The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Stat Rant

By on December 29, 2009 12:15:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's been said a million times, and everyone is tired of hearing it, but I feel like writing this anyways...

I hate cheaters and the inability of the stats system to query multiple players regarding the outcome of a game!!!!!! Out of the 4 games I played today, 1 recorded correctly. That is a 25% success rate. One game didn't show up due to Citadel Crashing Host Plug Pull Invalid Gamestate Error, one game recorded as a loss because the host rage quit, one game showed up as N/A because the host rage quit, and one game recorded correctly. Maybe I shouldn't be playing have been playing in the lobbies I did (low level lobbies), but I've been getting kicked due to what "appears" to be a mere 15 games (and I'm proud of that... had a nearly 2 week vacation away from home). Damn stats overlay is a blessing and a curse. 

Anyway, rant over.

+4 Karma | 9 Replies
December 29, 2009 1:25:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Erm, people would have to be complete n00bs to kick you Sac. You've been around for a long time. Doesn't anyone realize that there has been a stat reset?

December 29, 2009 1:34:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sorry to here that but that doesn't happen every day and if you want to play demigod you kind of have to live with its problems because there never going to completely go away.

December 29, 2009 2:23:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes Cow, I realize all of that... just needed to vent a tad  

December 29, 2009 11:58:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just tell people that you know what you're doing and have several hundred games prior to the reset. It is sometimes difficult to separate the new people from the people who have been on vacation since the reset. Personally, as long as you can vouch that you know what you're doing (and don't act retarded at the start) I'm good with it.

December 29, 2009 6:17:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Legolan,
Just tell people that you know what you're doing and have several hundred games prior to the reset. 

I can't tell you how many times I've heard that from someone that turned out to be a total noob.

December 29, 2009 8:11:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Melric is right.

Check total games at pantheon for any indication.

December 29, 2009 9:26:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I had a similar experience on Saturday.

I won 5 of 6 games and got 1 win and 2 losses recorded.  Host exploits were used in 4 of 6 games I played.

It's pretty hard to improve my 20% win ratio if only the losses get recorded (and wins get recorded as losses).

I wouldn't care so much, but I keep getting kicked due to poor win ratio.

It is kinda funny though when the host forces me onto the other team, and then we win 'cause our team is stacked against them!

December 29, 2009 11:27:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Am I the only one thinking stats should just be put out of their misery, killed dead, etc?

December 30, 2009 3:56:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, unranked games have been needed since day one. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.