The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Some general gameplay concept questions from a newbie

By on December 20, 2009 2:27:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, I have played 3-4 games against the easy AI, won handsomly and am absolutely loving the game!

The problem is that I don't know how on earth am I winning and what am I supposed to do. The manual is woefully short of any sort of explanation, or maybe I read through it too quickly. I would be glad if anyone could answer some of these questions or point me to a link with information about basic game concepts.

1. When you press F4 in a game, you can select one ability which stay with you for that game. You need favour points. How do you get those darn favour points? The +15% movement is very handy for Regulus, but what if I want to have the better ones? I don't have enough favour. I am guessing that simply winning more games will give me more points, but will only Regulus games count for his facour points or will other Demigods do too?

2. Gold - how do you get that? Citadel upgrades? Items? Level up abilities? something else?

3. Same about Mana.

4. What is the difference between your levelling up and the war score of your team? What are the benefits of levelling up, apart from getting new skills? What good is the war score for? I didn't understand this by reading the manual.

5. Where do I get more gameplay concept help? I see lots of guides for specific Demigods, but to understand them I need to understand the basics first, don't I?

6. Why should I play this game in multiplayer mode? The single player is so much fun, even at low details. Can't wait for the new rig!

7. They said it needed SP3 and I almost didn't buy the game because of that. Luckily I did, and it works great for my XP SP2

8. What are the two "Demigod - Demon Assassin" registrations with serial numbers in the My Account page? Is that a goody I need to downlad?

+11 Karma | 34 Replies
December 22, 2009 9:52:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I lol'ed

December 22, 2009 11:48:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Esuzu,

pwnd

December 25, 2009 12:24:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I those walls of text

December 25, 2009 3:34:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

anyway, aruno, whenever you're brave enough to venture online: hit me up. For some reason I've always liked you on the forum (dunno why... ._.)

I'll run you through the ropes faster and more precise than you'll get on the forums: a lot of live feedback. Most likely I'll be playing with irek, and irek and I have ... a lot of games together. It'll give you a good idea about how good teamwork works out in demigod. Though I'm a bit more newb-friendly than him

Just keep me in mind. Too lazy to type today ~~~~

and I think that Pacov will vouch for irek's and I's skill D:

December 25, 2009 4:14:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

anyway, aruno, whenever you're brave enough to venture online: hit me up. For some reason I've always liked you on the forum (dunno why... ._.)

take him up on it... bugger's a good guy and can help you pick up things very quickly.

December 25, 2009 2:14:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks abuggeredhedgie! Appreciative words are always welcome

Unfortunately, the chances of my going for Demigod MP are quite slim right now. Partly because of my slow speed and partly because I bought a new i5 gaming PC on Christmas eve and I have games like World in Conflict which I have longed to play but have been unable to because of low specs. BTW, I should mention that Demigod looks absolutely gorgeous on my new rig!

Also, what is with the 'Demigod - Demon Assassin' registrations spamming my account? I have THREE of those now!

December 25, 2009 5:48:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

congrats on the new rig

December 25, 2009 7:34:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

2v2 is my favorite game mode D:

December 25, 2009 11:59:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
congrats on the new rig

Thanks, I was still tuning my system. Now it is tgame time finally!

Quoting abuggeredhedgie,
2v2 is my favorite game mode D:

Wrong thread?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.