The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The Bloodfiend

Arch-Lord of the 6th Hell

By on December 5, 2009 9:48:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums External Link

UncleanBeast

Join Date 07/2009
+11

A new Demigod concept, and an interesting one. It may have been thought of before, but this is my take on this concept. This Demigod is a life steal, and regen/tank Demi. Erebus can be considered a life steal archetype, but this Demi is all out focused on stealing health, and keeping himself strong. Disturbing in nature, he is the Arch-Lord of the 6th Hell, the Bloody Hell. He drains enemies life away quickly, and can take a formidable hit before going down. And, as you might expect, he not only looks badass, but he is! Enjoy my latest!

Name: Taer'ak, the Bleeder

Origin: The Son of the 6th Hell's ruler, Taer'ak is filled with divine power and rage. He seeks to overthrow his father, and take the 6th Hell as his own home. He is no small force, and his rage is palpable. Many of his motives are hidden, but he is very determined.

Alignment: Darkness

Class: Assasain

Strengths: Great Attack Damage. High recovery strenght.

Weakness: Lacks burst damage.Easily inturrupted.

Appearance: Although I will have complete drawing of him here soon, i will also describe him. He is a massive hulking red giant, with several black veins pulsing within the confines of his thick flesh. He has thick and curving horns that aim downwards, spiraling all the while. He wears several large bones of various animals and humans on his chest like shoulder-gaurds. He bears massive hands with long shining black claws. He wears a violent and relentless face, and fiery green burning eyes. Tatoos line his entire body, and he bears huge hooves. A redish-black embroidered loin cloth covers his privates.

Play Style: A huge lumbering giant, who thirsts for blood and violence, may be no strategist, but he can still fight in his own ways. Using health draining abilities, he can stay on top, and outlast anyone. He can farm creeps, with a skill like ooze, that gives him health instead of losing it! He can amplify his weapon damage, and his life steal with ease. He is slow, and can be overwhelmed easily. His abilties are often channeled, meaning they can easily inturrupted. A simple coordinated attack can fell this temperament slayer.

Taunts (Sadistic voice)

Come Fleshling

I shall tear your heart out!

Blood will be spilled!

Damn you fool, I am going

There is no voilence here!

Say that again, and I will gut you fool!

Death Animation: His body bubbles up with foam and blood, and after a short time, he falls to the floor, and explodes in a shower of thick blood and bone. His after death effect is + 30 weapon damage to allies for 15 seconds.

Stats

Health: 1800

Mana: 950

Armor:450

Damage:180-200

Attack Speed: 1.60

Move Speed: 5.8

Abilities (Activated)

Vitality Steal: 350/600/850/1150 Mana, 2 CT (Channeled abilitiy), 8 CD, Effects: The Bloodfiend begins to siphon the blood and life force of target enemy, draining 300/550/800/950 Health over 3 seconds. For each second of the duration, the enemy will be slowed for 15/20/25/30%. Meduim range.

Harvest: 10/15/25 Mana, 0.1 CT ( Toggle Ability, drains mana while active), 12 CD, Effects: The Bloodfiend lets out a torrent of palpable hate and hunger, tearing of enemies' flesh and dragging it as a red sludge to him. Enemies nearby in  a small/meduim/large radius will be drained of 30/45/60 HPS.

Frenzy: 450/650/900/1200 Mana, .2 Cast Time, 9 CD, Effects: The Bloodfiend lets a sudden rush of hunger fill his veins, giving him + 45/60/75/90 Weapon damage, and splash damage. Whilst this ability is active, he will have massive reddish purple bat-wings sprout out of his back.

Heart Attack: 560/780/900 Mana, Instant, 15 CD, Effects: The Bloodfiend's horrific presence invokes all enemies to suffer from a deadly heart attack, stunning them for .9/1.1/1.3 seconds, and dealing 250/350/450 Damage. This is in a small/meduim/large AOE.

Ability Upgrades:

Soul Feast: Vitality Feast will now also steal 100% of the enemies's HP regen for 6 seconds after the ability has been finished.

Unstoppable: Frenzy will now reduce all damage to the Bloodfiend by 50%, and he we be immune to stuns whilst the ability is active.

Bloody-Harvest: Harvest will now also Increase the Bloodfiend's HP regen by 10% for each enemy nearby, whilst the abiltiy is active. Regeneration will be maxed out at 200%.

Passives:

Bloodthirst: The Fiend gains a + 10/15/20/25% life Steal Aura.

Hatred: The Fiend gains + 15/20/25/30% faster attack speed.

So, ive made several large changes, particularly to is ability names and effects. Please give me some in-depth feedback, because it is very necessary. I need to know what is bad, and what you like. Thanks for reading, and any feedback is greatly appreciated. Unclean Beast

Locked Post 14 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 6, 2009 12:45:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So he's a less cool Erebus?

December 6, 2009 3:52:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you say so, yes. But he is focused completely on life steal, unlike Erebus, who just has life steal as one of his strenghts. Think what you will.

December 6, 2009 11:17:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like it; pretty interesting. I like the sounds of 'Splatter' and 'Frenzy', even if they are only passives. Pretty darn cool, even if he is a far more focused form of Erebus. Good design!

December 6, 2009 11:34:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thanks anarchist44

December 8, 2009 11:56:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have renamed several skills, and I also made him an assassain, to combat erebus's image, and the fact that his mechanich does not work well with him being a general. Also, once i can get more balancing done, and more feedback from him, then I can really start going full-scale.

December 10, 2009 8:59:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You have warped erebus's concept and made a new character speacialized in a unique characteristic. This takes tremedous skill and creativity. I applaud to you. This concept of the Bloodfiend is lovely! You have my blessings! In my note of wisdom, honor, and assistence, may I suggest making him a "night-elf"? His physique may be to your desire, although I recomend that of the prince from Hellboy II. I simply suggest in making him a dark-blue elf with glowing red vein lines through out his body. His hair is a dark green with blood marks on them, and his eyes have bright green circles around the pupil. He could perhaps transform into a demonic entity of sorts that feeds on the carcass of enemies, whose face hides behind the skull of his elven wife who he killed in blind rage over all his losses. But this is just my idea of course...although honorable, not worthy of much.

December 10, 2009 9:26:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks vita, a lot! I apreciate your praise, it means alot. Anyways, I like your concept for an elven character for his image, but there is a reason why I will stick with his original image; First off, I thought of him being an elf at first, but as i responded to another post, I began to realize another elven guy I could make. I also thought it fit for some divine monster who is obssesed with feasting upon blood and devouring flesh. Not sure pyscotic image would fit a Dark Elf. Yes, he could just be a melee sorcerer, but just check out my upcoming "Hafling" and my "Old One". I'll give you a short preveiw (cause ur my friend). The Hafling is a half elf, half.... something else. He uses advanced hit and run tactics, and can be extremely skilled at ambushes. Not even an HP stacking UB can escape his power. And the Old One is a blind character, with a fiendish ally. Both can be expected soon.

December 10, 2009 9:34:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UncleanBeast,
Thanks vita, a lot! I apreciate your praise, it means alot. Anyways, I like your concept for an elven character for his image, but there is a reason why I will stick with his original image; First off, I thought of him being an elf at first, but as i responded to another post, I began to realize another elven guy I could make. I also thought it fit for some divine monster who is obssesed with feasting upon blood and devouring flesh. Not sure pyscotic image would fit a Dark Elf. Yes, he could just be a melee sorcerer, but just check out my upcoming "Hafling" and my "Old One". I'll give you a short preveiw (cause ur my friend). The Hafling is a half elf, half.... something else. He uses advanced hit and run tactics, and can be extremely skilled at ambushes. Not even an HP stacking UB can escape his power. And the Old One is a blind character, with a fiendish ally. Both can be expected soon.

Very well, your reasoning is justified. I see that your other concepts are very special. The provide balance with this one. I am satisfied.

December 15, 2009 10:37:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i am going to have my drawing up soon for the Bloodfiend, and make sure i get an official review, Thanks!

December 21, 2009 11:17:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That's good; my only gr4ipe with this character being he seemed too much like Erebus is now fixed because he has been redesigned as an assassin. Bravo, firstly on the change, and more importantly on simply making a great demigod in the first place!

January 16, 2010 3:36:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You should make him as big as the rook, that would be interesting...

January 16, 2010 6:07:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You ask for "in-depth feedback" so I will have some criticisms. this is meant to be helpful criticism.  

The idea is a bit too focussed on 1 thing if you ask me but still it is not a bad idea. Some things are a bit unclear to me though. For exampel the level you need to get different abilities. also I only know your characters stats @ lvl 1 and he can get to lvl 20. the rooks basic health shouldnt be described as 1900 either but as 1900+150(lvl-1). Also any ability must imo have a cast time. Even bat swarm for exampel has a cast time and can be interupted. (that happened to me 2 times so far) If you want no or almost no cast time give it a cast time of 0.1 seconds.

His stats: he has low speed and low dps. (an attack speed of over 2 seconds is really long) If you are slow you need to retreat early to survive and your enemies can afford to stay near you long. Are you sure this wont make him to weak. He cant really chase down an enemy and its already hard to push someone away with a low dps especially since he wont have monks. You might say he makes up for that in life steal but his life steal seems to be to small to me.

About harvest: I dont think anyone is impressed by 15 damage per seconds, even if it has a large range. It takes a minute (60 seconds!!!) to do 900 damage. ooze does that in 7 seconds, the shoulder towers of the rook also need a few seconds to do that damage. maybe I understand this ability wrong but is seems really underpowered to me.

about hatred: 4 ability points for 13% speed? sedna needs 3 for +15% and gets a nice health regen bonus too. dont be afraid to give your demigod awesome abilities. If you want him to compete with unclean beast, erebus, oak, sedna or rook you need to compare the abilities of your new demigod to theirs.

Bloodthirst: again underpowered. 16% lifesteal. if you are lvl 10 and your dps is 200 or something that would mean a health bonus of 32 per second for 4 ability points. compare this to what god strengt of rook does. +150 damage (so dps increases a 100 or something) for 3 ability points This ability is underpowered.

I hope you see this as useful.

February 24, 2010 10:40:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol, well ive been gone for a really long time, I mean like months. Been playing Borderlands and Team Fortress two for a very long time. Yeah, I didn't want overpower him, but I did feel at times like he was UP. I'll be sure to buff him up. Thanks for that great in depth feedback Wimmetje.

August 9, 2010 2:20:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've come back from the dead to resurrect my long dead post. I discovered other games, and played them for quite a while. I decided to drop by and breathe some life back into the community. I hadn't realized how bad things had become when I'd left. Not much going on. This post was still on the front page of ideas, so there haven't been many new ones. Make sure you take a look at my new stats for him, I gave him a very sizeable buff.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000484   Page Render Time: