The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

I KNOW SO STFU!

By on December 26, 2009 8:55:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Recently i played a game where one of my teamates, after about lvl 8 started harassing me for not taking stun(ereb) claiming "if you had stunned him i wouldn't have died" or "that should have been our kill... see how useful stun is!"

Now before you flame me, i do know stun is good and I will take it IF i am playing on voice chat or in a pm cause i know that it will help ganks, pugging you can't count on that, and saving your teamates then causes them to assume you will do it every time and rq when you don't

Instead of taking stun i take bite and minions all the way meaning i can push any other dg out of their lane, but i can't help teamates

Basically: one skill doesn't make a player good or bad and not all builds take the same skill

So if i say i won't get stun STFU

/end rant

Macc

+10 Karma | 39 Replies
December 26, 2009 9:18:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He forgot to mention that he rage quit like a tard.

Numerous times stun was needed to bail teammates out from death or for kills and after waiting forever to see if he would use it, because I'm used to good Ereb players using it early, I asked. And of course he gives me this song and dance about not needing it and of course this made no sense whatsoever. You are the only player on our team with an interrupt and you don't think its important until after level 12. WTF!

I'm sorry, but all the decent Ereb's I've played with, always get stun way before level 12. You've got a lot to learn about being a good teammate with Ereb.

December 26, 2009 9:59:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wrastler: TB has an interrupt. 2 in fact. You choose not to get them as well.

Difference is...?

December 26, 2009 10:42:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Uh I don't do Ice Build and he knew that. He simply refused to get an interrupt while the opposing teams raped us since their Ereb used it all the time.

December 26, 2009 11:33:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting wrastler118,
Uh I don't do Ice Build and he knew that. He simply refused to get an interrupt while the opposing teams raped us since their Ereb used it all the time.

Then adapt to your opponents and your teammates

December 26, 2009 11:37:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Actually he needed to adapt to his teammates.

December 27, 2009 12:08:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting wrastler118,
Actually he needed to adapt to his teammates.

And you don't because you're a top 25 player, amirite?

December 27, 2009 12:12:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

imo it's more efficient for any erabus to get 1 point in mass charm in comparison to a fire tb having to switch forms to something he has no other skills in to interrupt (and thus has to wait another second to pop back into fire form).

The pug argument against not taking mass charm is fail imo.  Free caplocks on portal flags that your pug teammates probably won't help you defend anyway are awesome.  

December 27, 2009 12:32:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"

imo it's more efficient for any erabus to get 1 point in mass charm in comparison to a fire tb having to switch forms to something he has no other skills in to interrupt (and thus has to wait another second to pop back into fire form)."

of course, I pretty much assumed someone would eventually say l2p to Mac. I just have way too much fun having a friendly talk with wrastler, so that is what I did.

December 27, 2009 7:39:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If neither player are willing to try and adapt than neither has the right to complain about the wa someone else plays.

December 27, 2009 9:04:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I do love stuns. I'm always TB and love timing stuns together

Anyone remember the chain stuns back in Beta? It was rediculous. You could just chain stun people with two TBs.

December 27, 2009 10:43:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i understand you maccilia. you dont know how to handle playing and having a good overview at the same time. perhaps you just need more games to get that ability. i wont tell you that its dumb not to take stun and that the other team doesnt care why you are the one who cant help his mates since youre topic clearly says you already know that you strategy is shit. good luck with going on to suck against good opponents

December 27, 2009 11:49:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Derog,
i understand you maccilia. you dont know how to handle playing and having a good overview at the same time. perhaps you just need more games to get that ability. i wont tell you that its dumb not to take stun and that the other team doesnt care why you are the one who cant help his mates since youre topic clearly says you already know that you strategy is shit. good luck with going on to suck against good opponents
Wow....simply wow. I can't even come up with a sarcastic remark for how pointless your post was Derog.

December 27, 2009 12:03:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/1169665/player/74276/

Is this the game with wrastler playing as UB?  Or is that a bug and he was fire tb?  Just curious.  Thanks.

December 27, 2009 12:23:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There is no excuse why a player would not invest 1 point in obtaining a potentially game changing skill.  The simple fact that a well-timed stun can deny and gain your side kills justifies "1" point being spent.  You absolutely do not need voice chat or a pm group to use stun effectively; that is a poor excuse.  As someone who does nothing but PUG, the difference between playing Ere with a stun and without is night and day.  In this case, one skill does indeed make the player more effective (it's equivilant to a UB not taking grasp, or Rook not taking boulder roll).

December 27, 2009 12:58:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,

Wow....simply wow. I can't even come up with a sarcastic remark for how pointless your post was Derog.

i cant help you with your lack of creativity but just for you i will point out what i wanted to express:

fact is: taking stun is never really wrong.

2. not taking it in many cases is wrong.

so you should have a good reason for not taking stun.

he doesnt take it because he says "saving your teamates then causes them to assume you will do it every time and rq when you don't". at first: yeah you should save you mates. really... you should. and you should try to do it like... yeah... always - if theres not a damn good reason to just let them die (that even sounds totally dumb). second. they dont rq if you dont save them after having saved them a few times. thats crap. nonsense.

what he basically says is that when he pugs he cant handle teamplay without voice and doesnt help his teammates very well . first because he just isnt able to do so (bite only slows one chasing enemy... if he even tries to help), second because he doesnt want to because when he stops helping they ragequit. oh again... bullshit. the more i think about it the crappier it sounds. really.

so his reason is crap and it seems to me that he lacks teamplay skills. now you should get the point... btw. when i look at your stats synnworld then i think that you propably need lessons in teamplay as well.

December 27, 2009 1:17:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Derog,

Quoting synnworld, reply 12
i cant help you with your lack of creativity but just for you i will point out what i wanted to express:

fact is: taking stun is never really wrong.

2. not taking it in many cases is wrong.

so you should have a good reason for not taking stun.

he doesnt take it because he says "saving your teamates then causes them to assume you will do it every time and rq when you don't". at first: yeah you should save you mates. really... you should. and you should try to do it like... yeah... always - if theres not a damn good reason to just let them die (that even sounds totally dumb). second. they dont rq if you dont save them after having saved them a few times. thats crap. nonsense.

what he basically says is that when he pugs he cant handle teamplay without voice and doesnt help his teammates very well . first because he just isnt able to do so (bite only slows one chasing enemy... if he even tries to help), second because he doesnt want to because when he stops helping they ragequit. oh again... bullshit. the more i think about it the crappier it sounds. really.

so his reason is crap and it seems to me that he lacks teamplay skills. now you should get the point... btw. when i look at your stats synnworld then i think that you propably need lessons in teamplay as well.
I find it fun you yell stat this and stat that. Have you ever played with me , no. Have you ever played against me? No, so how exactly do you know how good I am with team play? You don't so until you do; don't talk like you know anything about me, my team wor, or my playing style.

Secondly, while your post have a point now your first one was nothing less than a insult to another player. You could have got your point across without insulting Maccilia without insulting him/her, but you didn't so your post was pointless.

Edit: Let me think...I have played horsestrangler, Xavierfist, pacov, Izuz, yeadon (or however it is spelled), uncleanbeast, and Frogboy. But never you.

December 27, 2009 1:18:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/1169665/player/74276/

Is this the game with wrastler playing as UB?  Or is that a bug and he was fire tb?  Just curious.  Thanks.

Point Pacov

December 27, 2009 1:20:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Derog[/quote][quote who="spector_0_0" reply="14" id="2488667"]There is no excuse why a player would not invest 1 point in obtaining a potentially game changing skill.  The simple fact that a well-timed stun can deny and gain your side kills justifies "1" point being spent.  You absolutely do not need voice chat or a pm group to use stun effectively; that is a poor excuse.  As someone who does nothing but PUG, the difference between playing Ere with a stun and without is night and day.  In this case, one skill does indeed make the player more effective (it's equivilant to a UB not taking grasp, or Rook not taking boulder roll).

Derog take note of the post I am quoting. Spector got his/her point across without trying to insult or sound insulting to MAccilia.Learn from it and move on.

December 27, 2009 1:26:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Stats are worthless to judge people on from my experience.

As long as someone has like, 20 games, I'm ok with it.

December 27, 2009 2:02:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There is no excuse why a player would not invest 1 point in obtaining a potentially game changing skill. The simple fact that a well-timed stun can deny and gain your side kills justifies "1" point being spent.

But it only works like that if your teammates can attack/flee when you stun, sometimes i have taken stun and had noobs turn around to try and kill the person, getting themselves killed... i have also stunned people and had my teamate run away when if they had attacked we would have a kill... my point is that bad teamates (wrastler is a good teamate btw) make it worthless for a quarter second stun at least until late game where i said i would get it....

If neither player are willing to try and adapt than neither has the right to complain about the wa someone else plays.

^^ pretty much i didn't flame wrastler for imo being to aggressive against a rook with an ereb that was speccing stun and bite... i don't mind when people say "plz take stun" or "will you get it" or "can you get it early" but i do get pissed off when people take every opportunity to tell me how most of their deaths are my fault cause i didn't  get stun and then imply that i am a bad player because i don't get stun... and i quote wrastler "all the good erebs take stun early" <-- that implies i am a bad ereb

He simply refused to get an interrupt while the opposing teams raped us since their Ereb used it all the time.

umm i didn't level between the time you told me to get charm and the time i quit... i would have gotten it but you wouldn't shut up, i heard you the first time oh and the other ereb used it when you attacked rook in his farm...

Finally, when the portal war starts if we need it (if no oak cause then its worthless w/ shield) i will get stun but we had just reached that part of the game.

December 27, 2009 2:04:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is this the game with wrastler playing as UB?

yes

December 27, 2009 2:15:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Maccilia,

Is this the game with wrastler playing as UB?
yes
Than the whole tb argument was a pointless waste of time....

December 27, 2009 3:47:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Maccilia,

But it only works like that if your teammates can attack/flee when you stun, sometimes i have taken stun and had noobs turn around to try and kill the person, getting themselves killed... i have also stunned people and had my teamate run away when if they had attacked we would have a kill... my point is that bad teamates (wrastler is a good teamate btw) make it worthless for a quarter second stun at least until late game where i said i would get it....

so an already bad team will benefit from you playing worse? not that you begin to think a stun could help against rooks slam or minion ereb....

Quoting Maccilia,

if no oak cause then its worthless w/ shield

so one player out of three of the enemy team will make you not take stun and therefore not being able to lock their flag?

pls stop populating your ideas. i dont want beginners in the game who say "yeah... we read the forums and there exist good reasons for not taking stun at all - they have an OAK!!"

December 27, 2009 3:53:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know the first thing I'm telling you if we ever play a game together.

December 27, 2009 4:15:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thats alright if you dont really believe it.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000265   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.