The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The Graphics of Demigod

By on December 30, 2009 5:01:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Amidst all the problems Demigod has had with multiplayer and balance issues, I think people have missed out on just how beautiful the graphics are in demigod. Discuss.

archer

Crucible

zikurat

Also, I have a related question. Is there some button you can press to remove the user interface? It would help me immensely when getting rid of the pesky map and warscore graphics.

+29 Karma | 34 Replies
December 30, 2009 5:08:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes there is a button....

Dont remember it though.... lol

December 30, 2009 5:08:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes demigod's graphics and first and foremost, demigod's design is superb. I just turned up everything to the highest settings, it's really nice.

December 30, 2009 5:14:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yep and the music is awesome also! really gets me hyped up when im playing the game to here the background music playing at the right moment in the fight.

December 30, 2009 7:29:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have 1600x900 wallpapers of just about every map and demigod if anyone wants them.

The music is great, but I usually just listen to something else.

December 30, 2009 7:52:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Only downside to demigod is it lacks costum soundtrack or play your own music in the background. The music is beatiful but something I want to hear both demigod voices and rzas rapping without raising my energy bill or killing batteries.

December 30, 2009 8:15:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,
Only downside to demigod is it lacks costum soundtrack or play your own music in the background. The music is beatiful but something I want to hear both demigod voices and rzas rapping without raising my energy bill or killing batteries.

So? Just set Music Volume to 0 in options, and open a media player program with your favorite music playing.

Simple.

December 31, 2009 5:45:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rock on priests, rock on.

December 31, 2009 6:07:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol @ the Priest.

I love the constellations in Exile:

December 31, 2009 6:10:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Umm...now that I really look. I don't see Reg.

If so, LOL!

December 31, 2009 6:47:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He's not good enough apparently. Somehow QoT made the cut though.  Monty python tribute on exile

December 31, 2009 7:00:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The art direction for demigod is good, but I think some of the character designs are a bit weird (speficically lord erb and regulus).  Lord erb looks just to stupid.  And regulus character design makes no sense, I really liked some of the models in God of War and bayonetta, IMHO they look like they belong in a game like demigod.

December 31, 2009 7:02:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I hate two things about Reg:

1: He was beaten daily and was hardly saved by some old guy but now has this crazy crossbow that makes him a Demigod.

2: His lore is all about him losing his wings, but he gets them in game. He even mentions not having wings WHILE having them.

December 31, 2009 9:19:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

niz shut up. Erebus's art is way better than the cut and paste from greek mythology of god of war

December 31, 2009 9:28:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I disagree about regulus, he looks BA with his goggles. BTW reg and I have the same hairstyle

Erebus looks goofy, which is why I don't play him. I can't play a character so laughably weird looking.

Also, how can you cut and paste graphics from Greek mythology? It's not like they made many detailed drawings.

(PS  - Age of Mythology was the shit)

January 1, 2010 4:10:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Splitshadow,
I disagree about regulus, he looks BA with his goggles. BTW reg and I have the same hairstyle

I agree I just feel regulus feels out of place in the game, like the backstory with his wings, and the goggles bit feels a bit weird.  Either way he looks like a dork in the character selection screen, he's well drawn, but reg has horrible fashion sense.

January 1, 2010 10:04:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Copy and paste? Well for one, Demigod actually made their own art and back stories. God of War just took greek mythology and cut some characters and changed a few storylines but at the core the art is all greek mythology. They did actually made many (detailed) drawings of their mythological beasts, and they're all so many stories(think Ullisyes-> ahh spelling!).

Also Regulus fits in just fine. Have you forgotten that it's not a magic world, but a mixture of tech and magic. THis what Scahtis(lead dev) first imagined, so no he does fit in fine.

PS - True.

January 1, 2010 11:14:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting morpheas768,

Quoting synnworld, reply 5Only downside to demigod is it lacks costum soundtrack or play your own music in the background. The music is beatiful but something I want to hear both demigod voices and rzas rapping without raising my energy bill or killing batteries.
So? Just set Music Volume to 0 in options, and open a media player program with your favorite music playing.

Simple.
so ifd im in the middle of the game and minimize it to look for a song would be ok with you? While I am in game with you?

January 1, 2010 11:30:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

so ifd im in the middle of the game and minimize it to look for a song would be ok with you? While I am in game with you?

Get an application like winamp, set it to play an entire playlist.

January 1, 2010 11:36:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,

Well, no. Thats not ok. You know that there is a very big chance that your game will crash.

But just clicking "play" and running demigod, while your media player program is running with your music playlist, is just fine.

I dont use many programms, but Windows media player causes no problems with Demigod.

Now if you want to minimize and change songs etc, thats a different story.

My keyboard has basic media player button controls, like "play", "next", "previous", "volume", etc. so I am able to change songs without minimizing.

January 1, 2010 12:42:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yep Demigod has great graphics... Now let's all go back to playing LoL.

January 1, 2010 12:54:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting morpheas768,

Quoting synnworld, reply 17
Well, no. Thats not ok. You know that there is a very big chance that your game will crash.

But just clicking "play" and running demigod, while your media player program is running with your music playlist, is just fine.

I dont use many programms, but Windows media player causes no problems with Demigod.

Now if you want to minimize and change songs etc, thats a different story.

My keyboard has basic media player button controls, like "play", "next", "previous", "volume", etc. so I am able to change songs without minimizing.
yea my laptop dosen't have all tht.

Quoting Splitshadow,

Get an application like winamp, set it to play an entire playlist.
And what exactly says I am going to listen to every song in order? Sometimes I want to hear one song 5 times in a row.

January 1, 2010 1:09:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And what exactly says I am going to listen to every song in order? Sometimes I want to hear one song 5 times in a row.

Add the same song to your playlist multiple times, or put multiple versions of it back to back, or use an mp3 player that gets power from your computer's USB ports like mine.

January 1, 2010 3:50:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

are you playing on a '95 laptop?!  My laptop from 2000 (an old p.o.s.) even has basic music controls.

Even then.. just make a playlist, hop in a lobby, and gogo.  If it turns out you didn't like your playlist, minimize after the game, make a new playlist (something you would have had to do even if the option was in game), and hop back into another lobby.  Unless you can't make a playlist you will enjoy for an < hour before feeling a complete change of heart... in which case I can't help you :/

January 30, 2010 10:37:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I took the loading screen from the beginning, did some EXTENSIVE clone stamping to get rid of all the legal text and logos, then I increased the contrast and added some color. What do you think?

January 31, 2010 12:17:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thats really nice, but why did you go through all this trouble?

Anyway

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000391   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.