The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Two noob Regulus questions

By on December 14, 2009 12:06:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Do mines triggered near enemy structures damage the structures? What items make Reg the most effective? Any info would be great. Thanks.

0 Karma | 17 Replies
December 14, 2009 12:18:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Do mines triggered near enemy structures damage the structures?

Yup

What items make Reg the most effective?

It depends alot on your skill level and what your build is focused on.  I'd recommend checking out the strategy forum as there are some good builds there (these include what items to buy, what skills to buy, etc).  Here's one:  https://forums.demigodthegame.com/371355

December 14, 2009 12:55:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you sir.

December 15, 2009 11:10:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Reg is a long range demigod, and i do play as him often. AS i have found early game, reg needs a lot of mana to feed him, but he is also quite fragile, so i get blood of the falled as his favor early game. reg devours mana super fast, but he is also easily killed. Crit hit weapons are great for him too. just ask me what kinda build ur giong for.

December 16, 2009 11:21:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm using a mine/snipe build:

Lvl1: mineI/ lvl2: snipeI/ lvl3: scope

Lvl4: mineII/ lvl5: MBI/ lvl6: snipeII

Lvl7: mineII/ lvl8: snipeIII/ lvl9: maim

Lvl10: mineIV/ lvl11: MBII/ lvl12: snipe IV

Lvl13 maimII/ lvl14: maimIII/ lvl15:MBIII

My favor item is usually SoR, I have also tried BoS and SA. I start with GauntofBrt and scaled helm. Later I get Unbrk boots and then Pcrown. After that I get cit upgrades mostly gold and fortification health mixed with vlemish and WoS. The order depends on how badly I'm getting my head handed to me. Despite not having a lot of HP I usually only get killed when I do something stupid like get too close to UB or LE or when I make a long range snipe and don't see some one coming. This build does do a lot of damage though. Any pointers or suggestions would be great.

December 16, 2009 12:11:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Tracking device is a pretty useful ability. You'll usually get a couple more kills if you have it, and it will force more trips back to the citadel on lower-health demis as they know they'll get whittled down if they stay out. LE is about the only demi that can get rid of the tracking device easily. I have a build around here somewhere that allows for a lot of lane and long range damage, but forgoes scope. I honestly have never needed scope. Soloing towers is ok, but the ability to push to reach the towers is more important.

December 16, 2009 2:39:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks. I read your build. I altered mine because of it. I did not have MB in before. I tried the tracking bug but it did not seem to net me any more kills. I'll have to give it another shot I guess. Thanks again for the advice.

December 16, 2009 8:32:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Tracking device is perfect for "molest" reg. He can see his targets at all times, and just keep sniping them, keeping them up on damage. And, of course they will try and stop you, but all you must do is make a mine trap. Maim + Tracking can be used defensive, so you can save allies a little by slowing and hurting incoming enemies. But really, I can tell you nearly any reg play style you are looking for. You looking for long range kills? Creep farming? I can tell you how to do it.

December 17, 2009 12:06:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like to farm creeps and still be able to push a DG away with mines, MB, and towers and then snipe them as they run. I also want to be able to lend a long distance hand to my teamates.

December 17, 2009 10:08:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I use the tracking device primarily to finish off DGs. If they have to retreat from combat, I can hit them at least once, and often twice, before they make it to a crystal. Sometimes minions heal them, but often they are oom and without minions, or their minions are too far away.

So if I'm on one side of, say, cataract (which seems to be the only map in the game :[ ), while helping in my lane I'll watch to see if my ally on the other side of the map is engaging. If so, I'll snipe his target to soften it and plant a tracking device. I'll snipe again and again while he's fighting until the enemy runs, and I'll keep sniping until he's dead or reaches the crystal (or I'm oom, which is a bit less often now that I carry mana pots).

December 18, 2009 12:23:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I thought that snipe automatically implanted a tracking bug whether you had the skill or not. The skill just rigs all of the regular bolts reg fires with bugs.

December 18, 2009 4:38:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No, you need the tracking device skill to have a tracking device. Once you have the skill, both regular bolts and snipe bolts will implant it.

Random Fact: Universal gadgets can be used to fix towers. This was just pointed out to me...

December 18, 2009 1:17:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Snipe also does maim. For creep farming, yes get mines. Go out, farm, and get snipe, maim, and tracking bug. Make mine traps around yourself,or just use mines in the midst of combat. Use snipe to keep enemies low on hp.

December 18, 2009 6:08:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UncleanBeast,
Snipe also does maim. For creep farming, yes get mines. Go out, farm, and get snipe, maim, and tracking bug. Make mine traps around yourself,or just use mines in the midst of combat. Use snipe to keep enemies low on hp.

IMO, you'll do better using mark (and eventually shrap mines) for slowing than putting a point in maim. Maim doesn't really last long enough to guarantee that you'll get more than 2 snipes in on a running opponent. Mark, however, can and often does save you when you are trying to get away from a melee.

December 18, 2009 8:53:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So...does snipe implant a tracking bug or do you need the skill? I'm still not quite sure.

December 18, 2009 8:59:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting el_cid1988,
So...does snipe implant a tracking bug or do you need the skill? I'm still not quite sure.
you need the skill

December 18, 2009 9:27:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting el_cid1988,

Quoting grimunk,
No, you need the tracking device skill to have a tracking device. Once you have the skill, both regular bolts and snipe bolts will implant it.

December 19, 2009 9:59:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks. I have added the tracking device skill. You guys have helped me a ton. Thanks again. I will try not to embarass myself out there.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.