more damage than an AoE spit!) to everythign near it? The synergy between these two characters becomes outrageous, not to mention QoT's current capacity to increase Trebuchet, Tower, Archer, and Tower of Light damage...

Conversely what rook would stand a chance against this? They could never safely stand by their own towers, they could never put multiple towers in range of each other, Uproot absolutely devestates a tower farm in my limited testing, and for a paltry amount of mana.

100% armor reduction is also way off the deep end. As I mentioned it's absurdly powerful with Rook (bear in mind Towers do 190'ish a hit without armor at max rank) and more generally speaking it's just too much. You're talking about a 40-50% autoattack damage increase for its (very length 10 second) duration.

Next up a 50% gold cost reduction is just nuts, especially considering any good team is going to go back to base for 30 seconds, drop all their items, have QoT sell them, and then have her rebuy them all at half cost and max out citadel upgrades or her own gear on top of it.

Lemme close with saying it's really cool that you got the healing set up on Uproot, that's a change I think almost everyone likes and I think you put together a pretty cool mod here, the numbers are just off at the moment.

December 31, 2009 11:46:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Reading some of the threads on the GPG forum, I came across a complaint about how generals don't control enough unique troops to make it seem like you control an army, rather than a little squad. This made me think, what about replacing the entourage line with a second line of minions.

I know I sound crazier than usual, but hear me out. Extra models and animations aren't going to happen with the current SD/GPG setup, but that doesn't mean we can't reuse and modify the models and animations we have now. From my exploits into reskinning the QoT, I've looked into the models, textures, and animations. We can't make new ones very easily, but we can take ones that already exist and change them. What does this mean, well consider the following examples:

The Ultralisk Shambler: Take a shambler, increase it size 2-5 times, reskin it a blue and make it a living siege weapon. Drop movement speed by 75% (it would still teleport with the QoT), increase damage 200-500%, make it melee, keep the AOE. Limit the number you can summon at once to 1 and have a relatively high mana cost. It is the portable blocker you put in front of your troops as you assault a tower. If you've seen the attack animation of the Ent upclose and magnified this doesn't seem far fetched at all.

The Utility Squad Shamblers: Take the shambler model, remove the attack, allow it to cast a cheap lesser version of bramble shield every 10 seconds or so. Or let it grant attack boosts, mana regen boosts, damage boosts, etc. It would be the same effect as giving the general an aura, but it could be more powerful because the minion could be killed removing the buff. Also by keeping a high recharge time on the skill you can prevent minion spawn spam to replace the buffs.

Neutral Minions: Take the portal creeps and give them to the general, one type per upgrade. You can have your very own personal giant protectors.

How's that for crazy?

January 1, 2010 12:08:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

re:HorseStrangler

Thanks for taking the time to give it a shot. I completely agree with what you are saying, if you read my long diatribe you'll notice I mentioned many of these concerns myself.

I left them as is to promote abuseable builds, and then work them down into something more appropriate. What is appropriate I'm trying to leave up to better players than I am. I know I have a rough idea of how to play, but I'm not a pro by a long shot.

So address these more focused questions to the crowd:

• What do you think is a reasonable upgrade to the armor reduction of Ground Spikes?
  • How long should the Ground Spike debuff last?
  • What do you think is a reasonable progression to the uproot aoe damage? Half of what it is now? What about making it affected by armor too?
  • Tribute is currently useless. The Coin Purse is a 15% cost reduction favor item which I've never seen anyone seriously recommend. At level 15 players will have ~30k gold total. Of that perhaps 20k is equipment. Selling an item gives 80% return. So that turns 20k of equipment into 32k equipment per player. Is something like 40% off (turns into 25k equipment) more appropriate? Or should a value like 25% (as synnworld suggested) (21k) better? Or grant the ability to all of her teammates too. That would be interesting, a 25% income production bonus. Incidentally, the effects will also stack with the coin purse, so that would also complicate things. Or should we drop this idea and try something else for it?

January 1, 2010 12:49:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What do you think is a reasonable upgrade to the armor reduction of Ground Spikes?
I dunno, it depends on what you're trying to do with it. Are you trying to nerf it against structures so that Uproot is more attractive as a siege tool or are you just trying to buff it against players?

If it's buffing it against players, then consider this: Pentience increases all damage taken by 20%, but Ground Spikes increases damage mitigated by armor by quite a bit more than that and it's AoE. I really think that if your goal is to just buff the ability against players that leaving its effect as-is is fine. The uptime increase from a 7-10 second duration would be sufficient imo.

Take a level 10 Erebus with Nimoth's as his sole armor source. He'll have only 1285 armor, which is about 33.9% mitigation. Ground spikes will drop him down to -9.4% mitgation, so instead of taking 77.1% damage, he's taking 109.4%, an increase of about 44%. Even on higher armor DGs you're still going to get at least 25-30% more damage during the debuff, and that's ignoring the crazy benefits it has against minions, reinforcements, and buildings which all have 0 armor most of the time. Going to -1500 armor is a 250% damage increase which is devestating for citadel pushes and late game giant vs. giant wars.

So really it depends on what your goal is. Are you trying to reign in the insane properties of the ability at low and negative armor levels or are you trying to buff its effects at high armor levels, or maybe both?

What do you think is a reasonable progression to the uproot aoe damage? Half of what it is now? What about making it affected by armor too?
I don't think armor is a good way to go because towers and grunt waves have zero armor. It would stll make tower rook a suicide build against QoT. I honestly just don't know how to balance it with rook in mind. Against or with rook I think 20 damage per rank (bear in mind Ooze is only 30) would be reasonable, but in games without a tower rook that'd be really paltry and unappealing. I just think that all structure-only abilities are flawed at the most basic design level and that with so many other abilities to choose from Uproot needn't necessarily be as good as Shield or Ground Spikes. With the heal alone many players would take one rank of it the way they do structural transfer, and that's not all that bad really. At least it'd get some usage early game.

Tribute is currently useless. The Coin Purse is a 15% cost reduction favor item which I've never seen anyone seriously recommend. At level 15 players will have ~30k gold total. Of that perhaps 20k is equipment. Selling an item gives 80% return. So that turns 20k of equipment into 32k equipment per player. Is something like 40% off (turns into 25k equipment) more appropriate? Or should a value like 25% (as synnworld suggested) (21k) better? Or grant the ability to all of her teammates too. That would be interesting, a 25% income production bonus. Incidentally, the effects will also stack with the coin purse, so that would also complicate things. Or should we drop this idea and try something else for it?
The main problem is that the total amount can't exceed the refund penalty by any significant amount, but even with a 20% reduction you'd still have level 13 QoT stuck trying to hold out for a few more levels to get those final gear/citadel upgrades. I just think it promotes weird gameplay, I'd rather see the ability just give enough gold per second to be worth the point without completely changing its functionality. Honestly I'm more concered about the ineffectiveness of Entourage than I am Tribute.

One other off the wall idea for Uproot, what if you swapped rook's mana replenishment effect on struct transfer's max rank and QoT's damage effect on Uproot's max rank and spread them out between all ranks? I think Rook being able to do some interruptible point-blank AoE damage by damaging his own towers is much eaiser to balance than long range fire and forget skill and QoT could always use more mana anyway. Pluse if the increase were good enough she might actually just constantly heal nearby structures as a way to slightly buff her own mana regen, which would make the game useful throughout the game even when forward towers are down.

January 1, 2010 12:26:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ptarth,
Since I'm causing trouble, I'm going to add another stick to the fire.

What would it take to make Morale useful? As I understand it, morale upgrades are currently thought of as useless.

The current boosts for Morale  per level are

+50 Minion Health
+0.5 Minion Health per second
+2% Minion Attack Speed
+50 Minion Armor
+4 Minion Weapon Damage
Would doubling the bonuses make it worthwhile, but not too good? Lord Erebus players might like it for the extra 80 weapon damage it would provide, but I'm still unconvinced Sedna, QoT, or Occulus would find it useful.

What about changing the values to be percentage modifiers rather than fixed additions?

How about making the Morale skill different for each demigod? For example, Sedna's Morale might give her minions twice the weapon damage upgrade than Lord Erebus's Morale.

re:Synnworld: As an easy example, lifekatanna seems to think that the QoT is pretty good as she is. For other players I have to say I can't recall any names. I tend to gloss over the accounts because I think she is tremendously underpowered. This might make me a clueless noob, but I also didn't see any QoT players on the top players list.

Really? They are not useless for QoT because she has spikes. My build always has Morale in it. Each point is around 4DPS extra per minion. Then you add ground spike and damage output is noticeably higher. It adds up.

I've played against Magla's UB with QoT, I can outlane him until level 5, but then his life and damage output is high, and if I extend too far the grasp can cripple me or worse, get me killed.

When it comes to late game, UB Spit + Ooze + AA will blow through shield IV in 2.5 seconds. I can match this output with a spike and minions, but what I can't do is stop him from using items. It is so infuriating to watch him laugh at me using a large pot in the middle of a battle or if I catch him not a full strength he can teleport away. The best I can do is turn him away and/or not die.

The other problem is being engaged with UB for 10+ seconds, because ooze is going to take out all my minions and then I have a problem because there is no deterrent for him to chase me into my towers.

Here is the QoT I play, and under I will explain what I do to put a harm on most players.

1) Shield I
2) Spikes I
3) Shield II
4) Spikes II
5) Spike Wave
6) Shamblers I (only since the new patch)
7) Spikes III
8) Smablers II
9) Shiled III
10) Spikes IV
11) Shield IV
12) Shamblers III
13) Shamblers IV
14) Morale

Starting items, Cloak of night + monks

Early levels (1-5)
Lane. Shield. Attack at range, retreat to tower if confronted. It is very easy to get in a position where QoT can warp onto you and kill you by chasing you into the towers with shields, so you can't extend too much. I haven't come across a build I can't push off a flag eventually, but there are problems that require team help. Like if a rook has a monk attached to him. Also, NO SPIKING! You are only taking spikes in preparation of having minions.

After that, it's get idols, get a mana item and stack health items. Punish enemy DGs and towers with spikes + minions.

Usually battle goes like this. I TP in or move in with shield up, minions and in open form. I spike and close form. The enemy is about to take a severe beating for the next few second. Whoever needs shield gets it. If an enemy DG will be in a bad place, I will open, spike and wave. I can either warp out or forward with cloak of night depending how the battle goes. The initial shock and damage following the first spike will usually force people to sigil or start to run.

Now this sounds all good... but the build starts to break down in power late game if things are on equal footing. The armor reduction from spike is not that high against an armor/health stack, and the shield evaporates in seconds. What happens here is I need to try to start spiking creeps and taking down towers to try and get our creeps on their cit. I can be level 20 and the enemy at level 15 if giants are in play doing this, but I still have a problem fighting DGs so getting and holding flags can be a problem for our team.  

If the game is not even, QoT is godlike. If the enemy DGs don't have the cash for armor on their health stack, and I have Gloves of Fell Darkur, they can literally die in 5 seconds following a spike 1on1 

This reminds me, I find no point in taking wave II/III. I don't use this for dammage, I use it for the snare, and the higher levels don't increase the duration of the snare, only the effect. Rarely is Wave I not good enough to keep an enemy in range so an ally can get on them.

Summray: Goddess needs to become the equivalent of Spikes/shields V to scale
Queen could really use an interrupt or item block
Other skills are so bad there is no incentive to take them.

January 1, 2010 5:55:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lord-Orion posted the basic form of most QoT builds. Bramble Shield, Ground Spikes, 1 level of Spike Wave, and then a dash of something (in this case shambler). Other builds are slight variations of this, but on whe whole very similar. The similarity lies in that Bramble Shield and Ground Spikes are her only good skills. What I want to do is make over builds more viable. lifekatanna makes the claim that minion builds are viable, but I haven't seen any or heard of any that I believe really work out. I might be wrong on this, but going by the top player list I'm guessing not.

Ground Spikes
Ground Spikes is currently the QoT main attack skill. It scales perhaps too well against minions and structures, but too poorly against demigods.

To be more explicit. Ground Spikes is believed to be too good against towers because at level 10 it gives 250% damage for 5 seconds against structures. It completely outshines uproot as a siege tool. At level 10, the Qot has a based dps of ~175, Max Idols 226 dps, Shamblers 180 dps. This gives her ~600 normal dps (given an 8 point build that isn't very good spike/summon shambler, 6600 gold spent on idols, and assuming everything is hitting the tower). With Ground Spikes against a tower, that's 1500 dps for 5 seconds every 7 seconds (assuming no minion losses).

Against demigods, HorseStrangler already went over the basics of the math, but the main point was a whole 25-30% damage boost for white damage only.

My goal is to increase its effectiveness against demigods at end game and to make Uproot an attractive siege skill. It may be the case that no siege skills are worthwhile because towers will always be too weak. Perhaps then the solution is to convince SD/GPG to give structures armor upgrades with the health upgrades.

One idea that I have been considering is to make the QoT the white damage Queen. By focusing her skills on armor-mitigated damage it would encourage demigods to stop stacking health and to start stacking armor more. Given the current discontent in the community with health stacking being the main build option, this may be a more viable approach. Thoughts?

Uproot
I want uproot to be a useful skill, all levels of it. I think that making the aoe armor-mitagated is a good step. I'm not happy with the idea of adding a single level of uproot to builds, the other levels should be useful for something, or they shouldn't exist. As a heal, the skill is relatively weak. Given how fast towers drop late game, the QoT would either have to be on tower defense the entire game or just accept the skills marginal use.

The primary weaknesses as I understand the objections are: Too strong an aoe buff for offensive tower rook and too strong an attack against an enemy tower rook.

At max level the AOE provides 200 dps around a tower for 10 seconds for 400 mana and it heals the tower for the same damage. This will destroy melee creeps and minions. The damage causes serious havoc to melee demigods and the healing effect frustrates ranged demigods. What about making the spell channelable? Or perhaps better yet, replace the damage AOE with a attack boost/damage buff Aura based on the tower?

I'm also not convinced that just because it is a natural counter to the Tower Rook build is suficient reason to stop exploring this option. It may be the case that this weakness to the Tower Rook is only fair. Consider the autoattack regulus build against a minion Erebus. Isn't it the same thing? I'm not saying it shouldn't be toned down, but I am saying that we shouldn't discard it out of hand.

Tribute
We already have wierd gameplay when it comes to spending habits. Most people still don't bother with creep upgrades until they can get cats or giants. This is just a continuation of this trend. On the other hand, is there anyway to encourage players to buy creeps earlier? gkrit's and morpheas768's approaches do not seem quite right to me. Perhaps the answer is to spread out the Tribute gold cost reduction to the Entourage line itself, make it 15%/20%/25%/30%/35% ? Of course this would also risk backfiring by making the QoT just buy artifacts.

Entourage
Is the 10 damage per level buff not sufficient. That's up to 100 damage across 10 minions (it comes out to be about 50 dps per level).

re:Lord-Orion

Thank you for your thoughtful contribution, your build description is very explicit and useful. You make the case that Morale is useful, but you only have a single level of it in your build at level 14. I'm operating on the assumption that the game is pretty much over by level 12, so I cannot recognize your argument as demonstrating the usefulness of Morale. A +4 minion damage bonus comes out to be around 20 dps boost per level of Morale. It does scale upwards with increases in attack speed, but I fail to see the huge gain. As I understand it, it has roughly the same effect as the gloves of brutality.

Spike Wave II/III

They are under used and under powered. Perhaps increasing the debuff length would make them more desireable?

Compost
I'm not particularly happy about Compost now, and the damage buff wasn't pleasing the crowd, so how about something drastically different. Compost now becomes a scaling buff/debuff aura. Each level grants something new and they all stack up. The longer you stay around the QoT, the worse it gets.

An enhancement buff aura version

• Level 1: Attack Speed  Aura
  • Level 2: Armor  Aura
  • Level 3: Weapon Damage  Aura
  • Level 4: Health Regen Aura
  • Level 5: Mana Regen Aura

or my personal favorite, debuffing effects

• Level 1: Attack Speed Debuff Aura
  • Level 2: Armor Debuff Aura
  • Level 3: Weapon Damage Debuff Aura
  • Level 4: Health Drain Aura
  • Level 5: Mana Drain Aura

Queen Stun or Item Block

One of the things that I think is most unique about the QoT is her lack of these items. It forces her to play a defensive style because she cannot force an engagement against a prepared foe. I don't think this is a bad thing, not everyone can be Lord Erebus. I don't want to add a stun/skill block unless there is no other choice. Given that this is what I don't want, what do I want?

Viable Build Dreamlist

The following is a rough list of builds that I think should be viable and the major skills in the builds. I'm aiming for 12 points spent on the build to define its core principles.

Combat QoT: Bramble Shield, Ground Spikes. A build that gets into the heart of combat and is assassin-like.
Defense QoT: Bramble Shield, Uproot. She has base sitting duty and can make raids into the enemy base to support structure destruction.
Shambler QoT: Summon Shambler, Entourage, Compost. Very powerful shamblers. A quality minion build.
Minion QoT: Summon Shambler, Morale, ??? A minion build that focuses on all her minions. A quantity minion build.

January 2, 2010 9:53:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I really like the idea of the longer ranged attack in open form and a shorted closed form attack.

January 2, 2010 3:08:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HorseStrangler,
The Uproot changes are ludicrously detrimental/beneficial to Rook. What happens when a friendly Rook places a forward tower which heals at 200 HP/S and deals 200 DPS (more damage than an AoE spit!) to everythign near it? The synergy between these two characters becomes outrageous, not to mention QoT's current capacity to increase Trebuchet, Tower, Archer, and Tower of Light damage...

Queen is a siege-orientated demigod. Rook is a defense-creation orientated demigod.

This is a case of Rock-Paper-Scissors and I really have nothing wrong with a QoT really fucking up a Rook. It's what she /does/ (well, is supposed to). Plus, if she is putting 3 or 4 points into Uproot or whatever, she won't actually be ablet to kill him: just rape his tower farm.

Rook counters Sedna. Reg and TB can keep a Rook at bay depending on the situations but, again, they can really only keep back his tower farm not actually kill the Rook. Minions fall on their face once hammer slam gets leveled.

It's about friggin' time there is was a simple way of dealing with Rook.

Plus, if you got laned against an Uproot Queen, what would you do? Adapt. Switch  your build to a Hammer Slam with maybe only Tower II. If she invests a bajillion points in Uproot her loss: she still won't be able to fight you 1v1 or anything.

January 2, 2010 8:31:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Well I'll be testing your mod next time I play the game.
January 2, 2010 9:25:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If anyone would be willing to help me playtest this mod, I'd appreciate the help. I don't have a regular group to bounce mod versions off of. My schedule is also a bit awkward, but I'd love the assistance. Playing against the AI ones gets you so far.

January 2, 2010 9:26:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is a case of Rock-Paper-Scissors and I really have nothing wrong with a QoT really fucking up a Rook.
We're playing Demigod, not roshambo. Rock-paper-scissors is a shitty game, when was the last time you playe it for more than 30 seconds?

Yes Rook counters Sedna well, but sedna isn't completely negated by rook by any stretch of the imagination. In a 2v2 or 2v1 the Sedna is still useful. A tower rook's towers would be a liability even 2v1 against a QoT. It's silly and pointless. The idea of armor mitigating the damage as suggested by other people here only shows an even deeper lack of understanding of the problem, as armor would do nothing to mitigate the effects against minions, creeps, and towers.

Rook beats sedna because sedna is an endurance DG and rook can outlast her, not because all her shit does half damage to him or hammer slam gets a quad damage bonus on targets affected by ehaling wind.

January 2, 2010 9:33:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HorseStrangler,

This is a case of Rock-Paper-Scissors and I really have nothing wrong with a QoT really fucking up a Rook.We're playing Demigod, not roshambo. Rock-paper-scissors is a shitty game, when was the last time you playe it for more than 30 seconds?

We mostly do it when life and death situations need to be made.

January 2, 2010 9:34:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,
Well I'll be testing your mod next time I play the game.
Quoting Ptarth,
If anyone would be willing to help me playtest this mod, I'd appreciate the help. I don't have a regular group to bounce mod versions off of. My schedule is also a bit awkward, but I'd love the assistance. Playing against the AI ones gets you so far.

Sure just let me know when.

January 2, 2010 9:43:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We mostly do it when life and death situations need to be made.
You spend more than 30 seconds playing it? Do you go best 13 out of 15?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000437   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.