The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Merry Christmas, demigods!

By on December 20, 2009 5:57:02 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

imageDemigod is close to celebrating its first Christmas.  It’s been an exciting year for its community and for the game itself.

Developer Gas Powered Games has sent us a new Demigod build that has some tweaks to Oculus that we had requested. He won’t make it to the general public until after we get back from the holidays. The QA team have been just swamped with new stuff to test out (they play video games for a living, the bums!).

We expect to begin the new year with a bang with the release of Oculus.

Demigod 2010

So what will be happening during the next year for Demigod players? Demigod, being a Stardock published game, will continue to evolve this next year. Let’s talk about a few of the things we’re planning.

Clan Wars

The Clan Wars feature was originally going to be something that we done sooner rather than later. Instead, it was decided we’d improve the in-game overlay and get modding support in sooner rather than later. We’ll talk about modding in a minute but let’s talk about the clan system first.

Now, the first thing to understand is that a lot of these features will be coming via Impulse Reactor.  The idea is to put together an SDK that will allow game developers to easily add their own achievements, clan support, account info, etc.  Demigod will benefit from these new features.

The way it’ll work is that players will be able to join a clan and each can will gain points when one of their members wins.  That’s the first stage which is obviously pretty easy to do.  The more challenging stage is something we hope to develop for Elemental that will be brought back to Demigod where users will be able to essentially set up entire games through the overlay bypassing the existing Demigod lobby so that we can keep adding new types of match-making and game modes without having to interrupt GPG’s development schedule (GPG is working on Supreme Commander 2 right now).

Modding

There’s already some pretty good balance mods being made for Demigod that sound interesting.  We’re going to create a modding library early in the New Year so that it’s easier to find and download mods made by the community.

I know one of the personal things I am hoping we can get in are some additional maps but we’ll have to see what is possible.  There’s a few of the bigger maps that I’d love to see chopped down for more intensive 3 on 3 play but that’s just me.

More Balancing

We do plan to continue to enhance Demigod itself. We’d like to see the Queen of Thorns get a bit more love. She’s a powerful demigod in the right hands but in the wrong hands, she can become an online “feeder”.

Some quick thoughts on Multiplayer

Those of you in the beta for Impulse: Ready to Play and making good use of it already know this but it’s worth repeating often: Playing online with strangers is always a crapshoot. That’s one of the reasons why so few people actually play online.  Hard-core gamers like myself play online because we like the challenge but it also means we spend a lot of frustrated time online.

What we can do is try to make it easier for people to get games together and that’s going to be one of our major focuses for this next year on the multiplayer front. 

Hope you have a great new year

As for myself, I know I’ve enjoyed this past year a great deal with the Demigod community. There have been times where it’s been hard for all of us, especially when the game released but overall, one of my favorite things about Demigod is its online community.

So no matter where in the world you are, we hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Cheers!

Locked Post 19 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 20, 2009 6:13:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Woo! Great to hear!

Don't forget to go to bat for TB too!

December 20, 2009 7:12:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Happy Christmas Everyone!   

December 20, 2009 7:12:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Do your "Clan Wars" plans include a way to take a team into Pantheon? If that is made possible, I think Pantheon will get a lot more use than it currently does.

December 20, 2009 7:57:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Alterschism,
Do your "Clan Wars" plans include a way to take a team into Pantheon? If that is made possible, I think Pantheon will get a lot more use than it currently does.
Well I got the impression that they might be able to circumvent pantheon completely for automatic matchmaking depending on how robust that system turns out, which would be great. If we could just get a pure 'click to play' button and some team support, that'd be great.

December 21, 2009 12:08:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree with the Torch Bearer lovin' that needs to be done. Especially, after the stat reset I've been getting kicked from game lobbies solely for the fact that I'm playing TB! 

After the hopeful fix to the Torch Bearer move-attack fire mode fix that will go into the next patch. I hope that you can buff ICE form so that is a valid route to take (give TB more health in ice form for example). SOMETHING needs to be done to help this character match up with the other "top-tier" demigods especially with Demon Assassins eating up much of our responsibilities (he still can't touch TB for AoE dmg though). 

December 21, 2009 4:05:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ferazel,
I agree with the Torch Bearer lovin' that needs to be done. Especially, after the stat reset I've been getting kicked from game lobbies solely for the fact that I'm playing TB! 

After the hopeful fix to the Torch Bearer move-attack fire mode fix that will go into the next patch. I hope that you can buff ICE form so that is a valid route to take (give TB more health in ice form for example). SOMETHING needs to be done to help this character match up with the other "top-tier" demigods especially with Demon Assassins eating up much of our responsibilities (he still can't touch TB for AoE dmg though). 

Well from about 30 games experience playing Demigod online, I can tell you I have seen a 1 to 1 correlation between "being a noob" and "playing with TB". I don't know what it is, but it seems like TB is really a noob magnet.

Now I'm not saying all TB players suck, but from experience, the only players playing TB I have ever seen, did.

December 21, 2009 10:05:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Merry Christmas!

No chance of an update on making new maps? As in modding them.

December 21, 2009 11:43:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Give Yetis some love while you are at it.

Also, is your Rook's tower of light giving everyone the middle finger?

December 21, 2009 6:39:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Cool, thanks; and have a great holidays time there at your end too!!

December 21, 2009 6:50:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for info and have a good christmas and a great 2010!

December 22, 2009 8:28:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"oh while you're at it, we're not satisfied with anything you've done memememememe"

December 22, 2009 10:01:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Please don't buff queen. She's fine. Buff TB instead, or regulus. They need help.

Also just nerf the top three, bite to 650, lower spit more mana ooze downtuned, oak is a hard one btu fix his shield.

December 22, 2009 5:24:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
TB needs no buffing. Reg on the other hand...
December 22, 2009 6:21:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Please buff <insert favourite demigod> and nerf <least favourite demigod>. KTHXBAI!

December 23, 2009 3:33:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The only thing wrong with TB is that all people do is stack health. When most of your abilities are damage that doesnt scale, your abilities arnt as useful.

Fireball: 300 Dmg

Compaired to:

Pent: 200, slow, and dmg increase. 

So when people stack health, you can still have a good effect with Pent. Fireball just becomes less effective.

That's just one example, but you see what I mean.

December 23, 2009 11:47:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Merry Christmas, Frogboy!

December 27, 2009 11:13:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Edit:

December 29, 2009 10:21:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Whoa, knowing Stardock form previous experience I know that the updates are really on the way. Can't wait for the online improvements!

And happy new year, I hope you get about 2 million new customers!

December 31, 2009 2:25:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@Teseer

But fire TB has speed buff I think people under-estimate speed buff of fire tb with mates in a battle, tb fire /w speed buff on cataract in the right hands is pretty deadly.  I think the biggest problem with TB is that hist first frost nova doesn't come at an early enough level, maybe I'm wrong but I always feel I get frost nova later then needed since most of the time towers are gone by the time I get it or it's much less useful since you have catapults by then.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.