The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Unable to download DG

By on December 30, 2009 8:32:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I recently bought a digital copy of the game but I'm unable to install it using Impulse.

The files download just fine, but when it comes to verefying the integrity of the files, it says the MD5 hash doesn't match the server (AKA file is corrupted). I try redowloading the game, but it won't work.

I'm using windows XP SP3,

hight speed (cable) internet,

wired LAN (router is a D-link)

NOT behind a firewall

I've been able to download and install Sins of a solare Empire and its micro-expension in the past. I don't understand why it doesn't work ...

In the meantime, I'm thinking of downloading the game from unofficial sources, since I already bought the game

If you need more specific info, I'll provide them, I just want to be able to play this game, on-line.

0 Karma | 7 Replies
December 30, 2009 9:11:30 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The MD5 error means that your download is corrupt. You should disable any web filtering applications (such as a software firewall or antivirus) and re-download Demigod.

If the above does not help, try resetting Impulse's data and manually reinstalling the client.

To do this:

1. Click the file menu (blue tab at the top left of Impulse)
  2. Select Preferences
  3. Click the Reset Data button
  4. Close Impulse
  5. Go to http://www.impulsedriven.com/about
  6. Download the Impulse client (you can manually pick the XP version, if you prefer)
  7. Install the Impulse client
  8. Attempt to re-download and install the game
December 30, 2009 10:45:48 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I tried has you said, I reset the data, then re-install the Impulse client, then I deseabled AVG real-time protection.

Re-donwload Demigod ...

"Download file invalid; MD5s do not match server"

So any more suggestion?

P.S. I may have forgot, I use AVG 9.0 free edition.

December 30, 2009 11:57:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have AVG 9.0 free too, so I don't think that is your problem.

Why don't you try Impulse Anywhereto download the game? It will also give you a permanent backup across ALL PCs. Just Google it.

December 31, 2009 2:10:34 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You could try this, as suggested above:

http://anywhere.impulsedriven.com/

As for using Impulse itself, you should contact [email protected] and let them know about your issue and what you've done thus far to try to resolve it.

January 1, 2010 5:15:38 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I tryed the aternative download site :http://anywhere.impulsedriven.com/ has you suggested.

After downloading the installer and the 9 packages, waiting the never-ending decompression process, it end up with this error message:

"Problem with decompression - your harddrive maybe full or install data file damage

Please check both and try again"

So I checked my HDDs ... I'm trying to install the game on an HDD with 50GB of free space, more then needed for a 3.15GB game.

Has for the install file ... I don't know how to check it's integrity, is there a tool provided by stardock to check the integrity of their install package? or is it just a message telling me to re-download the files, and eventualy exceeding my ISP download limit?

Any helpful advise welcome here

January 2, 2010 5:57:06 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You should really contact [email protected] if our tips have not helped you at this point. Others may have ideas, but I am not certain at this point.

January 4, 2010 10:55:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you're getting file corruption regardless of the means you use to download, it's possible you may have bad memory. Support can step you through looking into that if you contact them as noted above.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.