The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Trying to get better

By on December 23, 2009 7:14:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Merc365

Join Date 06/2009

I can not for the life of me get replays to play on my computer. I download them and then put them in the replay folder under gas powered games. When I start demigod and go to replays there is nothing there but my last game. Any suggestions?

Also...don't know if they are related but can't get DA to be selectable in single player. I read the other post and have run the game as administrator, Played a game as DA on line and got my head handed to me...thanks Horseradish. I even tried hosting a game with DA selected. I still cannot select him in single player. Any help would be great.

Locked Post 25 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 23, 2009 7:48:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The replay needs to be the same version of DG

For DA, this worked for me. I went into Impulse, right clicked on Demigod and chose Verify Installation. After that I could play DA in single player.

December 23, 2009 7:54:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ya u can no longer watch any of the older replays.  Pretty stupid imo.

December 23, 2009 8:22:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Where can I find replays I can watch?

December 23, 2009 8:26:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you for the suggestion...it did not work either though. Any other ideas short of unistalling and reinstalling?

December 23, 2009 9:23:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i am running windows 7 64-bit.
to get him to work for me, I used "run as administrator" option on game shortcut, ran the game, multiplayer -> login -> host game -> select demon assasain -> leave lobby -> go to single player -> skirmish -> demon selectable

but you said you already did this, so I'm fresh out of ideas

December 23, 2009 9:38:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yep...thanks any way.

December 23, 2009 11:08:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you are looking for games to watch www.gamereplays.org has them.

December 23, 2009 11:46:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

don't know if they are related but can't get DA to be selectable in single player.

I suggest sending an email to [email protected] and let them know that you are unable to get at demon assassin.  If you haven't already done some, please check out the thread here:  https://forums.demigodthegame.com/369993.  That might sort u out.

December 24, 2009 10:31:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The replays only play in the old Commodore 64 format.

December 27, 2009 6:47:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks Pacov. I have read that thread but not thought of sending the email so I will do that.

I currnetly use that site Cow. When I download replays they go into the demigod replays folder and are right next to the last game I played. When I access the replays window only my last game is there for loading. So I will send an email about that as well. Thank you guys for all of your help.

Commodore 64's and Amiga's are so hard to find any more. You must be the envy of your neighborhood Wrastler.

December 27, 2009 7:31:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When I download replays they go into the demigod replays folder and are right next to the last game I played. When I access the replays window only my last game is there for loading.

again.. any replay from before the patch - 80% of the replays on that site - will NOT work anymore.  They can't be bothered to make a simple method to play content from old patches.  

December 27, 2009 9:35:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting RAWRRRR,

When I download replays they go into the demigod replays folder and are right next to the last game I played. When I access the replays window only my last game is there for loading.

again.. any replay from before the patch - 80% of the replays on that site - will NOT work anymore.  They can't be bothered to make a simple method to play content from old patches.  

I think that it would require backing up all the lua for every single patch: I have no issue with it, but some people might complain because think after, say, 20 patches all those extra lua files could be a gig or more.

December 28, 2009 10:53:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The games downloaded are recent games that were played and posted well after 1.2 was released.

December 29, 2009 1:47:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I didn't realize that the replays were not working anymore, ill investigate and let some people know about it. I am part of the staff at Gamereplays.

December 29, 2009 2:31:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thx, cow.  Poly went silent not too long ago. 

December 29, 2009 8:44:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sweet...thanks cow.

December 29, 2009 10:25:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well I made a post in the staff forum so now its a matter of time.

December 30, 2009 8:24:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey Cid, regarding that panth game that we played (I was TB it was on Zik and I had an Ereb on your team, Sacrificial Soul was on your team).

Here's my feedback:

God you were shy. You'd walk forward to think about fighting me I'd hit you a few times with my AA then you'd back away just as you were close enough to hit me. After kiting you for an eternity I think you'd get frustrated at me and do something rash like grasp me next to a tower.

Spit is UB's counter-kite. Spit on the bastard, walk away (stand behind a tower). Walk forward do it again... I won't be able to take successive spits like that without a monk (which I didn't have). 2 Level II spits basically takes away more than half my hp and if I get a third I'm pretty much going home without a fight.

Now, maybe you were dealing with a lot of mana issues but the solution to that is always BotS. If you're laned against a TB or Reg BotS is always a good idea. It means that me kiting you hurts a helluva lot more (compared to Blood) but you can tank my attacks better than I can tank yours. Keep that in mind.

Really, in general you seemed to have a very poor grasp of when to engage and when not to. Maybe you just didn't know how to deal with a kiter (and, I'm not a good kiter, I'm sure I fucked up dozens of times in tiny ways that game). You'd engage when you had half hp and then run when you had full hp.

Against a TB who you get into melee range the best time to grasp is the second I turn around. You don't need to open with a grasp since all you did was stop me from hititng you for a few seconds. Open with a grasp when you're trying to finish a duel quickly (example: pushing me off a flag). If you're going for a kill, then you should probably save it for when I try to back up or pot or teleport out. (Eg, I escaped that double-UB gank that one time. That never should have happened). Also don't try to use Grasp for a life-steal unless we are BOTH very close to dying. It is almost always better to use it as an offensive weapon rather than a defensive one. Typically past level 7 it is best to break your grasp since the swing damage of doing 333 damage and healing 333 is less than the potential raw dps you could deal out in the 2 seconds you'd be free to spit or AA (since you're hitting for more than 200 damage and slightly more than once per second past level 7). Learn how to time your breaks with your grasp and you can actually 'hax' and melee twice in about 2/3rds of a second. 

You also partnered with your buddy a bit too much: this loses games because you share XP while allowing my team to power-level. In a game a few after the one we had they stuck together the whole game while I literally triple-farmed on Zik (I'd kill both waves at the middle tower with Rain of Ice, cap the right flag, walk over to the portal, rain that, cap the portal, walk back, rain the right-flag lane,  walk to the middle tower to farm those)... Yes, I had Wand of Speed + BotS.

I was level 18 when they were level 11. My partner was around 13.

Sadly the game was over a bit too quickly to give you any more feedback. I'll try to give you a better critique the next time I see you around.,

December 30, 2009 9:10:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting el_cid1988,
Thanks Pacov. I have read that thread but not thought of sending the email so I will do that.

I currnetly use that site Cow. When I download replays they go into the demigod replays folder and are right next to the last game I played. When I access the replays window only my last game is there for loading. So I will send an email about that as well. Thank you guys for all of your help.

Commodore 64's and Amiga's are so hard to find any more. You must be the envy of your neighborhood Wrastler.

Poly read this post, the problem is that the replays do not show up in the replays folder in game. The problem has nothing to do with uploading them to gamereplays.org

December 31, 2009 11:18:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks Poly. For some reason your link worked. I did have to move the downloaded game into my profile file in the replay file but other than that I'm golden. I'm looking forward to watching.

December 31, 2009 11:21:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks again Hedgie...I gave you +1 karma for the critique. I see the karma appeared but not the messsage. Did you get that? If not I'll repost it.

December 31, 2009 2:55:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I suggest this replay,

http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/replays.php?game=51&tab=upcoming&show=details&id=105570&st=0#post6745833 

it was the most fun I have had in a long time.

January 2, 2010 10:16:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey cow and poly thanks again for the replays. One question though. Both of your replays worked when I clicked on the links you gave me but when I download from the site they still are not selectable in my replay window even though they are in the same folder with your replays. wtf?

January 2, 2010 10:28:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's all good. Both problems fixed...thank you for every ones help. New Years resolution...be less of an idiot, that and improve my game. I'll see you out there gents.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000063   Page Render Time: