The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Erebus Mist Build

By on December 11, 2009 6:35:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Erebus Mist Build + Explanation

Skills :

Level 1: Bite
Level 2: Mist
Level 3: Save
Level 4: Bite + Mist
Level 5: Swarm
Level 6: Save
Level 7: Bite + Mist
Level 8: Save
Level 9: Save
Level 10: Bite + Mist +Swarm
Level 11: Coven
Level 12: Improved Converstion
Level 13: Coven
Level 14: Save (Or Coven)
Level 15: Bloody Haze + Bat Swarm (Or just Bloody Haze if you got Level 14 Coven)

After this point you can continue building up coven and your minions.

Item List :

Favor Item : Cloak Of The Night

Starting items : (if you have another general who gets monks)
Scaled Helm
Mana Pot

(Without another general)
Monks
Scaled Helm

Items to purchase in order of importance :
Vlemish
Plaenor
Having atleast 2 portal scrolls
Hungarling's (If you can afford it when you go back after you purchase Plaenor)
Vinling
Monks
Citadel Upgrades

(Side note with the items) You can purchase the Visor any time after Plaenor if you need more regen but cannot afford the Vinling or Hung.

What to do at points in the game :

Beginning :
It is very beneficial to get a side to yourself, but not absolutely needed. It is reccomended to quickly rush center, get EXP from center flag and go straight for the mana flag on Cat. Keep using bite and your melee swings to keep your health up and keep pressure on people on your flag. If you get low, use that cloak, if you see a kill opportunity on a non-general demigod (IE a warp and a bite will kill) take the kill. Against generals it is too risky as they might get a monk heal which will in turn cause your death.

At level 5: You get bat swarm and will most likely have atleast vlemish.
Ok, so now you are getting some fair amount of regen going and you can warp. You can be much more aggressive. LE has a huge burst available now so use it. The burst is as follow :

Swarm + Bite + Melee if they are low/Mist if they are high health and not running. This is a fair amount of damage, you have taken none and you still have a cloak if things get nasty. A warning though is to never run past an enemy flag or pursue too far until later levels. Keep in mind you are still squishy beyond belief.

Mid Game :
You are now rocking a nice Plaenor and possibly higher, your mana is approaching 5-6K and you can bite and swarm spam while staying at full. Your goal here is to assist in downing towers and assisting teammates in kills. You are not the portal holding flag beast yet, you are more of a huge annoyance to the team. You can burst them but they cannot burst you. You are fast and can cover a lot of the map quickly, and your bites and swarms will assist in kills. Keep this up until level 10-12.

Late game :
If you got a few kills, congratulations at 10, you can now hold a portal flag. If you are not getting many kills, you might have to wait. You can see your mana regen compared you your mist mana usage by going mist and watching it for a little. Once you are losing only 30 mana per tick (IE you are regenning about 80-100 MPS) you are ready. Go to a portal flag and warp onto it. You will either cap it and then can lock it or stay, or try to down towers and push. If they defend it, here comes the fun. They warp onto you, let them damage you a bit, about 800 under your max health, bite, and then mist. You will damagae them for about 200 more damage from mist and you will be happily chilling while killing their creep wave, leveling, getting nightwalkers, and pushing with them. They will be unhappy waiting and watching, not getting creep XP, not helping their team hold flags, and will be forced to lock the flag to go do anything. If they lock it, no big deal, scroll to the other side, warp onto that portal, and repeat. They will be forced to spend money locking constantly or lose a portal. Keep this up till you push to their cit. Mist on their citadel to give your creeps some Regen and win.

Further Elaborations :

I would like to explain a bit about this build. It is nothing new and has been done before in the past. The goal is to get enough mana per 5 to stay in mist indefinatly. Now, to get this you will need 5 mana helmets (4 for the alternate gameplay style, but I will get to that later). With this you will be possibly the squishiest thing alive which might deter people, but I feel I should counter this point and other concerns many might have with this build (To see a quick answer to obvious questions, go to the bottom.).

"How are you planning on staying alive without stacking health?"

Simple you don't need health. Erebus's bite is an amazing tool that will keep you topped off. Keep in mind with the insane mana regen you have, biting will be able to be done every time it is up. In the beginning of the game you will be able to bite, in a row, atleast 5 times. This excludes any regen you get during those 5 times. A normal erebus can do 2 before being oom. You healing from this alone is very powerful. Now, it does have a cooldown so you do have to do something to survive inbetween bites. This is where bat swarm and mist come into play. If you are getting in a bad position, Bite ---> Mist --(Wait till bite is up)-> Bite ---> Swarm away or pursue. You stay alive by misting to avoid any damage, biting to keep yourself topped off constantly, and swarming as your get away.

"How can you hold a lane early game?"

Simply. Go in, melee, bite when you have taken about 300 damage, continue meleeing, bite again. You will either be in a bad spot or he will be at this point. If you are in a bad spot, cloak out, if he is, you have a flag. This is not different than most other Teir 1 demigods. The only demigod that can push you from a flag is rook in which you will need to have your team assist you if you want the flag. The other viable option is to level by your tower and keep pestering with bites until they must leave.

"How can he hold up in the end game?"

End game is where he shines. You will be unkillable (assuming you can use keybindings) and will be able to stay in mist indefinatly (Or for a long, long time for the 4 helm build) and can put out 1.5K-2K burst damage whenever you desire. The true power in this build is your ability to hold onto a portal flag. Warping in and stealing it is normally what erebus does, but you have an added bonus, if they warp to stop you, they just wasted a warp and their time. With bite and indefinate mist, just chill there as they lose EXP, flags, while they wait for you to come out. Their only choice will be to leave to not lose everything and then you will start to recap it. And while your misted, you will have a constant stream of minions to push down their towers with.

4 Mana Helms :

And as mentioned there is a 4 mana helm build. This requires a more attentful eye on your mana bar as you can go oom, but played well you won't need to ever use enough to go that low.

The mana helms will be:

Vlemish/Plaenor/Hung/Vinlin. You can replace the Scaled with a few items

Unbreakable Boots : You become a little less squishy and will have a higher mana cap.

Boots Of Speed : Make erebus a little faster for cheap

Journymen : Some health, high movement increase, and a chance to go very fast. This can be useful for getting away on some tight 1 on 1's when you are low on mana, but don't rely on the chance proc.

All Father's Ring : Hey, if you can afford it, why the hell not take it?

+2 Karma | 31 Replies
December 11, 2009 8:28:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I ENDORSE THIS BUILD

Can't wait to own the face of anyone using this build.  The point of  Multi-player games is to be a help to your team if you can't hold a lane what good are you?

A warning though is to never run past an enemy flag or pursue too far until later levels. Keep in mind you are still squishy beyond belief.

Ok this is good advice for any build, but this is the problem you are squishy beyond belief.

You Sir are in danger of becoming a feeder with this build.

I would love to see you in a replay with this because unless you are up against noobs I would bet that you are the most killed.

PS

Where is the space in this build to upgrade the tower to help your team in this build?

December 11, 2009 8:53:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would enjoy facing you KineticOne.

You are in danger of becoming a feeder, yes, but if you fail at any build that happens. And as for cit upgrades, you should be smart as a player to do this, a build guide does not equal a how to play Demigod guide. I shouldn't HAVE to put that in there as it is implied.

December 11, 2009 8:56:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is more of a catract build, just used it in exile and it didnt do as well as it normally does.  Of course we were playing pacovs pre with a PuG QoT...

December 11, 2009 9:13:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, but it sounds kinda boring

December 11, 2009 9:17:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Mybones92,

You are in danger of becoming a feeder, yes, but if you fail at any build that happens. And as for cit upgrades, you should be smart as a player to do this, a build guide does not equal a how to play Demigod guide. I shouldn't HAVE to put that in there as it is implied.

Well, I died twice due to the high powered towers and then I was waiting for 4 min for somebody to warp and help me kill a 1.7 UB. The high power towers had more to do with it.

December 11, 2009 9:32:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sir you are right of course... and as a nerdy internet gamer I stand corrected. I would welcome a match m8t. 

I put in my original post that I think only a pro could make this work but my kids where fighting and I came back and it was gone...

I would put that in huge letters....

THIS BUILD IS FOR PRO'S ONLY just  like sex.... just because you can doesn't mean you should

December 11, 2009 11:31:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, it's a good build... but let's be clear on my position...

What do you do? Uhhh... I turn into mist and sit there... I am so 1337 I don't even use the keyboard to trigger my skillz.

December 11, 2009 11:41:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, this kind of build is exactly why mist needs a cap on its duration.

December 12, 2009 4:12:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Or something else. Mist is just broken right now. Mind you it's not OP but it's either useless(or only for level 1 for escaping spit/hammer/fireball) or it's the unending mist of doom.

December 12, 2009 4:16:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

On Leviathan, you don't even need a Hungarling's crown to Permamist.

I tried a minion-based version of permamist, and it didn't work so hot. Maybe I'll give this assassin version a shot. I simply love Rank 4 mist. The AoE heal and damage is fantastic. I've only played 3 games with Erebus, so I'm trying to give him a serious chance.

December 12, 2009 6:47:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lifekatana,
Or something else. Mist is just broken right now. Mind you it's not OP but it's either useless(or only for level 1 for escaping spit/hammer/fireball) or it's the unending mist of doom.
Really mana regeneration just shouldn't work during it. You don't get health back, it seems like it's an oversight.

December 13, 2009 6:49:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HorseStrangler,

Quoting lifekatana, reply 9Or something else. Mist is just broken right now. Mind you it's not OP but it's either useless(or only for level 1 for escaping spit/hammer/fireball) or it's the unending mist of doom.Really mana regeneration just shouldn't work during it. You don't get health back, it seems like it's an oversight.

I noticed this too when my first attempt at me stacking mana and health regen failed. Mana regened but health did not. I still think mana and health should regen, but put a time cap on it. This build can get very annoying.

December 13, 2009 6:51:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Because I love hitting 2 and watching.

December 13, 2009 10:52:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

WAIT!! WHILE YOU ARE IN MIST, DO YOU GAIN EXP??

IF NOT ,, I THINK ITS JUST USELESS PIECE OF JUNK SKILLS

RATHER I GET OOZE

December 13, 2009 11:48:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree, Ooze Erebus is the best. Lulz.

Yes, you gain experience, and minions are spawned too. I think mist works decently with a minion build.

I think Mist is easier to pull of on Leviathan due to the mana regen flag. You don't need all of those helms and can stack a health item.

December 14, 2009 11:38:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Epiphenomenon,
I agree, Ooze Erebus is the best. Lulz.

Yes, you gain experience, and minions are spawned too. I think mist works decently with a minion build.

I think Mist is easier to pull of on Leviathan due to the mana regen flag. You don't need all of those helms and can stack a health item.

And you can mist at the chokepoint with grunts, constantly spawning minions thus holding up the grunts.

You can go get a soda, go to the store or smoke a blunt.

It's retarded. If you enjoy this type of play, please don't play with me.

December 14, 2009 1:21:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Mybones92,

Quoting HorseStrangler,
reply 11

Quoting lifekatana, reply 9Or something else. Mist is just broken right now. Mind you it's not OP but it's either useless(or only for level 1 for escaping spit/hammer/fireball) or it's the unending mist of doom.Really mana regeneration just shouldn't work during it. You don't get health back, it seems like it's an oversight.

I noticed this too when my first attempt at me stacking mana and health regen failed. Mana regened but health did not. I still think mana and health should regen, but put a time cap on it. This build can get very annoying.

It use to in beta we had it nerfed health regen was way OP

December 14, 2009 8:14:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Definitely going to piss some people off with this build.

December 15, 2009 1:54:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A flag can be capped from under your feet when you're in mist - or at least, I'm pretty sure it can. You won't necessarily hold a flag without unmisting to cap it again.

December 15, 2009 2:33:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting grimunk,
A flag can be capped from under your feet when you're in mist - or at least, I'm pretty sure it can. You won't necessarily hold a flag without unmisting to cap it again.
Whenever you lose a flag it starts porducing hostile reinforcements, which you turn into nightwalkers and from which you gain exp, while your opponent gains zero exp.

December 15, 2009 2:36:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Interesting.  Why would you not just put off mist until lvl 10 or whatever?  Get the combat skills, be more useful on the flag, buy HP items, then when you get critical level, you can sell everything, buy mana items and get the skills necessary.

Isn't mist 1 cheaper?  Would it be wiser to go with a minion build, then at the end there, hock my crap, get mana items, mist 1 and pull this off?  Then I could stay in mist form and control my minions...

Or is there a super sneaky part I don't get?

December 15, 2009 2:41:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I dunno, I assume they just like the increased DPS on higher ranks. It does actually do a pretty significant amount, maybe it's just to counter higher level unit upgrades that come wandering out of the portal.

December 15, 2009 2:49:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Cind3rs,
Interesting.  Why would you not just put off mist until lvl 10 or whatever?  Get the combat skills, be more useful on the flag, buy HP items, then when you get critical level, you can sell everything, buy mana items and get the skills necessary.

Isn't mist 1 cheaper?  Would it be wiser to go with a minion build, then at the end there, hock my crap, get mana items, mist 1 and pull this off?  Then I could stay in mist form and control my minions...

Or is there a super sneaky part I don't get?

The only really useful thing its missing is charm which u can also get, everything else is his best dps skills.

December 15, 2009 7:05:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Very usefull on exile.

December 15, 2009 12:29:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HorseStrangler,
Whenever you lose a flag it starts porducing hostile reinforcements, which you turn into nightwalkers and from which you gain exp, while your opponent gains zero exp.

Fair enough. So I guess just letting erebus hold that portal flag is what you'd have to do, and take advantage that he's too busy to help his teammates control the rest of the map.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000265   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.