The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The Chat system - A question to SD/GPG

By on December 30, 2009 5:17:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Unfortunately, everytime I try to contact a friend in Demigod I wish I was using Steam and not Impulse. To put i bluntly Demigod's chat system is terrible. Firstly, messages can take forever to get to the receiver from the sender. And then the same thing when the receiver responds. Some times I wait for ever just to contact a friend.

Another problem is that the chat system doesn't have any sound "reminders" when a chat message appears, so it is really easy to miss one. There isn't any of that kind either when a friend logs in so you have to check your friend list now and then to see if somebody has come online to play with.

I think this chat system could quite easily be fixed and thus improve Demigod quite a lot. Stardock/GPG, is there any chance of acctually improving this?

Is there anybody else who agrees with me or got more suggestions for improvement?

+10 Karma | 10 Replies
December 31, 2009 10:12:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I 100% agree with this. As much as I don't like steam, its chat system is superior. I think if R2P were to replace the in game chat system entirely (as in shift-tab friends button brings up R2P) most of the problems would be solved.

January 1, 2010 12:06:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yep, R2P would be a great implementation. Atm though R2P doesn't do very much for Demigod imo.

January 1, 2010 3:56:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was looking through the impulse reactor logs. It actually has a 600 ms GET callback time. The server is wayyyyy too slow and is probably overloaded or something.

January 1, 2010 8:24:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes. Esuzu and me have a lot of problems with the chat system. Also sometimes it shows you online when you're not.

January 1, 2010 9:38:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well it wont even let me chat with my friend.....doesn't show his messages and every few seconds pops up that he sent me one but I see nothing when I bring it up..

January 2, 2010 7:45:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lifekatana,
Yes. Esuzu and me have a lot of problems with the chat system. Also sometimes it shows you online when you're not.

Ye, it doesn't make it easier to get a game going really.

Quoting Shiro_Sol,
Well it wont even let me chat with my friend.....doesn't show his messages and every few seconds pops up that he sent me one but I see nothing when I bring it up..

Ah yeah. I've had that bug aswell. You'll probably need to reinstall the game. I think that worked for me if I remember correctly. Quite bothersome though.

January 2, 2010 8:00:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The main problem with the chat system is, that it will show you as online when you are logged into Impulse or even just the Impulse forum and not only when you started Demigod. That's why you never really reach a friend in time, because he mostly isn't actually in the game at the time you write him.

January 3, 2010 1:06:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

True, it is a problem that you are shown as online when you can't even receive messages.

January 7, 2010 8:24:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bumpity

January 7, 2010 10:23:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

BUMPS

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.