The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

I will give you $1,000,000 if......

You can show me an even 'semi-viable' Sedna Yeti build

By on December 29, 2009 10:48:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What, no one has a sense of humor on here anymore???

Seriously though, I know its all over the forums how worthless Yetis are, and I know you can't change certain FACTS in this game (yetis may be FOREVER SUCKY), but that's why it's worth a million dollars!! 

The heart of this post though, is that I REALLY REALLY REALLY want more variety in builds while I'm playing.  A few problems generally forbid this, 1.) hp stacking has been pretty firmly established as the only way to fly during high level games 2.) favor item balance (i.e. BOF) 3.) You can't really test new/random builds against noobs since they r worse than ai , and in high level games if u try something untested u will most likely be raped with a baseball bat and called every name in the book by your teammates (which even those two aren't that important except for the end result is the same-- the new builds are almost NEVER  viable....)  Granted, if the community were bigger I could probably get many all random, no ere/ub/oak, double/triples, etc. games going just for fun, but I digress...

Also, a predominantly open (offensive) QoT minion build would be really fun to see on here too, especially since a group of pretty good players said they were owned by such a QoT the other day (maybe it exists, but I havent seen it). 

So, finally, I readily admit that I am most likely pissing in the wind, but hey- a guy can dream cant he?   

+1 Karma | 31 Replies
December 29, 2009 11:20:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Actually the ai is still worse than noobs

December 29, 2009 12:06:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,
Actually the ai is still worse than noobs

Not always. I played a game a day ago where one person dropped on both sides and we just kept playing it. At maybe 8-10 minutes in their AI had one death (he had mainly fought our AI, but still only 1 death) and their DA (human) had 5. He kept on running in to attack me as Oak next to my tower when I had 2x his hp and monks.

So while you're normally right, some of the time the AI can be an advantage

December 29, 2009 12:40:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Legolan,

Quoting synnworld, reply 1Actually the ai is still worse than noobs

Not always. I played a game a day ago where one person dropped on both sides and we just kept playing it. At maybe 8-10 minutes in their AI had one death (he had mainly fought our AI, but still only 1 death) and their DA (human) had 5. He kept on running in to attack me as Oak next to my tower when I had 2x his hp and monks.

So while you're normally right, some of the time the AI can be an advantage

I am guessing it was pug because Da is extremely easy to do die with especially outside a premade game. And if you put him in the hands of a noob than you literally giving the opposing team free kills. A da player has to have good since of timing on when to go in and when to come out of combat.

December 29, 2009 1:47:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What do you mean viable?

I can make one up that is more viable than reg, queen, DA and most TBs.

The main problem is that non yeti builds are just better and everyone knows it. Yetis are not that bad but always worse than non yeti builds.

What you are really wanting is for GPG to ballance the game, since they appear not to want to at the moment the best thing you can do is go to the mod forums and support ballance mods.

December 29, 2009 2:55:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeti builds are bad compared to other builds, but even if Yetis were "good" it will still be the weakest minion build since Sedna has no skills to enhance yeti damage. (SoF, Spikes, Bite). So there is no viable yeti build against an equally skilled opponent.

The "good" QoT build is still bad against people who know what to do. Queen has no interrupt, so they can spend the 2 seconds in battle to use a large pot after both fight to the point of engaging a sigil. Queen needs to run or die at that point because she will be running out of mana and will also hit 1 HP 1st. It's so hilariously unfunny to watch someone stand there for 2 seconds and not be able to do anything about it as QoT.

Heh, and I've also seen plenty of players that are much worse than the AI. My fondest is the health stacked rook who at level 1 walked up to my EB parked at a tower. After getting promptly killed he was like "OMG how does that make any sense? I had 3000HP and I am rook".

December 29, 2009 2:58:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting nzac,
What do you mean viable?

I can make one up that is more viable than reg, queen, DA and most TBs.

The main problem is that non yeti builds are just better and everyone knows it. Yetis are not that bad but always worse than non yeti builds.

What you are really wanting is for GPG to ballance the game, since they appear not to want to at the moment the best thing you can do is go to the mod forums and support ballance mods.

Viable= something one can use in a at least a medium skill level game and have at least a 50% chance of winning; something that is not a complete fail. [Definition taken from Miller's Dictionary]

Cmon guys, its not rocket science, nor is this a courtroom for debating EVERY LITTLE NUANCE.... Jeez!! I didnt ask if they are worse, that's obvious, I'm not trying to prove anything-- JUST SHOW ME A BUILD that works pretty well-- am just curious, and everyone stop trying to be so effing smart on here!  Cause I guarantee you you're not as smart as you think you are... [*walks away fuming*]  Sorry, had to get that one off my chest, not directed to you in particular nzac  (straw that broke the back)  

And no, i'm not going to the mod forums, i'm just venting-- and curious about random, different, fun (hopefully viable) builds.  And yes, I know there was a post earlier in this forum about the most fun to play builds and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

December 29, 2009 3:38:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

there is no viable sedna build with yetis. sorry to ruin your dreams.

address all complaints to gpg, too bad they don't give a **** tho.

December 29, 2009 4:36:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,
Yeti builds are bad compared to other builds, but even if Yetis were "good" it will still be the weakest minion build since Sedna has no skills to enhance yeti damage. (SoF, Spikes, Bite). So there is no viable yeti build against an equally skilled opponent.

The "good" QoT build is still bad against people who know what to do. Queen has no interrupt, so they can spend the 2 seconds in battle to use a large pot after engaging a sigil. Queen needs to run or die at that point because she will be running out of mana and will already have some leaked damage through the shields.. It's so hilariously unfunny to watch someone stand there for 2 seconds and not be able to do anything.

Heh, and I've also seen plenty of players that are much worse than the AI. My fondest is the health stacked rook who at level 1 walked up to my EB parked at a tower. After getting promptly killed he was like "OMG how does that make any sense? I had 3000HP and I am rook".

sigil with queen and also pot than she will be back in business.

December 29, 2009 4:41:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well I think you would pot then sigil? But don't see the point. Pots have short cooldowns and somehow I doubt that Queen can go through 3k hp every 8 seconds or whatever the cooldown is.

December 29, 2009 4:52:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yetis (which are basically repackaged tank minions) should be replaced with dps priests who have long heal cooldowns (30s), and then Sedna's minion build might be viable/desirable.

December 29, 2009 5:20:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting abuggeredhedgie,
well I think you would pot then sigil? But don't see the point. Pots have short cooldowns and somehow I doubt that Queen can go through 3k hp every 8 seconds or whatever the cooldown is.
ok ok ill sigil than mulch

December 29, 2009 6:29:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting abuggeredhedgie,

If you pot 1st, QoT will run away with mana, which means she will come back at you soon enough after priest heal and army rebuild.

If you sigil, you will make her sigil, then you large pot, and she is in danager of going to 1HP 1st, and /or run out of mana, which is death. This will kick her out of the lane back to base.

Also, the large pot may work once with QoT. Try it again and you'll have an interrupt waiting for you, and then you are in trouble if this was your "not die" strategy.

This is not to say the good QoT isn't dangerous, but against the best DGs when they are fresh, you are going to lose.

Consider these scenarios when you are exposed and not tower hugging (like pushing a flag or defending a portal 1vs1)

eg: UB + Spit / Ooze + BotS + Health Stack. This guy is going to have 7K life and you are going to have 4.5K or 5K depending on item choice (or no mana which is worse). You cannot win if you are both fresh and have sigils. If you are not fresh you are going to die unless a double tower is real close. If he is not fresh he is going to get away, he just has to TP and you can't stop him.

Tower Rook with Boulder 1+ & Hammer 3+. QoT cannot escape the boulder stun / Hammer combo at a certain distance because she it too big of a foot print. You are going to die fighting this against a good player as your only defense is to not fight. Basically, if you can spike, you are too close in an internet game. If he queues a step back, steps forward, and you lag, you are dead as you will move forward into the death zone. If you don't target him, you aren't going to hit him in his towers.

Assasin Oak. This is just all around bad for you. He is going to put a beat on you so badly you are going to want to cry. Snare/Interrupt/AoE Boost/Life Stack... Pen will interrupt a Ground Spike if you do it right. Everything you do he does better. He will beat you by 25% life everytime if you don't run. If you don't run early, you aren't going to get away. If you run early, you're the one who needs to go to base, not him.

Sedna: You cannot kill her... eventually you cannnot hurt her and will run out of mana in a battle. A level 20 QoT has no chance against a level 15 Sedna simply because she can regen faster than you can do damage. I've tried, you are going to need to leave the engagment every single time.

LE: It's LE... do we really need to go there?

That leaves Reg, TB, and Da...

December 29, 2009 6:50:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,

Quoting abuggeredhedgie, reply 9well I think you would pot then sigil? But don't see the point. Pots have short cooldowns and somehow I doubt that Queen can go through 3k hp every 8 seconds or whatever the cooldown is.

If you pot 1st, QoT will run away with mana, which means she will come back at you soon enough after priest heal and army rebuild.

If you sigil, you will make her sigil, then you large pot, and she is in danager of going to 1HP 1st, and /or run out of mana, which is death. This will kick her out of the lane back to base.

Also, the large pot may work once with QoT. Try it again and you'll have an interrupt waiting for you, and then you are in trouble if this was your "not die" strategy.

This is not to say the good QoT isn't dangerous, but against the best DGs when they are fresh, you are going to lose.

Consider these scenarios when you are exposed and not tower hugging (like pushing a flag or defending a portal 1vs1)

eg: UB + Spit / Ooze + BotS + Health Stack. This guy is going to have 7K life and you are going to have 4.5K or 5K depending on item choice (or no mana which is worse). You cannot win if you are both fresh and have sigils. If you are not fresh you are going to die unless a double tower is real close. If he is not fresh he is going to get away, he just has to TP and you can't stop him.

Tower Rook with Boulder 1+ & Hammer 3+. QoT cannot escape the boulder stun / Hammer combo at a certain distance because she it too big of a foot print. You are going to die fighting this against a good player as your only defense is to not fight. Basically, if you can spike, you are too close in an internet game. If he queues a step back, steps forward, and you lag, you are dead as you will move forward into the death zone. If you don't target him, you aren't going to hit him in his towers.

Assasin Oak. This is just all around bad for you. He is going to put a beat on you so badly you are going to want to cry. Snare/Interrupt/AoE Boost/Life Stack... Pen will interrupt a Ground Spike if you do it right. Everything you do he does better. He will beat you by 25% life everytime if you don't run. If you don't run early, you aren't going to get away. If you run early, you're the one who needs to go to base, not him.

Sedna: You cannot kill her... eventually you cannnot hurt her and will run out of mana in a battle. A level 20 QoT has no chance against a level 15 Sedna simply because she can regen faster than you can do damage. I've tried, you are going to need to leave the engagment every single time.

You over look one thing. Why the hell would a good qot engage any demigod in a 1 on 1 beyond level 7?

December 29, 2009 7:00:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
  1. Heal
  2. Healing Wind
  3. Yetis
  4. Heal
  5. Healing Wind
  6. Yetis
  7. Heal
  8. Yetis
  9. Save
  10. Heal + Yetis

Strategy: re Cast Yeti's only when tower assaulting or at crystal. They are to expensive to spam. Mainly you will be a healbot sedna with yeti's.

It isn't the best build for Sedna, but you'll still beat the majority of QoT, Reg and DA players. I can haz millionz now?

Seriously though, she is one of the better DG's, so even a less than optimal build with her is still better than most others can field.

December 29, 2009 7:09:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Okay, I'm game for this... 

While yeti builds are subpar to non-yeti builds, I don't think they're as bad as people make them out to be.  If you get Pounce I for the interrupt (+ additional dmg), you're going to be in pretty good shape even with a yeti focus afterwards.

The yetis provide a good amount of steady damage, which I believe is greater than pounce alone.. provided they're hitting their target.  When attacking towers (and rooks) they serve to take a bit of the fire as well.  Don't get me wrong though, burst damage > steady dmg as its available in an instant.  That being said and to contradict myself, I do enjoy seeing a steady movement of someone's hp bar going down.

So, alas, while not necessarily the best yeti build, I'm thinking something like this... The order can be switched up as needed

Heal I

Healing Wind I

Pounce I

Horn of the Yeti I

Horn of the Yeti II

Heal II

Healing Wind II

Counter Healing

Heal III

Horn of the Yeti III

--- That's lvl 10 --- 

Then, maybe... 

Horn of the Yeti IV

Pounce II

Pounce III

Pounce IV

--- This is level 14.. most games are decided by this point... 

December 29, 2009 7:13:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"If you pot 1st, QoT will run away with mana, which means she will come back at you soon enough after priest heal and army rebuild."

If she backs away I cancel my pot. I let my priests heal me too. If I won last engagement I'll win this engagement too. AND I'll still have my pot.

"If you sigil, you will make her sigil, then you large pot, and she is in danager of going to 1HP 1st, and /or run out of mana, which is death. This will kick her out of the lane back to base."

If I sigil then pot I am wasting precious time. Sigils only last 20 seconds. Plus, 950 gold for a lane is DAMN expensive.

"Also, the large pot may work once with QoT. Try it again and you'll have an interrupt waiting for you, and then you are in trouble if this was your "not die" strategy."

Wait what? Now I'm engaging 2v1? When did this happen?

December 29, 2009 7:26:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

give shamblers each the ability to stun .

December 29, 2009 7:40:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol.

Open minion queen build is actually her best build and even competitive in high level games with tier I chars. But dont tell anyone.

December 29, 2009 8:59:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,

Quoting LORD-ORION,
reply 12

Quoting abuggeredhedgie, reply 9well I think you would pot then sigil? But don't see the point. Pots have short cooldowns and somehow I doubt that Queen can go through 3k hp every 8 seconds or whatever the cooldown is.

You over look one thing. Why the hell would a good qot engage any demigod in a 1 on 1 beyond level 7?

Push a flag, tower, or defend a port... it is envitable that you must 1vs1 to win the game.

December 30, 2009 10:43:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LOL Shake...    Well, thanks to Zech and Levi for actually addressing the OP with a good effort.  Now if I can only unlock that hidden favor item that makes yetis invincible!  (only 150,000,000 favor points to go!!)

December 30, 2009 12:12:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They still wouldn't be great.

December 30, 2009 3:50:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Splitshadow,
They still wouldn't be great.

PARTY POOPER!!! 

December 31, 2009 9:53:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I  can think of a use for yetis.  Put one point in them and use them to blow up regulus' mines.  

P.S. Fun mod - Sedna can summon an infinite number of yetis, two at a time.

December 31, 2009 10:49:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,

Quoting synnworld, reply 13

Quoting LORD-ORION,
reply 12

Push a flag, tower, or defend a port... it is envitable that you must 1vs1 to win the game.

I never seen a game won through one on one means; unless it was actually a one on one game.  Most games are won when teammates atleast start to stick together and 2 on 1 or 3 on 1 everything in their path. Only time I see a one one one happening is when someone is trying to farm a a lane; or stupid enough to try and push a tower rook out a lane without the help of minions or a teammate.  Below level 7,  unless you two on one give the lane up to qot. After 7 sadly to say she can be eaten alive if not careful.

January 5, 2010 12:15:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lifekatana,
lol.

Open minion queen build is actually her best build and even competitive in high level games with tier I chars. But dont tell anyone.

Sounds fun!!  Post the basic build then

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000875   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.