The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Deep Freeze bugged? (isn't :D)

By on December 23, 2009 3:17:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok. I've started playing a lot again and this was the first thing I noticed, being a TB player.

Deep Freeze doesn't seem to increase cooldowns.

Back when I played before, if I Deep Freeze say...a Sedna 7 seconds after she healed. She wouldnt be able to heal for another 5 seconds, because Deep Freeze would increase her cooldowns by (at lvl1) 130% (which would be more then the duration of Deep Freeze because heal's cooldown is 7 seconds itself (so 130% of 7 is 9.1). 

But I noticed it didnt seem to work. 

So I opened a game with both of my computers and used Oak (shield is a huge cooldown, its easiest to see a change there) and TB. 

Ran them to the middle and shielded (lvl 1, so no debuff immune, and I saw the debuff appear), 35 second cooldown. I used Deep Freeze and the cooldown didn't change. 

So I tried it on Surge of Faith. This time lvl 4 Deep Freeze (220%) on Surge of Faith, Shield and Pent and no change at all.

This can't be working right.

Edit: 5 seconds, my bad.

+60 Karma | 15 Replies
December 23, 2009 4:42:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The way it works is as follows.  I hit you with deep freeze.  If you cast any ability while deep freeze is active, your cooldown is increased by the value indicated by deep freeze.  You might be describing the way it worked before (I think you are, actually), but I believe Sorian put in a fix so that it functions they way I described. The new way functions as a a deterent from using any abilities for however long deep freeze lasts.

So, now, if deep freeze is active and a player casts an ability, the cooldown of that ability is increased by X %. Does that make sense?

December 23, 2009 4:48:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So only anything that has less then a 5 second cooldown is effected?

That doesnt make sense.

December 23, 2009 4:51:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,
So only anything that has less then a 5 second cooldown is effected?

That doesnt make sense.

No, only abilities that are used during the freeze period are affected. Any skill that is already waiting for cooldown is un-affected.

December 23, 2009 4:53:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No, only abilities that are used during the freeze period are affected. Any skill that is already waiting for cooldown is un-affected.

Exactly.

So, let's say I'm ub and you are tb.  You hit me with level 1 deep freeze.  Your deep freeze is active for 5 seconds.  If I spit on you during that 5 seconds, my cooldown is increased 9.1 seconds... so my cooldown jumps up to 16.1 seconds.  You can see where this starts to get really nasty as you level up deep freeze.  Even at level 1 deep freeze, if I grasp you, it will be over 30 seconds before I could do so again.  At level 4 deep freeze, if I grasped while it was active, my cooldown on grasp be around 50 seconds, etc.

December 23, 2009 6:47:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh! So it's kind of like Mark of the Betrayer? 

That changes everything. I can't wait till my next game.

But it did work like that right? I'm not losing my mind?

December 24, 2009 5:47:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Deepe freeze has a very short duration ! I used it after the enemy casts a spell to prevent him from casting again for a longer duration during fights. Gueess I was doing it wrong !! Imo if it works as pacov described it needs a much longer duration.

December 24, 2009 5:55:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

MotB gets to be unilimited.

December 24, 2009 9:46:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pavoc if correct, and it most certainly does not need a longer duration.

December 24, 2009 11:38:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think you might be surprised at its effectiveness.  I'd typically try to cast it at as an opening to a battle (but you lose the ability to cast an interrupt).  Consider that if you are in team combat and up against a beast, he's probably going to want to spam spit + grasp... this means he can prob get 1 spit off and thats that... and on it goes. 

If it lasted infinitely like motb, it would be pretty OP imo.  It's duration does currently increase by a second or so by level if I'm remembering right.  And I agree that it MAY be a little short, but I find that I do make different decisions when hit with deep freeze to avoid extra cool down.  I'd wager its exceptional useful on dgs that rely on quick burst damage. 

December 25, 2009 9:24:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've seen QoT used good with certain team members with bramble with certain combinations of team members she isn't bad its what combination of DG's make up the team.

But how bout we just post the chart? Oak + erb at the top of the list

December 27, 2009 2:24:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Izuz,
Deepe freeze has a very short duration ! I used it after the enemy casts a spell to prevent him from casting again for a longer duration during fights. Gueess I was doing it wrong !! Imo if it works as pacov described it needs a much longer duration.
You and me bioth were using it wrong. I would wait til after the skill was used to cast deep freeze

December 27, 2009 3:04:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's sick. It's helped me a ton against all DGs

December 27, 2009 3:19:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting niz032,
I've seen QoT used good with certain team members with bramble with certain combinations of team members she isn't bad its what combination of DG's make up the team.

But how bout we just post the chart? Oak + erb at the top of the list

Reduced 58%Original 1023 x 696

Most played doesn't mean best. For instance Regulus.

December 30, 2009 2:09:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@shade it's not most games played, if you look at the chart it's the # of wins each demigod has. It clearly shows in a statistical way that some characters win by a large % much more then others (i.e. they are predominately better then others).

December 30, 2009 2:37:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Niz you need to realize that the chart posted means nothing as it is.

Certain DG's get played much more often than others, and that needs to be taken into consideration before ANYTHING can be gained with that chart.

On its own the chart is completely meaningless.  What you are saying *may* be true, but that chart doesnt come near proving anything at all outside of UB/ereb/oak have won the most games.  maybe oak has played 10,000 games and won 2000..  Maybe oak has played 2500 games and won 2000.  You see what Im saying?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000391   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.